The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Haha nice stories peeps. Absolutely cannot wait to hear more.

Brad727

HSC
Sir, are you collecting Woolworth's stories for HSC English creative writing?
'My adventures in Woolworth's and the rainbow house'.
Wow

Brad727

HSC
Any1 got tips on applying for xmas casual jobs?
Broaden your horizons, be prepared to apply for store's within a 17km or so radius if applications to close stores are unsuccessful, getting your foot in the door is the most important thing, you can always transfer if the opportunity arises.
Answer the application questions carefully, don't rush.

bernie14

HSC
Broaden your horizons, be prepared to apply for store's within a 17km or so radius if applications to close stores are unsuccessful, getting your foot in the door is the most important thing, you can always transfer if the opportunity arises.
Answer the application questions carefully, don't rush.
I got a job at the Woolies 3.5km down the road from me. So thankful!

bernie14

HSC
What does SUP-PT-VIC-SAVED-2-30 MIN Break mean on the roster? Obviously get the 30 minute break x 2 bit, but the other?

Brad727

HSC
I got a job at the Woolies 3.5km down the road from me. So thankful!
Very good, I dream of being able to wake up an hour before a shift.
On Thursday I was asked to start at 6am to work in longlife, had to wake up at 0350 with around 1.5 hours sleep, got to work around 0540 and lived off coffee for the entire day. Thankfully was only on till 1300.

BSammy

HSC
What does SUP-PT-VIC-SAVED-2-30 MIN Break mean on the roster? Obviously get the 30 minute break x 2 bit, but the other?
SUP - you work in the supermarkets division
PT - you are part time

the next bit is a little tricky

Most recent workers will have SUN100 or SUN75 as the next part of their code depending on what state they are in (and what loadings they get after 9pm on a Sunday), which means they started work in the last 3 years and the current agreement applies to them

Some states have various saving provisions if they started under a previous EBA agreement.
VIC SAVED 2 - means you get some of these savings provisions, I think it's the one that means when on annual leave you get your normal shift loading (sunday rate) in addition to the 17.5% leave loading.

30 MIN Break means the break for that shift.

Any time you have a break of a different length to the default, or you work a split shift, or have a public holiday off or one of many other exceptions the SSO has to find your specific conditions in a big list and it can be a real pain sometimes. :D

bernie14

HSC
Very good, I dream of being able to wake up an hour before a shift.
On Thursday I was asked to start at 6am to work in longlife, had to wake up at 0350 with around 1.5 hours sleep, got to work around 0540 and lived off coffee for the entire day. Thankfully was only on till 1300.
Unfortunately for me I'm a bit of a worrier, always stressing that I'll sleep-in over my alarm (even though I've never done it before), so I am always up a couple of hours prior to my shift if it's an early one.

Tonight is going to be a struggle. Working overnight 12:15 - 7:15, had five hours sleep after working 9 hours yesterday, and won't be getting a chance to have a nap.

Brad727

HSC
Guts on your roster what does it mean when it's like:
11:30A-3P
3:30P-6P
3P-3:30P?
Also on Monday I did someones shift which was 1100-1900 but on the adjustment sheet when I signed; it said 1100-2100? lol I left at 7pm though, didn't bother clocking on/off because I arrived to work at 11am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)