Transitioning into Year 12 - Tips anyone? (1 Viewer)

HSC
...Computer screen for past papers???

As in, why not just use a computer? Yeah, personal preferences...but it does save paper and money

Last edited:

Alkanes

HSC
Paper don't cost much son. It's the ink that burns your pocket lol

OmgTerry

HSC
Printing is 10c per page and $1 for colour as well. That could be going towards I'm not entirely sure. Maybe maccas or something when I have the munchies from studying. :|

Corvid

HSC
N/A
remember it's a marathon, not a race! Be consistent throught the year. Don't be one of those faggots who run crazy for a few moments then walk to catch their breath (metaphor for crammers...)

Past papers have cost me $320 this year :) (year 12)

Be prepared.
Insane! I spent more on buying sweet chili burgers from my canteen than on past papers.

yours

HSC
remember it's a marathon, not a race! Be consistent throught the year. Don't be one of those faggots who run crazy for a few moments then walk to catch their breath (metaphor for crammers...)

Insane! I spent more on buying sweet chili burgers from my canteen than on past papers.
lol they have those at your school too?

2011_

HSC
As a 2010 and 2011 HSC students my tips to those about to begin:
Download your syllabus' now to get an idea of what is ahead.
See if you can buy some second hand text books (in a few months we will all be finished and selling them!) to save money. Also ask current Year 12 at your school what books helped them, and if they are willing to sell or give away their summaries / notes.
Start doing summaries from day 1 of year 12, if you have time. It will be worth it!
If you have any issues / problems it's best to clarify with your Teacher ASAP.
And as for a printer for those past papers and syllabus' - if you can't print for free at school or the library, invest in a laser printer. Their printing costs less per page.
Good luck, Year 12 2012!

2011_

HSC
One more tip, I almost forgot: when preparing for exams (half yearly, trial or HSC) ask your teachers if they can give you the papers from previous years, or those from another school to help in your preparation. Mine, for example, were able to get me past CSSA papers and an independent trial as well.

lil_pembo

HSC
If you are so tight ass with printing: buy the success one books. You can get them for like $30 bucks and they have 10 past papers in them. Or get a cheap exercise book and READ THE QUESTIONS OFF THE COMPUTER SCREEN. ever thought of that one?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Aim for 95-100% IN ESSAYS where they give you the questioN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Osborn

HSC
dont dun goof lol
but seriously
study hard, pay attention in 100% of your classes, write everything the teacher says
also
quit league of legends if you still play it

studier1

HSC
seriously, xmas hols is when the true studiers are separated from the common folk, you gotta put in at least a few hours a day, making a study timetable and all that, finish all major works too (not talking about those stupid dt major works how the hell can you get marks for a piece of furniture i'd just go to ikea)

1 - start hsc

2 - study over christmas holidays

????

99.05 atar.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
I just print in our school library when the librarian's not looking xD Don't try to print too much at once, just a few pages in case you get caught :p

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Some rules to live by (and I mentioned this before in another thread):
# Make study notes in conjuction to the notes you wrote in the book according to the syllabus - make sure these notes are explicit in detail but as short as possible.
# Divise an even time plan for each subject and focus more on the topics you do not understand.
# Study Groups should be cohesive and focused primarily on studies.
# If you do not understand a topic - ask a peer or teacher.
# Don't just study - you have to make sure you understand!
# Have fun and take a breather - for the efforts you put in you deserve rewards.

1981Grant

HSC
Here's some actual advice.

Delete your facebook.
Don't spend time writing your own notes, download the good ones from BoS and compile them until they form some semblance of intelligence.
Power on the past papers.
Do well early.
Kickback and chill the fuck out. Don't get too stressed about year 12.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Here's some actual advice.

Delete your facebook.
Don't spend time writing your own notes, download the good ones from BoS and compile them until they form some semblance of intelligence.
Power on the past papers.
Do well early.
Kickback and chill the fuck out. Don't get too stressed about year 12.
This times a fucking billion.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I just print in our school library when the librarian's not looking xD Don't try to print too much at once, just a few pages in case you get caught :p
I wish my library was free :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)