The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

britto89

HSC
A fulltime contract should have a "review date" which is essentially a way you can bring up issues with your roster from time to time however with 4 different department managers it could be tricky. I would work out from all the departments what day best suits them to have you working as if your roster is 1 yr old the current arrangement might not be the best fit. If you could get a couple of your department managers onside then a reshuffle would be more likely.

As for the mix of nights and days i feel your pain. I work a tuesday to saturday week and build the promotional displays on a tuesday night (midnight finish) but am back the next morning bright and early at 10.30am

LightRain

HSC
Anyone have any information on a "Home Shop Assistant"? (I think it involves packing and preparing the groceries so they can be delievered to people's homes?)

I've been called for an interview in two days, and was just wondering what type of activities this involves?

What the hourly rate would be for a 17 year old would be?

Yeah, any information on the job would be greatly appreciated. :)

BSammy

HSC
In my old store it involves getting the items off the shelves for the orders.
They generally did it late at night or early morning, with only one or two people throughout the day.

The hours make it worse but the pay is better from midnight til 5am.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
In NSW it would be around $17/hour I think.

Google the SDA agreement.
What the hell? $17? What are you smoking mate? More like $10.70 PPT and $12.xx for casual.
Homeshop involves using a special device called an RF gun, you scan items off the shelf with this as you attend to the customers order.

Can't give you much more information sorry.

LightRain

HSC
$17 would be great :)

But at $10.70, I'm not sure I want the job...

If it is 10.70 how much will it increase when I turn 18?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
$17 would be great :)

But at $10.70, I'm not sure I want the job...

If it is 10.70 how much will it increase when I turn 18?
This is just going by the VIC rates, so it may SLIGHTLY vary.
Remember, part time = sick leave, annual leave, second discount card, permanent shifts, etc. Casuals get none of that but an extra 20% loading in return.

17 - Part Time = $10.68/ph
17 - Casual = $12.79/ph

18 - Part Time = $13.08/ph
18 - Casual = $15.66/ph

LightRain

HSC
Awww I guess that doesn't seem to bad... The benefits with part-time seem pretty good :)
I'm in NSW so hopefully it varies with an increase :p

Thanks for the info by the way :)

I might just push it out till im 18.

wistle

HSC
Hi guys, I have a question. When are you allowed to refuse to serve a customer? As in are you allowed to refuse service if they swear at you?

LightRain

HSC
This is just going by the VIC rates, so it may SLIGHTLY vary.
Remember, part time = sick leave, annual leave, second discount card, permanent shifts, etc. Casuals get none of that but an extra 20% loading in return.

17 - Part Time = $10.68/ph
17 - Casual = $12.79/ph

18 - Part Time = $13.08/ph
18 - Casual = $15.66/ph
This will be lower in the first four months right or?

LightRain

HSC
Sorry for all the questions :p

But would there be a difference in pay between a "Replenishment Team Member" and a "Home Shop Assistant"

spilla2003

HSC

But would there be a difference in pay between a "Replenishment Team Member" and a "Home Shop Assistant"
No. But there may be penalty rates depending on what times you work. In SA if you work between midnight & 5am, you get an extra 30% loading. "Replenishment"/nightfill teams sometimes work past midnight depending on the store's trading hours or how big the load is.

BSammy

HSC
But on the other hand, the home shop assistants in my old store also worked past midnight.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

Minus maybe 50c for probation period. They're the pay grades for all mainstream positions, they don't vary based on role (unless otherwise made known to you)

Hi guys, I have a question. When are you allowed to refuse to serve a customer? As in are you allowed to refuse service if they swear at you?
Yes, I refuse service if they are completely rude and/or swear at me. Might be hard on a register but it works when in the service desk.

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Most mangers/supervisor would agree with you if you refused service
On reasonae grounds I.e they are utterly rude, swear etc.

Most of my supervisors say we should deal with it but if it gets out of hand refuse them n

britto89

HSC
Most mangers/supervisor would agree with you if you refused service
On reasonae grounds I.e they are utterly rude, swear etc.

Most of my supervisors say we should deal with it but if it gets out of hand refuse them n
I agree. Having done supervisor and duty shifts i always work on this basis. If it is a customer being rude, swearing, etc. to a single staff member then i remove that staff member from the situation and would continue serving the customer. if however the customer continues to be rude then i'd refuse service.

working in liquor its funny because its the reverse. you normally have a nice customer and then you refuse service on RSA grounds and then you have just a plain old rude customer.

britto89

HSC
just popped quickly into the coles in our shopping centre and they are just beginning a huge renovation, it even looks like they are expanding into some of the smaller stores adjacent to them in the centre.
the sign out the front showed staged re-openings of the fresh food departments up until june, so it must be pretty big.

there were signs everywhere saying if you can't find an item, and a staff member can't fid it either (during the renovation with everything moving around) they will give you $5 off your shopping - very generous!

anyway, the store was pretty run down and manky, so not much competition for us (they were always much quieter in comparison to us)
will be interesting how (if?) our store steps up its game to compete.
Pressure would be on as a staff member to find the product and not cost the store $5 hey

nanakid12

HSC
Just going back with that refusing service thing, can anyone regardless of their position ask a customer to leave the store? Or just the manager?

I don't generally care if a customers being rude; I just will ignore them and finish their order. At least they're giving the store money. Though the rudeness I put up with is probly nothin compared to you city folk :)

Though the other night (yes one of my boring stories again haha) I was serving a customer at smokeshop. I thought the guy said "hey cunt, longbeach blue" I just stopped to say something, but shrugged it off and went to grab a packet. He's like, "nah mate, a carton" so I'd obviously misheard him.

Haha still cracks me up.

Last edited:

herecomemydrums

HSC
i do a lot of work on the SCO (just looked at the eLearning, laughed at how old it was) and i actually really like it, but i really wish they would change a couple things,
1) make the background of attendant's options/features a different colour (ie, red) to stop people getting confused when theyre supposed to be touching things (the amount of times ive had people asking whats wrong with the machines when its asking for the quantity (not a log-in) is just stupid, and people that try and use the POS when im not done with it is even more annoying.) and surely thats not a hard thing to code in with the next update

2) dunno about other stores, but we regularly have machines that will stop accepting or dispensing cash, so a "Disable Cash Payment" button would be great (greys out cash option and debit+cash out option, and doesnt open coin and note acceptors) because people decide to take the CARD ONLY sign off and put cash in even when theyve been told its card only and they complain when it doesnt give them change and it just wastes everyones time and distracts attendants for way too long.

3) cash out. when people choose other amount, they always expect that the amount they type in to come out in cash, seems silly that it interprets it as the total amount, so maybe optional buttons "add to total amount" and "remainder of total amount" (i dunno about the 2nd one) but needs to be clearer...

im sure theres others ive thought of but thats all i can remember now, what do you guys think?
worthy updates, or are my customers just stupid (i wouldnt be surprised if thats the case haha)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)