The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
We have some on holiday rates for both days and some on for one. Going to ask my SSO on monday.

Clank_

HSC
Heh, my manager cancelled my shift for tonight :) Probably one of the only times when I'll be happy for it to be cancelled.

They better not cancel my NYD shift though.

john-91

HSC
can someone clarify something for me. I am a service supervisor working a part time roster, which is wednesday through to sunday, with monday/tuesdays off. In the EBA agreement (which can conviently gone missing from the staff lunch room) I remember reading a clause that states that an employee on a contract who works on a public holiday such as boxing day and new years day, they are entitled to use the hours they worked on those days towards toil which has to be taken within 21 days, or we get it paid out to us. My CSTM has told us that we don't apply for it as we are on part time contracts however I would like someone to clarify this so we know where we stand. many thanks in advance

powlmao

Banned
HSC
If you are on contract and work a public holiday the EBA says

a) you get paid for another day
b) hours worked can be used for toil

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I've been on contract for two years and never received anything for working public holidays? I thought you were entitled to a day off if you wish, but you can also work and get the penalty rates?

BSammy

HSC
John. Do you mean having a day owed for those who have a contract where the holiday falls on your day off?

7.7.1 A full-time employee whose non-working day falls on a public holiday
prescribed under subclauses 7.1, 7.2, or 7.3 (but not 7.10.3) and a part-time
employee who works an average of 5 shifts per week whose non-working day
falls on a public holiday prescribed under 7.1 , 7.2, or 7.3 (but not 7.10.3) shall
receive by mutual agreement either: blah blah

So even if you're part time, if you are permanently rostered 5 days a week, then yes. you get a day owed to you.
Make sure you get this, because that's like two days worth for christmas and boxing day, (assuming they made you use annual for actual chsirtmas day or something)

I included the clause in the agreement so you can quote it and sound like you know what you're talking about.

also i have the agreement bookmarked. it's fucking helpful
http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/agreements/fwa/AE877944.pdf

BSammy

HSC
i don't know what powl is refering to.

I'm guessing you got confused by the "who works on a public holiday" in johns post when it seems he actually means doesn't work.

also i just want to say these fucking susbtitue holidays are a pain in the arse

fucking monday to friday office workers whinging about missing their public holidays, changing the law to make their cushy non shift working arses happyer, not caring about the poor fuckers who sell them their groceries. and the poor office workers at these supermarkets who have to deal with the terrible consequences of substitute holidays being annoying.

Last edited:

Clank_

HSC
Hrm does the sunday loading stack with the public holiday loading making it triple time (plus the 20% casual loading)?

EDIT: Nevermind, my shift tonight was also cancelled :(

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
i agree with that

double time and a half is the max you get (plus casual 20%)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I thought that today was just Sunday rates not public holiday ones. (a note on sign on said this)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Who is with Commonwealth Bank and gets paid Tuesday night? I have a CBA account and Westpac account, the only reason I kept the Westpac account is because I liked getting paid early.
If CBA people get paid Tuesday night too, there is no real need for me to have my Westpac account open.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Obvious no need if you don't have money being banked in there.

Do we get paid normal time?

BSammy

HSC
Who is with Commonwealth Bank and gets paid Tuesday night? I have a CBA account and Westpac account, the only reason I kept the Westpac account is because I liked getting paid early.
If CBA people get paid Tuesday night too, there is no real need for me to have my Westpac account open.

Yeah, My Commbank pay goes in tuesday night. Often around 8:30pm

My WECU pay goes in a bit earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)