Thoughts on Frankenstein/Bladerunner (1 Viewer)

Iguana

HSC
What are your thoughts on Frankenstein and Bladerunner?
I'm past halfway in the book and personally at the beginning i found it heaps sad and melodramatic.
and in all honestly, before i read the book, i thought Frankenstein was the name of the creature that was created.
I like it though. Frankenstein is like a misunderstood creature.
as for Bladerunner i haven't watched it yet.. haha
but yeah what are your thoughts?

shaon0

HSC
Iguana said:
What are your thoughts on Frankenstein and Bladerunner?
I'm past halfway in the book and personally at the beginning i found it heaps sad and melodramatic.
and in all honestly, before i read the book, i thought Frankenstein was the name of the creature that was created.
I like it though. Frankenstein is like a misunderstood creature.
as for Bladerunner i haven't watched it yet.. haha
but yeah what are your thoughts?
I'm pretty excited about Bladerunner and Frankenstein as they're both sci-fi fiction kind of fantasy novels.
I'll hopefully ace those sections. :)

dinopoke

HSC
I have a feeling that there's going to be a mixed response for the two texts. Out of the two, I've seen only Blade Runner at the moment. It was slow and a bit dull at times but overall I enjoyed it for it's themes and setting. My friend has started Frankenstein and he says the beginning is really boring. :/

ratcher0071

HSC
Bladerunner was an alright movie, not the best.
Frankenstein is really, REALLY boring in the beginning :sleep:

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
frankenstein - boring, have to manage to keep awake through reading it. but after i finished it i realised its not that bad, has a good setting and context, just a tedious book thats all.

bladerunner - veiwed it twice extreamily confused but kinda got it.
hopefully when we begin to study it in class it will be okay and more interesting.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Frankenstein was a great book. Bladerunner was like meh....sorta boring. :p

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
I'm pretty excited about Bladerunner and Frankenstein as they're both sci-fi fiction kind of fantasy novels.
I'll hopefully ace those sections. :)
If you sincerely believe either Frankenstein or Bladerunner is a fantasy novel (/text) then you may as well classify Harry Potter as dystopian (because y'know there are Death Eaters!!).

Just being helpful ie don't say 'fantasy' but rather Gothic sublime or film noir when describing the genre/s.

H4rdc0r3

HSC
Blade Runner is complete crap. Don't give me the shit about how its got meaning. mary poppins has got more meaning than this shit. Its just about this wacko white kid who goes on a killing rampage. Its fkn slow, it just drags on and on and every action is extended for another 5 minutes.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Wait...wacko white kid? Who the fuck is that? :p

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Haven't actually started this module yet but I'm looking forward to it.
I've read Frankenstein a few times, Mary Shelley's original and an adaptation too. It's one of my favourite books. I love Shelley's style. So yeah, I'm guessing the unit will be pretty good.
Haven't seen Bladerunner though. I've read a few reviews and stuff and it doesn't seem too bad though.

However, kind of disappointed that I can't use Frankenstein as a related text for Belonging because it would've been heaps good.

Harley Chan

HSC
We're studying Blade Runner and Frankenstein as our two text types. Does anyone have any notes comparing the two texts to each other, in terms of their themes, character development etc

i have an exam next Wednesday, so any notes are appreciated greatly :)

imoO

HSC
Blade-runner is boring...partially due to the fact that I've already seen it like 50 times when we used to bludge too much in year 10 english..

Only highlight was before we start watching it, my friends like "isn't that the movie with the Jamaicans and the bobsled" ROFL!!! He got Cool Runnings confused with Blade-Runner...haha

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
imoO said:
Only highlight was before we start watching it, my friends like "isn't that the movie with the Jamaicans and the bobsled" ROFL!!! He got Cool Runnings confused with Blade-Runner...haha
erm no.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
"Is this testing whether I'm a Replicant or a lesbian, Mr. Deckard?"

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I watched Blade Runner the director's cut today.
My verdict?
If I had payed more than the $10 I spent buying this DVD I would have been deeply upset. I get the general idea of it, I just didn't like it. It was, shall we say, boring. I understand why it's a good text to compare with Frankenstein but it's just so terribly boring.

Mone

HSC
I just watched Blade Runner 30 mins ago and i thought it was pretty good. Well, i'm just too glad that it is an action movie. I will say that everything seems so much easier to understand after reading about stuff in wikipedia.
Frankenstain is HELL. I usually am a hyperfast reader but i had been trying to finish the book for a week already. Still struggling. Still think that the monster is annoying and it just piss me off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)