Thoughts - How did you all find the exam? (2 Viewers)

$a®e

HSC
Valeroso said:
For the FIRST TIME, I read the Rubric! And it said "Relate to your Case Studies where relevant", so I just mentioned my Case Study for the Ecosystems one.
for that essay i made mention to 2 case studies? is that a good thing or ok thing to have done? cause i felt they demonstrated two sides to how the ecosystem could go.. like show resilience and the other not...is that ok? :rolleyes:

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
$a®e said:
for that essay i made mention to 2 case studies? is that a good thing or ok thing to have done? cause i felt they demonstrated two sides to how the ecosystem could go.. like show resilience and the other not...is that ok? :rolleyes:
the question said "ecosystems" so it was expected u would mention more than 1.

Character of a world city i mentioned:
i) House HQ's of TNCs and MNCs
ii) Financial centres
iii) transportation nodes
iv) telecommunication nodes
v) cultural centres.

Please answer my new geography poll:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=88657
:D

Last edited:

wwjd_frog14

HSC
alrite my rundown

really confident with my schkills (that was for tigs 2005 geog students!) lol i thought the multiple choice were really good

short answer - werent 2 bad...i think i did fairly good in those 2

1st easy question ecosystems - we predicted management strategies but were wrong! lol...but it pretty confident 4 that...i got both my case studies in so i had examples 2 back up my theory n show my understanding.

2nd essay question dominance n dependence - i knew it was either this, regional centres/small towns, or urban dynamics so i kinda studied it abit...i brought in a lil bit from mega cities and wrote a paragraph or 2 on regional centres/decline of small town etc...my teacher said that bcoz it said global or urban centres that really u could bring in nething...i only wrote 4-5 pages 4 that, but i wrote a fair amount like info wise not crap...

3rd essay q economic activity - the question completely threw me...but i guess coz we all do different activities and have different examples the answers willl vary heaps newayz...in the end i just tried 2 put in everything i knew whether it related directly or not! lol...

overall - it was ok....essays threw me bcoz none of them were wat i expected! lol but u get that

im hoping for 80...that would b nice...

oh and 4 multiple choice check the other thread 2, (not the poll 1 the other 1) bcoz theres a big discussion bout them there :)

wwjd_frog14

HSC
oh i 4got 2 mention...i always put in case studies n examples...it shows u understand the theory, and also coz it said in the rubric 4 all the the essays 2 have examples/case studies...in ecosystems i put both my case studies in,....i guess they were fairly extensive 2...

$a®e

HSC
wwjd_frog14...i went to tigs bak in the day i lived in the gong...hehe:p old skewln it now

sovietski

HSC
i fucked up the ecosystem essay so much reflecting on it.

i only made a half paragraph mention to one ecosystem, the amazon rainforest - because i didnt think the question was searching for it.

for fucks sake, i knew so comprehensively about my ecosystems. but i kept reading it and saying "wait, theyre not asking for that"

i would write a paragraph and say, i need an example but still kept on going.

i so fucking incredibly pissed off. i probably dropped 8-10 marks just for that.

allye02

MC i thought was hard- am sure i got the last 2 wrong
Short answer were pretty basic and focused alot on E @ R
Extended Responses- The questions were SO random!
Economic enterprise- did that relate to ecological dimensions. I wrote about that as it was all i knew. lol
Dominance and dependance was so unexpected and ecosystems i wrote about rubbish. Couldn't remember what it included.

So glad its over!!!

doraemon

HSC
there was no need to talk about your specific ecosystem

that means we wasted all that time studying 2 ecosystems in detail.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
OMG...I didnt know which way to turn. Heres how it went...
In class we had looked at extended responses from 2001-2004. There was a pattern in them. Easily noticable in the Urban topic. 2001 was concentrated on Christchurch (which was in the braodsheet), 2002 was World Cities, 2003 Mega Cities, 2004 was something about urban dynamics in a city you studied (so in my case we would have been writing about Pyrmont/Ultimo), and so this year was to be World Cities...but the dominance and dependence?? That was just horrible, even my teacher said it was ridiculous. I really wish it was on Mega Cities, I could have written soooo much on that.
The ecosystems essay, I thought was quite alright. I promise you all its the best ecosystems essay I have ever written in my life! lol. And as far as the Economic activity one...well I think I really screwed that up!
The multi choice was ok...that 2nd question though really sucked, Ive never been good with ratios ever. The 3rd one also sucked lol. The one about environmental decline, the answer is A, my teacher logically pointed that out and I felt like a dumbshit (I put some other answer...).
Short answer...well they were ok too I spose. What did you all write about the guy who was going to use the raincharts to determine how much water the golf course needed??
Thank God thats over. I can put that stuff in the 'To Burn' pile!!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
LiL_JeN_JeN said:
OMG...I didnt know which way to turn. Heres how it went...
In class we had looked at extended responses from 2001-2004. There was a pattern in them. Easily noticable in the Urban topic. 2001 was concentrated on Christchurch (which was in the braodsheet), 2002 was World Cities, 2003 Mega Cities, 2004 was something about urban dynamics in a city you studied (so in my case we would have been writing about Pyrmont/Ultimo), and so this year was to be World Cities...but the dominance and dependence?? That was just horrible, even my teacher said it was ridiculous. I really wish it was on Mega Cities, I could have written soooo much on that.
The ecosystems essay, I thought was quite alright. I promise you all its the best ecosystems essay I have ever written in my life! lol. And as far as the Economic activity one...well I think I really screwed that up!
The multi choice was ok...that 2nd question though really sucked, Ive never been good with ratios ever. The 3rd one also sucked lol. The one about environmental decline, the answer is A, my teacher logically pointed that out and I felt like a dumbshit (I put some other answer...).
Short answer...well they were ok too I spose. What did you all write about the guy who was going to use the raincharts to determine how much water the golf course needed??
Thank God thats over. I can put that stuff in the 'To Burn' pile!!
Thas exactly what i thought
looked at the patterns for urban places....had to be world cities
as for people and economic activity....since they asked economic activity for the past 2 years i kinda knew they would ask economic enterprise

Aeolus

HSC
Syllabus

Ok in my opinion the exam was fair (except for those skills!). I never really looked at the syllabus in the past but yesterday that's all i focused on and wrote the years they assessed every dotpoint. In ecosystems vulnerability/resilience was one of them, in the world cities it was dominance and dependance and in eco activity, well it wouldnt have been impacts of the activity or the spatial distributions so i assumed a case study.

I think the essays were great but thats because i expected them. The syllabus really is too broad for a 3 hour exam and so it really means we all have to study so much or just be naturally good.

Anyway we shouldn't speculate just need to focus on the next 3 weeks so we don't f@ck those up too lol

Good luck everyone :)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
wwjd_frog14 said:
alrite my rundown

really confident with my schkills (that was for tigs 2005 geog students!) lol i thought the multiple choice were really good

short answer - werent 2 bad...i think i did fairly good in those 2

1st easy question ecosystems - we predicted management strategies but were wrong! lol...but it pretty confident 4 that...i got both my case studies in so i had examples 2 back up my theory n show my understanding.

2nd essay question dominance n dependence - i knew it was either this, regional centres/small towns, or urban dynamics so i kinda studied it abit...i brought in a lil bit from mega cities and wrote a paragraph or 2 on regional centres/decline of small town etc...my teacher said that bcoz it said global or urban centres that really u could bring in nething...i only wrote 4-5 pages 4 that, but i wrote a fair amount like info wise not crap...

3rd essay q economic activity - the question completely threw me...but i guess coz we all do different activities and have different examples the answers willl vary heaps newayz...in the end i just tried 2 put in everything i knew whether it related directly or not! lol...

overall - it was ok....essays threw me bcoz none of them were wat i expected! lol but u get that

im hoping for 80...that would b nice...

oh and 4 multiple choice check the other thread 2, (not the poll 1 the other 1) bcoz theres a big discussion bout them there :)
bahahahahha x 100000.....TIGS????!!!!
SMITHS HILL ALL THE WAY BABBYYYY!
haha

i think i did really well.....my dads a marker, and we went over the questions tonight....

MC 14/15 (damn you q4!!!!)

short response.....i think i did well. the stuff i wrote was good. what did you guys all say was an impact of the change in German industry in the ternary graph? i just bullshitted about decline in quaternary industry=economic instability and some crap about increase in manufacturing. That one was the hardest tho.

Essays I was bloody happy with. Dad and me predicted all the essays, and on Sunday i had written 3 pracice essays: vuln and res, global linkages of WC and global impacts on LEE. So i was pretty set. Only thing dad said is in the vuln res question, we should have talked about elasticity, malleability etc. of ecosystems....which i did NOT do.....but i spose i did well!

SMITHS HILL ALL THE WAY!!!
BOOOO TIGS (PS do you know darby?)

HSC
N/A
the ecosystems one kinda - argh; the one thing i managed not to study, because i thought it was "too easy a question"

i liked the people and eco. activity one
urban was okay

erm .. yes
i wrote - almost a full book for each one - but gosh, it was irritating because i didnt have enought sturdy crap

it's over now
i just hope that next year's students dont have to do it to the sound of squaks from the birds!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i hope the students dont have to do it with the sound of construction and drills

Valeroso

HSC
$a®e said:
You'll be fine! The more info the merrier! :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
jus make sure u didint rave on about bs

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
i just hope that next year's students dont have to do it to the sound of squaks from the birds!
those birds were so annoying! and we dont even go to the same school.

We also had yr 11ers yelling as they walked past our exam room...but our supervisor got our there and started stripping shreads off them...lol.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
i think the geo exam was alrite for skills.....

but the essays questions were really fucked because it was impossible to write the normal length.

So how did everyone interpret "human impacts influencing nature of the ecosystem"

my teacher said it isn't ecological dimensions,
but how the human impacts from "external forces" such as the demand of guest, the changing tourism industry and how they affect the economic enterprise.
eg. because people are taking shorter holidays and visiting relatives, Quay West Hotel has had to market to business customers.

did anyone approach the essay in a different angle?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)