To drop maths or to not? (1 Viewer)

The Professor

HSC
Hello friends

So since my first math exam in year 12 i've just scrapped a pass, we had one assignment and I got an 80 .. then came trials where I achieved 30%.

Should I just drop it? I mean ... Getting that mark plus all the crap marks I got for the rest of my subjects ranging from 50-85% (affected my rank and over internal mark) just put me in an all time low. I'm looking at an average of band 3-5's for all my subjects.

Do I even have a chance anymore?
An ATAR of <60 is what I'm expecting right now fk the trials

I'm on 12 units right now.

Help

Thanks

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Level of maths? Keep it if its 2 unit or above..

sugartits

HSC
For my 5 main assessments tasks, i got something like 3 40%'s, 1 55ish% and then for calculus an 85%, that was enough to bring my entire average up to 69 (lol - but just under B4 :( ), however I was pressured to drop it most of the time

Funny thing is for a bachelor of economics, calculus has been the only maths I've needed so I'm passing really well - none of that pesky trigonometry stuff

Avalonkat

HSC
Drop it.
I definitely would've been a happier person without it.

Carsbooks

HSC
Keep it
You've come this far.

I agree! Just do your best, why bother dropping now- you would have practically wasted many hours studying + only your best 10 are taken as you know so it's not like it should impact that much

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Just wing the final HSC exam with minimal study (don't let it get in the way of other subjects).

I did that for eco and still got a band 4 somehow with only doing 4 hours study the day before and maybe less than 20 hours of study the whole year for it lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)