To all~ do u think doing this typa thing is corny? (1 Viewer)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
sarahn said:
ah i get it. we girls are dumb then?
I was being sarcastic.

EDIT: Except maybe in your case.

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
CoffeeBeans said:
the idea is sweet and all.. but do guys appreciate it? or would you find it too corny?

or should i just not care if its corny and go for it?
that's saccharine-sweet to the point of inducing Type 1 diabetes...

but subjectively, i would appreciate it :)

anarchron

HSC
So long as you don't bring him Chicken and Corn soup!
Or pop corn .....

CoffeeBeans said:
Mm

ive had this thought :rolleyes:

of waiting outside my bfs work with food ive made for him, (as he finishes work failry late at 11pm ish...(just a small amount of food, like a soup or a warm snack, cos its too much of a hassel to carry )

the idea is sweet and all.. but do guys appreciate it? or would you find it too corny?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
as long as it tastes good. if you made it then it'd be better than if you bought it but yeah... as long as it tastes good.

repz

HSC
if my gf did that for me aiish i would be impressed and feel good about it
nothing corny its sweet a nice gesture not many would do

HSC
ujuphleg said:
I hate feminazi's too azzie. If you go to uni next year, avoid the womens' collectives at all costs - they are the feminazi's and they are evil.

EVIL I TELL YOU , YEEEEEVIL!!

Oh and CoffeeBeans, I'm sure you're boyfriend will love it. If you don't get a good reaction the first time though then don't do it again.
Hence why you vote Liberal to get rid of it ;)

HSC
CoffeeBeans said:
Mm

of waiting outside my bfs work with food ive made for him, (as he finishes work failry late at 11pm ish...(just a small amount of food, like a soup or a warm snack, cos its too much of a hassel to carry )

you would know whether he appreciates it or no... some guys might find it a bit wierd, other would find it really thoughtful...

anarchron

HSC
I smell feminazi.

miss_gtr said:
i'm a girl.. and i think it is utterly old fashion, and if someone ever did it to me...... i would die on the spot. Though if you think its cute, and your boyfriends doesnt mind.. go ahead. I wouldnt do it for a guy, mostly because:

a) I cannot cook-i make cakes,pasta and cookies and everytime they manage to taste overcooked and undercooked at the same time.

b) im not cooking for a man, we can both have 2 min noodles or buy take out.

c) im not haul assing my ass out of bed to give him 2 min noodles at 3am/11pm..some insane hour.

d) if he expects me to take food to him; he better be disabled, bed stricken or paralysed.

e) he can make his own dinner. (this totally sparked my love for the "make my dinner t-shirt-i want one!!)

f) if he is working at insane hours, i wouldnt be with him

g) if he is working that late, he is most likely banging the secretary/cleaner/co-worker/bosses wife/boss - which is good..atleast u can sleep all night without being woken/nudged/hinted for sex.

h) oh yes it is unbelievably corny, corny beyond all corniness.

i) i wouldnt do it, not even to embarass him........

j) if he is lucky, i might write a note and magnet it onto the fridge, telling him theres frozen dinners in the freezer.

k) oh if he is REALLY lucky, i'll save a few slices of pizza from what i ordered for myself.

thats my 2 cents.

santaslayer

HSC
miss_gtr said:
i'm a girl.. and i think it is utterly old fashion, and if someone ever did it to me...... i would die on the spot. Though if you think its cute, and your boyfriends doesnt mind.. go ahead. I wouldnt do it for a guy, mostly because:

a) I cannot cook-i make cakes,pasta and cookies and everytime they manage to taste overcooked and undercooked at the same time.

c) im not haul assing my ass out of bed to give him 2 min noodles at 3am/11pm..some insane hour.

d) if he expects me to take food to him; he better be disabled, bed stricken or paralysed.

e) he can make his own dinner. (this totally sparked my love for the "make my dinner t-shirt-i want one!!)

g) if he is working that late, he is most likely banging the secretary/cleaner/co-worker/bosses wife/boss - which is good..atleast u can sleep all night without being woken/nudged/hinted for sex.

j) if he is lucky, i might write a note and magnet it onto the fridge, telling him theres frozen dinners in the freezer.

k) oh if he is REALLY lucky, i'll save a few slices of pizza from what i ordered for myself.

thats my 2 cents.
lol

u suck. :p

HSC
miss_gtr said:

thats my 2 cents.
as long as theres no bitchin about any bloke stuff... you get what you give. See, if you cooked for him or somethin, he'd do the yard and clean up after himself or something. But if you live for yourself, he'll live for himself... i really dont think that would work from my experience...

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
FoodForThought said:
as long as theres no bitchin about any bloke stuff... you get what you give. See, if you cooked for him or somethin, he'd do the yard and clean up after himself or something. But if you live for yourself, he'll live for himself... i really dont think that would work from my experience...
that's very true. what goes around comes around, so don't expect any romantic or noble gestures from him.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Would he be likely to return the favour in a similar fashion? If not, then no, don't waste your time because as it currently stands I cannot help but think that you live to service his every waking need (well, as many as you possibly can, that is). However, if that's what floats your boat, then ignore my comments and go right ahead.

HSC
Generator said:
Would he be likely to return the favour in a similar fashion? If not, then no, don't waste your time because as it currently stands I cannot help but think that you live to service his every waking need (well, as many as you possibly can, that is). However, if that's what floats your boat, then ignore my comments and go right ahead.
dont do it coz you want to get a favour back or feel you have to... i garantee you if they are your motives he will pick up on it very quickly and that'll sour the occasion.

However, if you like to cook, or just wanna do something nice for him, go ahead... not much to loose...

Generator

HSC
N/A
It's not a case of expecting something in return, it's just that if you are to do it then it would be best to do it in the knowledge that you partner would also be likely to do the something similar just for the sake of being nice. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to be gained by being the only one who gives within a relationship.

HSC
Generator said:
It's not a case of expecting something in return, it's just that if you are to do it then it would be best to do it in the knowledge that you partner would also be likely to do the something similar just for the sake of being nice.
Basically what your saying is dont bother doing it unless your pretty certian their gonna do something in return... which brings us back to expecting something out of it. You do it because you want to, or bored, but not to get something out of it... any hidden motive is easily picked up. That comes from experience from both sides of the field...

Generator said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to be gained by being the only one who gives within a relationship.
well.. if were the case you shouldnt take make something for them.. you should dump them. If there is not a natural flow of giving then someones holding back and and relationship would be meaningless.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
CoffeeBeans said:
Mm

omg thats the best thing ive ever heard of. When i finish work, especially late at night iam usually heaps hungry like feel dizzy hungry and i would kill for a hot meal. I wish you were my girlfriend! hot meals and everything. Your boyfriend should have proposed on the spot, cause you are a keeper!

sweetest, nicest thing you can do for someone who has just finished work is bring em a meal, and consdering you are coming in late to do that...so nice, i hope he never takes you for granted.

i cant even beleive that, i would appreciate that so much.. i didnt know there could be people that nice in the world. and yes the way to a mans heart is through his stomach... not only that though but it shows you care that hes just been working hard and is hungry

Generator

HSC
N/A
FoodForThought said:
Basically what your saying is dont bother doing it unless your pretty certian their gonna do something in return... which brings us back to expecting something out of it. You do it because you want to, or bored, but not to get something out of it... any hidden motive is easily picked up. That comes from experience from both sides of the field...

well.. if were the case you shouldnt take make something for them.. you should dump them. If there is not a natural flow of giving then someones holding back and and relationship would be meaningless.

No, my point is that there's nothing to be gained by expressing your 'love' if the partner is incapable of such an expression (be it public or private) or if the partner expects you to contribute more to the relationship in terms of effort. From that it flows on to the obvious point regarding give and take, but as we all know, not everyone abides by such a convention, and I just thought that it would be best to pose a question with this in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)