The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

BSammy

HSC
if it's similar to us, they don't have to. but if a last night count is quite out, they might redo it to check.

cuteyazn

HSC
Hi, I wanted to ask if a woolies worker is shopping with their friend and uses their own discount card for their friend's transaction, is it allowed, caused I saw some people do it while I was working in the checkouts

cuteyazn

HSC
So, in other words, as long as I am with my friend, I can use my discount card even though I am not the one paying for it

But then when I was working at the checkout, my supervisor said that it is not allowed, so I was just wondering as to who is right and who is wrong, as woolies doesn't seem to have a very clear explanation relating to such matters

Thanks for your help anyway

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Your supervisor is wrong. It is allowed.
They even mentioned this in my induction many years ago. You can use the card as long as YOU are present.

nanakid12

HSC
iMathew, I was going to push the Chime button tonight, but the big red alarm button is right next to it (both the buttons are on the same panelly-switch thing, so they sorta looked alarm-related) Are you sure it has NOTHING to do with the alarm? I wasn't game to press it unless made that fire alarm noise go off "whoop whoop whoop". I looked at all the volume controllers, we even went up to the comms room, but I could not find a second switch.

We haven't had our refurb yet, so I presume ours still works.

What was the point of it anyway?

Also, regarding staff discounts, most people don't even care who is present or not to use it.

Last edited:

Fireworkss

HSC
Did you guys receive a call from your manager about your first shift? I had my induction a few days ago and haven't heard back from them yet, nor have I been added to the online roster.

nanakid12

HSC
That doesn't even sound like a Chime... our frontend button still works :) and luckily, no security haha. What's it's purpose though?

I would probably ring/go in and see your manager and just politely ask if you need anymore training to do. They might set you a date for your first shift then and there. Although I would say they would have to arrange it soon anyway.

After today, I have developed a new hatred for the Britex and Rug Doctor machines. CSM was pissed at everyone because he thought one of them had been stolen; I accidentally returned them too early so we had no record of who had it lol, 'twas a very tense situation thereafter. Some lady then brought it back two hours later.... we all laugh at it now hahaha.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Back in the day, we used to use the chime button each morning to alert the store staff that the store was open for trading.

I don't know if that was the intended use of it and I don't think it is used anymore for that purpose or any purpose.

the way to go

HSC
we use our chime button as the alert for service 0
and i dunno how yours sounds but ours goes "ding ding ding" if that makes any sense at all...

speaking of service calls, can we make a list of all of them, dunno how many there are but i only know 3...

0: pick up shit on the floor around you/cleanup
60: hurry up and take your garbage to the back dock cause the rolladoor is open and i wanna go home now.
200: product withdrawal

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
we use our chime button as the alert for service 0
and i dunno how yours sounds but ours goes "ding ding ding" if that makes any sense at all...

speaking of service calls, can we make a list of all of them, dunno how many there are but i only know 3...

0: pick up shit on the floor around you/cleanup
60: hurry up and take your garbage to the back dock cause the rolladoor is open and i wanna go home now.
200: product withdrawal
:\ It shouldn't change between states but here service 60 means a spill/cleanup and service 80 means take the rubbish out.
Floor checks are also Service 8.

nanakid12

HSC
Oh ok. Cheers :) I'll find a use for it no doubt haha :p Our chime button is more of a DING, but is only one sound, and its sorta sounds like part of the fire alarm? It didn't sound anything like a chime. Just this mono-tonal sound, similar to the start of the fire alarm. It went for like half a second.

This is ours:
Service 10: Supervisor Required
Service 20: Customer Service Required
Service 30: Telephone call
Service 40: Price check
Service 50: First Aid
Service 60: Spill/Cleanup
Service 70: I forget, we've never used it
Service 80: Bins
Service 90: Important telephone call for Store Manager
Service 100: SECURITY!
Service 200: Product withdrawal/recall

Service/Priority 1: URGENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ERMEGERD!
D ZERO: Destination Zero, same as Service 0. "All staff, D ZERO!"

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Our Service Calls:

Service 15 - Visitor
Service 16 - Maintenance Visitor
Service 30 - Phone Call
Service 40 - Price Check
Service 60 - Spill/Cleanup
Service 80 - Bins
Service 88 - "Spot the Grape" - Produce Department
Service 100 - Urgent Assistance
Service 200 - Product Withdrawal

Thats what we use anyway :)

britto89

HSC
Oh ok. Cheers :) I'll find a use for it no doubt haha :p Our chime button is more of a DING, but is only one sound, and its sorta sounds like part of the fire alarm? It didn't sound anything like a chime. Just this mono-tonal sound, similar to the start of the fire alarm. It went for like half a second.

This is ours:
Service 10: Supervisor Required
Service 20: Customer Service Required
Service 30: Telephone call
Service 40: Price check
Service 50: First Aid
Service 60: Spill/Cleanup
Service 70: I forget, we've never used it
Service 80: Bins
Service 90: Important telephone call for Store Manager
Service 100: SECURITY!
Service 200: Product withdrawal/recall

Service/Priority 1: URGENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ERMEGERD!
D ZERO: Destination Zero, same as Service 0. "All staff, D ZERO!"
It would be handy if everyone knew Service 70 as letting staff know of an impending evacuation before customers know could be handy. eg: All staff please prepare for a Service 70. As for Service 200 one of the stores i've worked at also adds in the recall/withdrawal number to the end, eg: Duty Manager Service 200, Reference xxxx.

the way to go

HSC
iMatt, you're right, its 80 here too wasnt thinking while typing haha 6/8 similar enough :p

really would be nice if this stuff was actually part of training, I have no idea how they expect everyone to know these, honestly didn't think there were so many...

Fireworkss

HSC
Hey Guys, When should I expect to be added to the roster for regular shifts? I had my first shift a few days ago but that was because my manager called me. She said that she will contact me for my next shift... This makes me question what the point of the roster is. I looked on all three rosters available on allyours and I haven't been added yet.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
And you won't be added to that for a while, it takes a while for you to kick in to the rosters.
Relax, you only just joined the company. Normally its 1-2 weeks before you start getting rostered shifts.

sb26

HSC
What are people's store trading hours?

Ours at the moment are 07-24 every night (in ACT). But I have heard that come daylight savings or something (?) we'll start closing at 10pm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)