Titles (1 Viewer)

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
dasphoebus said:
You haven't given us much information to work with.
Now, now - I think any more information would take the fun out of it.

Okay, tarrot cards 'ey?

Shuffle
The Draw

But I have a Royal Flush? - The Rules of Tarrot
The Escape of Dr Carrot From Vegtable Prison
The Deal
Bad Deal
Stacked Deck
Twelve Simple Recipes For Potatos
The Fool's Fall
The Rise of The Hermit
The Deck
The Cards
Shuffle Up and Deal

I actually like those first two.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
'Document1.doc' lol i like that (wudnt u lol if it was in the showcase - dont worry it cant ...swearing and sex and violence:( ..)

The Escape of Dr Carrot From Vegtable Prison
and that

and on another page, 'the draw' could actually tie in.. hmmmmmmm curiouser and curioser

lady_bug99

HSC
One of my possible titles is "All train rides must come to an end" but it's still under examination while i decided if it reveals anythign about my ending or anything that is likely to happen.

Scorch

HSC
Victoria vel Nex - has a nice ring to it, it's set in Ancient Rome, the title is latin for "Victory or Death", it sounds better in latin.

lady_bug99

HSC
thought i'd let you all know that i decided against my other title and it is now "Broken Tracks"

velociraptor

HSC
I've not fully decided on mine. Heh. Well, I'm willing to sit on "Strands of Fate", only if I can't figure a superior title. And unfortunately for me, the fifth-word technique doesn't seem to mesh with my story... or my length of paragraphs.

eminee

HSC
Apologies for being the random one... but I am doing a critical analysis and I also have absolutely no idea what to call mine... Anyone know of someone doing a critical analysis and whether their titles are more creative or just to the point and boring?

Mantis

HSC
loving some of the titles you guys have chosen, "strands of fate' just makes me want to read that Short story. I ended up with Ubermensch, which is german for overman or superman...explained in my story.

HSC
Mine is set in the 50s and uses an Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong song as the title to reference the era ;)

'dream a little dream of me'

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
"fireflies and black velvet" - small letters and all. i know, i know. how e.e cummings of me.

lucidassembly

HSC
God Moving Over the Face of the Waters

It's one of the only things about my piece that I don't despise :rolleyes:

Garygaz

HSC
SKALA

Alternate language is the way to go

Hysterik

HSC
Mine was 'One Thousand Faces'. I hate my title. It's after the Joseph Campbell book "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" on the Hero's Journey.

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
Hysterik said:
Mine was 'One Thousand Faces'. I hate my title. It's after the Joseph Campbell book "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" on the Hero's Journey.
!! one of my main inspirations. the hero's journey is awesome.

Hysterik

HSC
emo-kid-91 said:
!! one of my main inspirations. the hero's journey is awesome.
Wow, awesome! me too (obviously lol) what was your story about?

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
Hysterik said:
Wow, awesome! me too (obviously lol) what was your story about?
haha - the "call to adventure" stage, the very first part of the journey. sci-fi, set in approx 2070, where a newly-created breed of human has taken over the earth and driven everyone else into hiding. the "call" received is made to the main character in order to get the ball rolling on bringing the humans back out "into the sun" so to speak, because the created humans ("night creatures") aren't actually all that bad.

you?

Hysterik

HSC
Sounds great! I can't wait til people start uploading their works. :)

Mine is a bit more literal... :p It's about a guy working in a lost and found office who creates a world around him self. I have three parts corresponding to the Hero's Journey (Down the Rabbit Hole, The Yellow Brick Road and Belly of the Whale) and at the start of each he imagines a character on the Hero's Journey, at a certain stage of it. Then his personal journey is another mirror of the journey itself, its all very layered, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)