The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

quick90

HSC
So ever since the last DM meeting a few department managers seem to be using the phrase "The company comes before the employees" Sounds like a great way to boost staff morale...:cool2:

nanakid12

HSC
Gee that is intense. "What are you getting? $5.50 an hour" LOL that's more than she would make in a year so I doubt she can say anything rofl.
Haha yeah, teh stupid slurry.

So ever since the last DM meeting a few department managers seem to be using the phrase "The company comes before the employees" Sounds like a great way to boost staff morale...:cool2:
Whaaaaaaat?!?! Yea that's going to make people who already hate their job so much better. How long has it been like that?

Also sorry about my thousands of questions lately, but does anyone know if the company has a policy on photography in-store? There's this really weird guy that shops at our store, and tonight he was taking photos of random shit - magazine racks, drink fridges, however I did notice he took some photos of afew security cameras... and me and another operator who were chatting at the service desk. I was going to speak to my store manager about it tomorrow, but anyone on here have ideas in the meantime? He wasn't like a bogan, just this quiet, weird sort of guy.

Also I'm going to be learning how to do produce soon... after 3 and a half years of service, I am finally going to learn something new. Slightly excited :)

BSammy

HSC

Yeah, fuck that.

the way to go

HSC
absolutely no photography in stores. ask them to stop or leave. (that's what I'm told anyway)

yeah we often get people inching their way behind counters, usually it's to pack bags into trolleys and crap, but I absolutely hate it, makes me feel really uneasy, especially when I'm counting a register and someone's serving on the joining register :S

anyone know what the storeline (?) POS update on wednesday night covered?

nanakid12

HSC
Okay cheers :) if he comes shopping tonight, I'll ask him about it. I get a feeling he's going to go ape shit though, he went off at one of the operators one night cause they asked to check his bag. I'll confirm with the SM but I'll tell him in future to stop :)

And I'm pretty sure that customers are not allowed behind the checkouts. Little kids come in all the time and I tell them to get out. Well, more politely obviously haha :) one guy's credit card went down into the register when the belt was turning, and he came in behind trying to get it, and the Manager told him he couldn't be behind there. So I thought that was also another security measure??? :3 and no idea about storeline sorry

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah any photography must be explicitly approved by Woolworths head office before doing so (e.g. news crews etc)

Last edited:

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Urgh yes that is so annoying! Quite frankly, I love it how I'm searching for Fruit/Veg on the screen and they try to scan it, and it won't work, and I'll receive a snarly look from the customer.

I've been working as an operator so much more often lately and have forgotten how difficult some people can be. Some lady scoffed at me because I didn't put her toilet paper in a bag. HULLO, YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS EVER WANTED TOILET PAPER IN A BAG.

Or some guy who wants "everything double bagged, with big bags, and not packed too heavy." Why? What a waste of plastic.

Or the woman who reckon's she paid for three hot chickens when a machine was broken, and who didn't even leave her name or phone number or any type of details about herself. She ended up getting three hot chickens for free!!

Or the woman who left her cigarettes on one of the registers, and blames one of the other operators for not giving them to her. "I had to drive half an hour back here just to get my cigarettes! They should have been put in my trolley, it's all your fault, I'm never shopping here EVER AGAIN!" Guess who comes in three days later.

Or those who expect to get E&L stickers on their cigarettes. NO. Or those who expect scanning policies on cigarettes. NO. Or those who expect me to sell them a SIM card without I.D. NO. Or those who whinge about how expensive everything we sell is compared to Aldi.

!!!!!!!!
lol so true! so glad I don't have to deal with that service craziness anymore!

I can't imagine you'll see sushi bars in too many stores. I expect they will only be at stores with a very specific demographic.
yes true, they are doing very well in the stores and Thomas Dux's that have them though.

nanakid12

HSC
lol so true! so glad I don't have to deal with that service craziness anymore!
We also had a fire drill the other night, SM made the PA for all customers and staff to evacuate the store, some bogan lady come up to the smokeshop, "here gimme some smokes before ya evacuate!" Urgh. So glad my CSM was there to deal with her.

I hate people like that. I got stroppy at one of my operators who let the same bogan lady into the shop one other night (after we closed) for a packet of smokes. If it was milk or bread- fine. But smokes? No.

Last edited:

quick90

HSC
Whaaaaaaat?!?! Yea that's going to make people who already hate their job so much better. How long has it been like that?
Since the managers meeting last wednesday. Now when I ask when I'll get my TOIL days that I'm owed, I'm answered with "when it suits the company, not you" in a patronising tone...

BSammy

HSC
I'm sure there's a clause in the agreement where if they don't happen within a certain timeframe you're to just be paid it.

Remind them of that if you can find it. If it helps.

quick90

HSC
I believe it is 28 days? Which is this coming Monday. So I'll be asking for it to be paid next week.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

quick90

HSC
Click and collect suggests being able to order online but pick up in store
We already have that option when ordering online at our store. Started a few months back.

It's a really good way to shop! you don't have to pay for delivery, & you don't have to wait around for it to arrive.
you simply choose a time that suits you, & pick it up in-store.

the way to go

HSC
woolworthsonline.com.au has always been the site for shopping online, but yeah theyve both had a refresh

click and collect also includes trucks that park at woolies petrol stations on major roads (in sydney at least) so you can stop by and pick your groceries up on your way home :D

john-91

HSC
I heard it could be done online?
I work for woolworths in WA, I got my RSA online and yeah no dramas. Can't remember which website it was, I paid like 75 bucks and did a 3 hour online course, printed the cert out, took it to work with me and then that was it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)