Theatre Thread! (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
I know, thats why i'm trying to get someone to run it, cos i didn't realise i would need it then and was gonna wait till after my hsc

six demon bag

HSC
Ahhh Phantom... I saw the production at the Lyric theatre last year and it was fantastic! I've seen RHPS and Chicago Star City productions since then and they're both wonderful. They always but so much into costumes, set design, everything haha. rich bastards!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I saw RHPS show there too. Front row tickets. Never got around to seeing Chicago though.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Kinda thought Phantom was a little overrated.

Not much of a fan of musicals though. And having seen it before, I was waiting for the hectic chandelier falling, but the night that we saw it, it just kinda dangled down really slowly. The curtains closed before it had even hit the ground. Major fuck up, i think.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Second time I saw Priscilla, the mirror cover in lightbulbs got caught in the curtain and smashed on the stage. They had to restart the show.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I believe Avenue Q has now opened in Sydney. Anyone seen it yet? Or going to see it?

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Saw it in New York with the fam (we were GIVEN tickets. by a do-gooding stranger. a little creepy, but made our holiday) and it was amazingly funny.

jaimebien

HSC
six demon bag, I'm a subscriber at STC and earlier this year, they emailed all youth subscribers about the Youth Advisory Panel initiative. I applied and I got it! :) If you're interested, the application asked about my opinions about STC, what I would like changed, and also any previous (creative) experience I had that might make me worthwhile to have on the team.

jaimebien

HSC
To any theatre buffs on BOS, I have a free ticket to another STC YAP event happening tomorrow night (7pm, Monday, 17 August): Once and for all we're gonna tell you who we are so shut up and listen | Facebook. Check the details and if you're free to come along and have fun with the rest of the yappies, PM me with your mobile number and I'll call you right back.

That said, I do only have one spare ticket, but if you're still interested in coming, you can buy your ticket here: Once and for all.... It's specially discounted at $20 with no transaction fees (which always annoy me since they might be as much as a quarter of the ticket cost itself) since this is a YAP event. There'll be an FBi DJ, free food and drinks after and a chance to meet the actors just to vent/rave about the play afterwards.

Plus, I would love to meet all the other theatre buffs on BOS!

Last edited:

johony

HSC
seeing 'under ice' at griffin tonight. will report back.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Wollongong Uni will be putting on Angels in America up at PACT in late October. If you get the chance, go. It's going to be epic.

johony

HSC
Wollongong Uni will be putting on Angels in America up at PACT in late October. If you get the chance, go. It's going to be epic.
because you're in it?

btw, under ice was very good. comedy at its confusing darkest.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I won't be in it, though I may be doing technical stuff for it. But regardless, the directors are great visionaries, and its going to be some amazing stuff they create.

jaimebien

HSC
Angels in America! That sounds great! I watched the mini-series that came out a while ago and loved it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I missed the miniseries when it was on, though I've heard really good things about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)