Thoughts on Paper 1 of the CSSA Trial Exam (1 Viewer)

RozBoz1

HSC
i thought it was fine... even heritage house was ok cos it was just a journey in time back those days??
and the first question a) or whatever i just said was the journey the people made during the gold rushes over the land or whatever words they used... i think some people were trying to think too much into it...

becxoxo

HSC
yeah i thought paper 1 was ok..
i too didnt get the heritage house
question too.
not looking forward to religion
2moro..oh and biology. :confused:
lol.

cHoWiiE!

HSC
sophy2008 said:
i thinkEVERYONE prepared a story cept me! :(
devvooo
YOUR WRONGGG.... i winged it on the spot ...the last section i did ...i had about a solid 50 minutes to do it...hopefully a female teacher is marking it....i'm hoping the good old immigrant story hits the spot haha...

raea23

HSC
OMFG! I so didnt get that heritage house was a brothel! but now looking back on it.. it sooo defo is! btw where was the ''journey'' in that story!?!? dont you think they could have found something actually resembling a real journey? So glad english is over!

cHoWiiE!

HSC
i thought section III was the best!...wrote 12 pages :D.. the most i've ever written...

i had a generic essay prepared with heaps of quotations and that..and jus adapted..so it was sweet

i hated section I... that was pointless..max-5 i rekon :S...

section II i winged..and im hoping for 11-13 :S

miche11e

HSC
i cant write fast so i only ever get like 3 pages in 40 minutes if i have to think about it... i didnt finish the essay - i did like a page long paragraph and another shorter paragraph and time was up.... i really need to work on that

Zippora

HSC
madd-eh? said:
haha and heritage house soo was whore house.
so im not crazy?
the only thing is that while everyone laughs at it as a possibility in retrospect, i actually wrote it down and my teacher is going to read it haha. oh well at least it didnt count for me.

jarmie

HSC
Heritage House being included was extremely dodgy, but I got what they were trying to say about journeys. It was supposed to be a journey through time with the old woman greeting the narrator in the same way etc.

The creative writing and the journeys essay I thought we're extremely broad. It was awesome.

thommy

HSC
N/A
Section 1- Okay, wrote about 4 pages, Heritage Home was a bit dodgy.
Section 2- Good, my story fitted in well, wrote about 2.5-3 pages, but I thought a wrote a pretty good quality story, ots of juxtaposition, rhetorical questions, similes and other techniques.
Section 3- Loved it, wrote a very detailed 5 page response.

Overal, I want/expect 36-39/45, anything over is just a bonus.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
cHoWiiE! said:
YOUR WRONGGG.... i winged it on the spot ...the last section i did ...i had about a solid 50 minutes to do it...hopefully a female teacher is marking it....i'm hoping the good old immigrant story hits the spot haha...
Well, i'm not too sure about the marking system at your school, but generally the 'immigrant story' is a hackneyed plot and cliche in the HSC.

You won't believe how many asian and italian (no doubt inspired by some schools' junior focus on Looking for Alibrandi) immigrant stories are produced!

kylesandilands

HSC
i think section 1 and section 2 is alrite

fkedd section 3... lol totally didnt see the journeys through time thingy.... if a journey in 30 minutes is counted as journey through time then im SET

charliebeaver

HSC
I just used lots of flash backs to link my story to the qu.

Writing a story bout someone actually travelling thru time would be pretty lame!!!

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
wait.... did the AoS creative say journey through time??

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
What were the questions in the CSSA paper? cos i seriously cant remember, i think i screwed it up, especially the PS one.
What were the texts for the comprehension?
What was the question for creative?
and What was the essay question the last journeys essay?

eisley

HSC
Arowana21 said:
What were the questions in the CSSA paper? cos i seriously cant remember, i think i screwed it up, especially the PS one.
Comprehension was this story about symbols of tiles? i don't know =\
The other was a magazine cover of mars and the last text was about this heritage house.
I hated those texts --' lol

arghh the creative writing was that we had to pick a quote from the list and create a story about journey through time.. ?

and the essay... i don't even want to think about it. LOL.

LoneWolf1990

HSC
Arowana21 said:
Comprehension texts

1.Some article involving symbols

2. A magazine cover with a picture of Mars

3. An extract from 'Heritage House' by Margret Atwood.(Whoever thought that this text is a journey should burn in hell!)

Creative writing, you had to write about a journey in time using quotes from the texts above.

Essay question:'Your Journey may not be mine. But you give me an understanding of what it is to make a Journey.'

I think it was something like that, when I had to do this paper, it was a bit daunting using first person, since this was the first question I came across which uses it. Anyway I felt the paper was more biased towards people who do Imaginative Journeys as the comprehension texts were imaginative journeys and the creative writing 'Journeys in time'-that says it all and the essay question 'Your Journey may not be mine...', Well Imaginative Journeys are certainly not ours!

Is it just me or is there a conspiracy going on by the Catholics?!

Last edited:

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
eisley said:
Comprehension was this story about symbols of tiles? i don't know =\
The other was a magazine cover of mars and the last text was about this heritage house.
I hated those texts --' lol

arghh the creative writing was that we had to pick a quote from the list and create a story about journey through time.. ?

and the essay... i don't even want to think about it. LOL.
ooooh fuck.... you sure the creative was a journey through time??

eisley

HSC
dwarven said:
ooooh fuck.... you sure the creative was a journey through time??
Yep, pretty sure it was. Unless your school had a different paper than the CSSA's trial paper.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
eisley said:
Yep, pretty sure it was. Unless your school had a different paper than the CSSA's trial paper.

damn
my creative wasnt really about a journey through time :angry:

bodaly

HSC
Hmm can't remember the tme thing but guess my story fitted it haha!
i thought the questions were fair and also in paper two for modules!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)