The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

nanakid12

HSC
Hahah soooooo funny.

Our store was built the year before they started introducing self serve so yeah we are probably dead last to get it :(

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Hahah soooooo funny.

Our store was built the year before they started introducing self serve so yeah we are probably dead last to get it :(
I think it's just a modern convenience that customers would simply expect. Woolworths should get on it ASAP!

nanakid12

HSC
A lot of customers walk up to our express lanes and go "oh. I was looking for the self serve"

It's kind of annoying to be honest, I think we are the only store in our area that doesn't have it.

We still have the old Woolies logo for our storefront and on the front doors and stuff, but we have nicer looking floors/signs/etc than those green-triangular looking stores :) so hopefully we get a refurb soon!

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Like Ninja, I'm a long time lurker.

I'm another one of those new supervisors that have been thrown in the deep end (with close to almost no training). I'm hoping you guys can help me understand the whole tender swap dealio. I have a few random scenarios:

1. A customers groceries total to $16.95 and the customer wishes to pay just the total w/ EFT - no cash out. The cashier has pressed $50 cash button instead (for whatever reason).

2. A customers groceries total to $16.90 and the customer wishes to pay w/ EFT along with $50 cash out. The cashier presses the $50 cash button instead (for whatever reason).

How would I go about fixing up these? Situations similar to these have occurred recently and because I'm shit scared of throwing the till out of balance I go and ask another supervisor to help them.
Do you have any interesting stories you could possibly tell us?

And no, I am not an employee of Woolworths or affiliated with Woolworths in any way

nanakid12

HSC
Yeah I do.

And I agree. I hate mains, my back, neck and shoulders get very sore when I am serving on mains for extended periods.

EDIT: I just found one of the old "My Family" shirts that we had to wear years ago, remember that failure of an advertising campaign? [emoji23]

Last edited:

Katebrunner

HSC
We had a drunk customer in the store last night making a scene and knocking a display over. We had to get mall security to take him out. So scary! [emoji41] [emoji42]

bernie14

HSC
We had a drunk customer in the store last night making a scene and knocking a display over. We had to get mall security to take him out. So scary! [emoji41] [emoji42]

Lol, we had some drunk (or just crazy) chicks come in last night and steal some stuff, as they walked out they started shouting and yelling at us saying that we couldn't do anything to stop them, which was true.

Had a moment today that restores your faith in mankind. A couple of months ago, an old-ish man came to the front desk to buy a lighter. When he went to pay, he discovered he had left his wallet at home. He looked very dejected, so being the nice chap I am, I pulled my own wallet out and paid the $1.85 for him. It nearly reduced him to tears, and he thanked me profusely.

Today, he came in again, walked up to me and put $2 in my hand. At first I didn't know who he was and what he was doing, but he said something like "this is for you, I hadn't forgotten" and I instantly remembered. Tried to give it back but he wouldn't have a bar of it. Good guy, made me happy.

nanakid12

HSC
There are some customers who are absolutely awesome.

A few of ours:
* one of the checkout girls was pregnant and even after she started her maternity leave there were people asking all the time about whether she has had the baby yet, and giving well wishes. I thought that was awesome!
* Customers who bring in pieces of cake/slice to service manager because he was exceptionally helpful and nice.
* Cafe owner in the same center as us bringing a coffee over to for 2ic when she was nice.

Our service manager and 2ic really are awesome with people though, they give out the leftover shit from the magazines to kids and stuff, and find bargains for people, meeting everyone etc. This may be a perk of living in a small town though where everyone knows everyone :)

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
There are some customers who are absolutely awesome.

A few of ours:
* one of the checkout girls was pregnant and even after she started her maternity leave there were people asking all the time about whether she has had the baby yet, and giving well wishes. I thought that was awesome!
* Customers who bring in pieces of cake/slice to service manager because he was exceptionally helpful and nice.
* Cafe owner in the same center as us bringing a coffee over to for 2ic when she was nice.

Our service manager and 2ic really are awesome with people though, they give out the leftover shit from the magazines to kids and stuff, and find bargains for people, meeting everyone etc. This may be a perk of living in a small town though where everyone knows everyone :)
How is the competition up where you are alongside the other big stores?

nanakid12

HSC
We only have one other independent supermarket where we are and I don't think it's doing the best to be honest...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)