too late for a good atar? pls help (desperate) (1 Viewer)

anonymousssss

HSC
Hi, I have just started my 3rd term of year 12 and I am currently freaking out - so any help would be much appreciated. I have not been doing well so far and was wondering if there is any hope for me.
I managed to procrastinated big time for the past 2 terms so have a bunch I need to catch up on. These are my ranks so far:

Advanced English (absolute nightmare) - did quite shit - 77/95 rank
- I very much suck at writing essays - any advice?

Standard Maths 2 - 3rd and 14th / 90

Modern History - 17th and 22nd / 30

Biology - 8th and 14th / 49

Religion II - 33rd/122

Pls let me know if there is any chance of me getting an 80+ atar - i NEED it

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your ranks for Maths, Biology and Religion are not bad.

If you can maintain them and improve as much as possible in English and Modern History, you can definitely get an 80+ ATAR.

For English, seek regular feedback on your essays from your teacher and apply their suggestions to your essays. The more you do this, the better your essays will become.

anonymousssss

HSC
Thankyou!!

Do you by any chance know what marks you think I would need in the HSC to get an 85 atar?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
No worries!

For an 85 ATAR, all your marks should be in the band 5 range (the higher you can go from there, the better). This is definitely looking possible in Maths, Biology and Religion given your ranks.

Hopefully with some improvements to your English and Modern History ranks you will be able to get marks in that range as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)