Truongs Maths Tutoring, any comments? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Okay, some people just emphasise Truong's ability a bit tooo far. We all know he's a great teacher, but thats NOT for everybody. LOL, how many hours did you guys spend at his fairfield centre for 3U + 4U? I never went to Tutor for maths even with an SC mark of 79:party:. I got 98 in 3U and 97 in 4U :D
LOL, everyone is so dependent on "Truong", If your good at maths, you don't require a tutor, that just shows your weak and vulnerable :D
Well how would you know how good he is if you've never been to a Maths tutor?

When we want to know how well you did in the HSC, we'll ask, k?

x_symphonic

HSC
Hey

I went to Truong's maths tutoring from Year 9-12 (I just graduated).

Best things: He's an excellent teacher, he has great methods to do questions/topics that would otherwise probably be really hard.
He covers each topic very very well, goes through all the different types of questions that you can get and works off variations of HSC questions.
Although this can be taken as a bad thing, he teaches you a lot about life and manners, traditions, etc. in his little talks, but i actually found them really inspiring/interesting.
I definitely saw improvements in my marks after I started with him.

Not so great things: When i first started out, I thought he was really scary (mainly because of all the stories i heard about him), so I kind of dreaded going to class LOL, that changed pretty quickly though.
He can be pretty intimidating, but this can also be a good thing because it motivates you to learn your stuff so that if he picks on you, you won't be embarrassed (remember, this is for your benefit, not for his personal enjoyment).

Popularity? He's a brilliant tutor, `nuff said :) and yeah, word travels, reallllly fast.
I went to troungs during year 8 for a term and quit later on. He was definitely really scary, he swears in class, talks about peoples parents and how bad students are when they're really trying. I think the time I entered the tutor was possibly the worst - a week after the whole maths class except one person who got exactly 50% failed ... jesus...and troung took over >_>.

His methods are great yeah yeah, hes really fast...too fast actually. What he does is he rubs out a part of the board even when you're not finished. Slow writers aren't really recommended for troung's class.

And another thing is since i was pretty small in year 8, i got scared and was afraid of asking him questions since he doesnt seem to keep his temper. And i think...from memory that he was a doctor...and im wondering how the hell does he treat his patients!?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
He's actually very different when you get to Year 11 and 12. He begins to respect you as an equal. And he treats his patients very differently to how he treats his Year 5-10s. :)

x_symphonic

HSC
He's actually very different when you get to Year 11 and 12. He begins to respect you as an equal. And he treats his patients very differently to how he treats his Year 5-10s. :)
i heard he changes later on but hes still a creepy teacher. I liked the time when his tutor was still at cabra below the temple. The toilet was right behind whiteboard and classroom and we could hear whatever the person using the toilet was doing :L

a memory just came to mind. There was this student maths teacher there, 4got his name but the class was very noisy that time. He made us rewrite and draw each circle geometry property 20 times. I mean i wasn't even part of the noisy crowd, nor were some other good students and we were forced to do this stupid work. It took me 6 hours to finish copying+ another 2 for weekly hw and i was pretty much raging at the time

ATAR_boy

HSC
Well how would you know how good he is if you've never been to a Maths tutor?

When we want to know how well you did in the HSC, we'll ask, k?
Okay. I'm sorry. man, no need to be slack, Truong is a distinguished teacher and I know this very well as I was offered a chance to become a future Maths tutor at Fairfield by him on a personal basis.

I would like to apologise for making negative remarks about Truong. :)

pleasetell

HSC
Um hey , I was just wondering what are the rules when you go to Truong's Fairfield math classes.
I heard that if you dye your hair , you get kicked out?
Is that true?
Because i have dyed hair and i want to go to truongs tutoring so yeah
someone please help me
thanks .

pleasetell

HSC
oh.. do you think brown hair colour is okay? Because i have this thing in my family how my mum doesn't like black-coloured hair.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
What is it with ex-doctors and pointing out that student's are dumb even when they're trying? D=

makraj66

HSC
N/A
Re: Truong's tutoring, any comments?

can u pls tell me the no. of Ngo n sons pls???

Did you manage to find the Contact? Can you please pm me the contact details.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Did you manage to find the Contact? Can you please pm me the contact details.
Not many people would be willing to give the Ngo & Sons contact number (which is the Head Teacher's private mobile number - there is no other sort of contact) to a complete stranger. No offense. :cold:

oasfree

HSC
N/A
He's not an ex-doctor.
He still practices. Doctor by day, tutor by night.
LOL, I never go to doctors that is not concentrating on doctoring. I also ask around if the doctor kills his/her pet fish. If they do, I don't trust them knowing how to treat humans.

Truong is a successful business man. I have all due respect for him in that. But I would not trust him as a medical doctor.

x_symphonic

HSC
He's very traditional...and very strict about said traditions. And yeah, he's kicked people out for having dyed hair before. There's not much we can do to help you short of telling you to dye your hair back? =\
Lol. I don't get why troung is so damn traditional with this stuff...I mean what century do we live in >_>. He wouldn't even let me look at the clock and he was so agro that i was probably convinced he had eyes on the back of his head.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
LOL, I never go to doctors that is not concentrating on doctoring. I also ask around if the doctor kills his/her pet fish. If they do, I don't trust them knowing how to treat humans.
Ooooookkk? What happens if the doctor doesn't have a pet fish? Gonna ask them how their children are going? Whether they've ended up maimed in a hospital ward? And how would you know that he doesn't concentrate on his 'doctoring'? :rolleyes:

Truong is a successful business man. I have all due respect for him in that. But I would not trust him as a medical doctor.
And you're free to believe that?

Lol. I don't get why troung is so damn traditional with this stuff...I mean what century do we live in >_>. He wouldn't even let me look at the clock and he was so agro that i was probably convinced he had eyes on the back of his head.
Hahaha, I'm fairly sure you just caught him on a bad day. He's traditional, but looking at the clock is commonplace, in every single class for every single person in my class. He never minds, however, when he's in a bad mood, everything goes a little pear shaped. :(

pjiggy

HSC
just a word out there:
truong's maths is REALLY REALLY GOOD. his methods are some that u wont ever learn with school teachers and they really help you excel in the HSC as well as all your school exams.thing is,he goes pretty quick so yeh,you have to pick up on the work quite quickly or you fall behind.And sure,he can be scarily mad sometimes but that just motivates you to do all the more study and seriously,when he gets like that it just shows he wants you to do well =)
the english at truong's with Ms Diab is also fantastic .She knows all the little tricks and stuff behind getting excellent marks for your essays/writing tasks and she'll give you really good resources.The stuff she says in class alone will help you heaps.But yeh,with marking etc.she's a bit unreliable which is understandable seeing as she has a family to look after plus a million students.
also went to Peak science there ( not sure if it's exactly with Ngo and Sons but it was at the same place as English).For some reason,i didnt find it that good.I think to me,it seemed like he only spent time with the really smart people who got 100's and not the averager's.Once at the beginning of year 11 he asked me what my school estimate was and i told him 98.7,an estimate which i was really really proud of and he shook his head and said "James Ruse people should get over 99".Thing is,i tried my best and my whole family were happy for that estimate(cos i wanted to do vet which is only 98.4) and he just shot me down :shoot:
ANYHOO highly recommend truong to any people out there looking for a tutor.:D
wow long post

makraj66

HSC
N/A
Re: Fairfield Troung's recommendation - English

miss diab is the best nah u dont have to join science at troung but u have to do maths and its very unlikely that ull get into her class because troung picks the names of the people who are going in the class from a hat. Troung told us there is about 150 people on the waiting list

Hi,

Can you provide me contact details of Troung tutoring, if possible.

Thanks

Regards

makraj66

HSC
N/A
Re: Fairfield Troung's recommendation - English

I go to Ms. Diab's as well, although I'm in the advanced class. She does mark our homework though. She asks to collect it, and for those that do hand it in, she takes it home and brings it back the week after with red writing all over it. I wrote up a creative piece once before and asked her if she could give me some feedback. She then assigned the class with a task and read over it, then later attached a blank A4 piece of paper to it, filled with red writing.
Personally, I reckon Ms. Diab is a hell of a good teacher, it's thanks to her that I don't hate english as much as I did before. =)
Hi,

Do you have contact details of Ms Diab's. Is it possible to pm me.

Regards

makraj66

HSC
N/A

Hi,

Do you have contact details of Troungs Tutoring? If possible can you pm me?

Regards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)