time management study tips for trials (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
yea nah that wont happen because all our questions are curveballs lol
paper 1:common mod: almost always a quote with a specific human experience i.e. love, mercy, discovery etc
paper 2: ts eliot, they prescribe poems so you need to memorise paragraphs on all 5 peoms rather than 2 which is required by hsc
mod a: they give you an extract, you have to use a quote from that in ur evaluation and link with the other text, generally a quote that no one used to be fair, and then have a question saying how does the above extract resonate with your understanding of ___
mod c, they give you a quote/extract, you contineue the story with creative/discursive.

this is typically the trend

plus an essay will never be useless... you have to remember quotes for a reason mate. ur essay is legit based around those quotes, i.e. with all the analysis, if ur gonna memrosie ur quotes which u legit have to, then u might as well memroise the analysis instead of writing and think on that on the day lmao, and thats legit the entire essay.

sure u can get away with not memorising that much, but if ur gonna dedicate urself into writing a response, you might as well commit it to memory in case you never know what happens on the day
memorising is hit or miss tho. What if all your analysis doesn't relate that clearly with the qn? Then you're on your own... At least practice some essay writing in the case that your luck doesn't pan out

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
You should write the way which makes sense to you - the way that you can address the question given specifically.

Some students use the method of learning core evidence or themes which tie to the aspects of the rubric, as well as general thesis and position statements related to those ideas which they adapt to the specific question given. This seems to be the way that makes the most sense to me.

That way you are bringing comped ideas and quality analysis with you, not making anything up totally on the spot.
However you don’t want to fall into the trap of rewriting the same learned essay - this will not receive more than a C. It has to answer the given question on the day as closely and as genuinely as possible.

This is the toughest part of trials and final exams, and the best way to prepare is to have your core evidence and themes learned, more than what you would - so about 15 examples that cover across the rubric. Have those on palm cards. Then as practice, go through the bank of questions and create thesis statements and positions/links mixing and matching your palm cards of evidence to build each argument for each new question.

It will start slow, but the more practice you get the easier this will be and you’ll be a pro at deconstruction of questions and choosing the best evidence to support each new thesis.

howcanibesmarter

HSC
memorising is hit or miss tho. What if all your analysis doesn't relate that clearly with the qn? Then you're on your own... At least practice some essay writing in the case that your luck doesn't pan out
it wont be, legit majority of people memorise lmao, at least from our school (id say 1 person out of 30 do not)

plus from past hsc questions, none of them have screwed anyone's memrosied essay that much (or more specifically mine)

what works for you works for you, what works for me (whcih is memorising) works for me, so far it has worked for me 6 exams so far so why wouldnt it work again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)