time management study tips for trials (1 Viewer)

dumplingky

HSC
Trials are in like 6 weeks and I'm pretty clueless on how to start studying, how to manage studying for each subject and not neglect one or the other, things like that. I already know about general study tips like doing past papers etc.

My subjects are 3u math, 2u eng, bio, cafs, legal if it's relevant.

Thanks for any help!!

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
spend similar amounts of time on each subject even if one is easier than the other. this is cause if a subject is easy, it probs scales bad like cafs and maybe legal, so you still need to put lots of effort in to do well considering scaling.
also take breaks on days you aren't productive (you don't have to study 24/7), but i don't recommend studying less than 5 out of 7 days a week these holidays.

carrotsss

HSC
Literally out a trial paper (thsconline), do it, go through every question and then mark it, and go through every mistake until you’re sure you wouldn’t make any of them again. It’s as simple as that for maths and sciences

Can’t really help for the rest because I’m bad at HSIE but in general just hand in lots of essays and short answers to your teacher for every syllabus for point

MJRey

HSC
I used a Pomodoro focus timer when I was studying for trials, and it did wonders. I would study in 25 minutes, take a 5 minute break then do another 25 minutes on the same subject, then take another 5 minute break and move on to the next subject. I repeated this process all day so that way, I could confidently say I had spent at least 50 minutes on a subject per day. If I had time left over, I would do another 25 minute round on a subject that had greater priority compared to the others (either it was coming up soon or I really needed to work on it).

dumplingky

HSC
Here is the best advice: memorise content

Leave past papers towards the very end because if you do not know your content, there is no point even attempting them
yeah i definitely want to memorise b4 past papers but for content heavy subjects like legal and bio, would techniques like blurting/flashcards be worth it or too time-consuming?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
You haven't started?!

I'm personally not a fan of flashcards, it's too time consuming to make and you'll have hundreds and hundreds given how content heavy HSIE subjects are.

Something that I use is look-cover-write-check and it works like an absolute charm. Just get your notes, focus on one paragraph/chunk at a time and then read it out loud maybe 2-3 times. Write what you remember, and check if you've missed everything. I was able to memorise a LOT of essays using this method, so yeah I'd recommend this method.

A caveat to this however is that you've made the notes yourself, if you haven't then this might not work.
damn. Bruh u should've told me this before I completely flunked my science half yrly. Ali abdaal and kharmamedic got the best of me.

I.e. I got overwhelmed, having about 100 fcs for bio alone... and on the test, the only question that was asked was 'outline the role of DNA'

dumplingky

HSC
damn. Bruh u should've told me this before I completely flunked my science half yrly. Ali abdaal and kharmamedic got the best of me.

I.e. I got overwhelmed, having about 100 fcs for bio alone... and on the test, the only question that was asked was 'outline the role of DNA'
pls i also tried to do anki/quizlet last term and i never went back to them. I feel like what actually helped me was thinking of the questions for the flashcards.

howcanibesmarter

HSC
You haven't started?!

I'm personally not a fan of flashcards, it's too time consuming to make and you'll have hundreds and hundreds given how content heavy HSIE subjects are.

Something that I use is look-cover-write-check and it works like an absolute charm. Just get your notes, focus on one paragraph/chunk at a time and then read it out loud maybe 2-3 times. Write what you remember, and check if you've missed everything. I was able to memorise a LOT of essays using this method, so yeah I'd recommend this method.

A caveat to this however is that you've made the notes yourself, if you haven't then this might not work.
DO NOT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS 👍👍👍

dav53521

HSC
DO NOT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS 👍👍👍
See you're more likely to do well in your trials if you study and prepare. So get of BOS and actually begin to study because 3 days isn't a lot of time and the trials are quite important because they give you a taste of what the HSC final exams which means that if you properly prepare then you can use the trials to see what went well and what didn't which will allow you to better prepare for you finals

howcanibesmarter

HSC
See you're more likely to do well in your trials if you study and prepare. So get of BOS and actually begin to study because 3 days isn't a lot of time and the trials are quite important because they give you a taste of what the HSC final exams which means that if you properly prepare then you can use the trials to see what went well and what didn't which will allow you to better prepare for you finals
lmao I was just joking I just finished memorisning one of my paragraphs, 3000/4000 done, creative left to go ;)

dav53521

HSC
this is gonna sound dumb but is it fine to do trial papers (not english) while listening to music?...
I personally listened to music or other stuff while studying mostly because I personally like to listen to listen to something while studying, doing work or other stuff. But music can affect your concentration so just be aware that if it is affecting your concentration then you should stop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)