The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

bouncingCats

HSC
Which is region 7??
In terms of Supermarkets, Region 7 is in NSW, with Area Offices in Yennora, Marrickville, Burwood, Orange and Mount Druitt. Each Area Office covers 15-18 stores within their respective areas and depending on what region they are in.

You can find out which stores are in which region by going on to the Woolworths Vendor page, then going to Contacts/Regional Contacts. There is a link for each region, which will show the Region, Area and which stores are within that Area.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Under the Woolworths limited Online Social behavoir, we can't upload photos of employees names, number, rolls, shifts etc without there say so

Jolyon

HSC
Interesting article you found, iMathew...
Since I started working in Liquor a few weeks ago I've had to be especially careful of thieves posing as customers. We had a $250 bottle stolen on the opening week.
Luckily, I wasn't on at the time. :D

In other news.. found out last night from my DM that A Currant Affair would be filming today in my store. We're featuring in a story comparing online shopping vs. brick & mortar stores.
TBH I can't understand why my store, all the way in Berwick VIC, was chosen?? It's been almost two years since we've had a refurb, and the stores getting pretty ferrel.
I'm told there was a mad rush to roster extra staff on.

Has anyone here been upgraded to the 2015 format yet?
All we know is we're getting a mini refurb (5 weeks), which will upgrade the home and beauty isle, strip the vinyl floor (??) and finish anything that wasn't completed two years ago.
Our registers weren't replaced last time, but capped/covered/painted. Really shabby job, they're constantly breaking/ falling apart. I doubt the company are willing to part with more money to fix them.
We are at the 2015 format. Our service desk is like half its size. Our CSM had the throw out so much stuff simply because it did not fit. But they made the gap between SCO so much bigger. Makes life easier

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Our service desk is like half its size. Our CSM had the throw out so much stuff simply because it did not fit.
What stuff was thrown out? We only keep what's necessary at the service desk.

But they made the gap between SCO so much bigger. Makes life easier
Wouldn't that encourage people with full trolleys to come through self serve? Kind of defeats its purpose. I'm actually starting to see acts of 'self serve rage' because there isn't an item limit.

Jolyon

HSC
What stuff was thrown out? We only keep what's necessary at the service desk.
We are an old store, mostly things that had been put in cupboards and forgotten over the years. Since the refurb everything is now running much more smooth.

Wouldn't that encourage people with full trolleys to come through self serve? Kind of defeats its purpose. I'm actually starting to see acts of 'self serve rage' because there isn't an item limit.
We just got 2 more self serve registers put in (total of 8) and have 6 express lanes. So even with big trolleys going through it usually causes no problems.

Jolyon

HSC
^^ but you have the new smokeshop 'drawers'!!! man i would kill for those, the current design is such a pain!! :frown2:
haha i love the draws. You cant slam them closed, someone tried in rage one night and something slows them down and gently closes. They are awesome haha

nanakid12

HSC
What happened, all? Blackout for a few days? :)

Anyway, I'm just wondering with the everyday rewards card, if a customer comes and tells you that they lost theirs, do we actually have the ability to go in and replace their card, or do we have to tell them that they have to login themselves?

I notice you can get on everydayrewards.com.au on the workstation, so could you fill out their user name and pull the keyboard out and tell the customer to put in their password, and then go in and replace it for them?

Just wondering cause I'm not sure about this sorta stuff :) Thanks.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
What happened, all? Blackout for a few days? :)

Anyway, I'm just wondering with the everyday rewards card, if a customer comes and tells you that they lost theirs, do we actually have the ability to go in and replace their card, or do we have to tell them that they have to login themselves?

I notice you can get on everydayrewards.com.au on the workstation, so could you fill out their user name and pull the keyboard out and tell the customer to put in their password, and then go in and replace it for them?

Just wondering cause I'm not sure about this sorta stuff :) Thanks.
No, I think there might be a way to do it from the backend point of view, like through Citrix or something, but you can always give the customer a new pamphlet and get them to register the new card. They can cancel/remove/update any existing cards anyway. They all have access to it, because they had to register their card some way.

nanakid12

HSC
Yes iMathew, but the customer can easily just login to everydayrewards.com.au at home, click "Replace Card" then they can say they lost it or it was stolen or something, and a new one will be sent out to their mailing address. A lot easier than registering a brand new card and transferring QFF to it and all.

I'm wondering if there is a backend way of doing this through the workstation.

Apologies if this is what you meant, but I'm not sure.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah that's what I mean by directing the customer to the website. But yeah, as i said, i'm not sure if you can do it through citrix or something. Somebody who has tried will eventually be able to say :p

Jolyon

HSC
Yeah that's what I mean by directing the customer to the website. But yeah, as i said, i'm not sure if you can do it through citrix or something. Somebody who has tried will eventually be able to say :p
Yep you can do it through Citrix. I personally do not know how. But I have seen my CSM manager replace a card for a customer on it before.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
By the way, our fridge(s) do have the pull down sheet, on the large main fridge anyway, forgot to check on the smaller fridges. COOL FIND, another thing which I have brought to our store from BoS :p

EDIT: Oh and whilst I was playing with that, I found the light switch for the LED lights in the drinks fridge, that provided a few minutes of entertainment haha :p (unpaid of course <looks around>)

Jolyon

HSC
By the way, our fridge(s) do have the pull down sheet, on the large main fridge anyway, forgot to check on the smaller fridges. COOL FIND, another thing which I have brought to our store from BoS :p

EDIT: Oh and whilst I was playing with that, I found the light switch for the LED lights in the drinks fridge, that provided a few minutes of entertainment haha :p (unpaid of course <looks around>)
Whenever I do something for work when I have clocked off I always without fail say "I am doing this for free you know"

quick90

HSC
Anyone here done the Cert II retail training? would you recommend doing it?

My store manager informed me today that she had put me forward. All I have to do is hand her a letter by friday, telling her why I think I should be picked...

I looked up the the course details, looks pretty basic:

*Interact with customers
*Organise and maintain work areas
*Communicate in the workplace
*Operate retail technology
*Work effectively in a retail environment
*Perform stock control procedures
*Apply safe working practices
*Minimise theft

Just wondering if theres any point in me doing the course if I dont see myself staying at woolies as a career?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Anyone here done the Cert II retail training? would you recommend doing it?

My store manager informed me today that she had put me forward. All I have to do is hand her a letter by friday, telling her why I think I should be picked...

I looked up the the course details, looks pretty basic:

*Interact with customers
*Organise and maintain work areas
*Communicate in the workplace
*Operate retail technology
*Work effectively in a retail environment
*Perform stock control procedures
*Apply safe working practices
*Minimise theft

Just wondering if theres any point in me doing the course if I dont see myself staying at woolies as a career?
If you plan to be in rertail when you are older, then yes do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)