Tutorial Registration opening times (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Times are up on pweb. Here they are:

Opening Day/Time School
Tuesday, 14 February 10:00am
*Education
Tuesday, 14 February 12:30pm Economics & Finance
Tuesday, 14 February 3:00pm Marketing
Wednesday, 15 February 10:00am Humanities and Languages
Wednesday, 15 February 12:30pm Communication Arts
Wednesday, 15 February 3:00pm Engineering
Thursday, 16 February 10:00am Psychology
Thursday, 16 February 12:30pm Law
Thursday, 16 February 3:00pm Accounting
Friday, 17 February 10:00am Management
Friday, 17 February 12:30pm Natural Sciences
Friday, 17 February 3:00pm Social Sciences
Monday, 20 February 10:00am Nursing
Monday, 20 February 12:30pm Computing and Maths
Monday, 20 February 3:00pm Biomedical & Health Sciences

* Education students commencing in the following courses will be advised of earlier tutorial registration dates at orientation:

- Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies (Child & Family)
- Bachelor of Teaching (Primary)
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary)
Enjoy :D

SweetSeasons

HSC
hehe, i gotta a tiny itsy bit teary eye'd when i went to sign out today :p
no more stupid online tut rego's but :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
hehe, i gotta a tiny itsy bit teary eye'd when i went to sign out today :p
Well, atleast your transfering into what you want to do. Goodluck with everything :)

On a side note: I see UWS has changed its schools. I'm now doing an arts degree :/

saredi87

HSC
Does anyone know how fast the university computers are at Parramatta concerning tutorial registration??? My tutorial rego (for 3/4 of units) is right in the middle of peer mentoring training and so I need to use the uni computers... but I don't want to miss out on my times. Thanks!

L

LaraB

its usually worse at uni because a lot of people go there hopipng it will be faster but it's not..

being on the internal server doesn't m ake it faster/slower

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Tutorial registration is like our favourite time of year - its like christmas :santa: lol.

But it wouldn't make a difference if you were at uni or not. Either way, a computer is a computer and the internet is the internet, you've just gotta be prepared. Know what times you want in advance, some schools aren't as busy as other schools, it really depends what subjects your doing.

klh

HSC
oh and thanks very much for posting this up cape!

so what are people strategies to get into tute rego?
the old sign in early and wait till its time to click into register or
wait till till 5 min till time and sigh in or
sign in at that time [and then bang your head against the desk because its showing no web page to display or the wait 30 secs until signing in again] or
wait a couple of hours after and then do it [as your school may not be as competitive]
or hack the computers at UWS and do it your way

mine? well none of them work...:(

klh

HSC

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
so what are people strategies to get into tute rego?
None, cause I don't have tute rego this semester (again) :D

For new students - when they get their offers and after enrolment - for tute rego, check the schools of your SUBJECTS, not course. And also, this tute rego is only for first semester.

klh

HSC
yeah, just go to the tute rego page, sign in and then go to tutorial registration and then go down to the autumn 2006 and click on th ebuttons. the log in page is here http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/ ..i'd have thought UWS was gonna send you info, i hope they do soon.

Yes, Cape means like for instance you do a It subject like Programming Principles and another in Principle sof Professional Comunication, than Programming belongs to the School of Computing and Maths [oh theyve changed the names, ive forgotten abotu that] and Communication belongs to Arts, so remember that. If you dont know, search for the unit on the online handbook, but mysteriously its gone fomthe site coz i cant find it now...go to your course online and it shold show the units you are doing, click on them and theyll tell you.

Cape, you dont have TUTE REGO! I AM SO JEALOUS...thats one thing less to get angry about...and for the newies, tute rego is a frustrating excercise if you care to search for some of the threads in this forum, you ll find out... boo hoo...

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I very rarely have tute rego :D

All lectures this semester, and my biggest class has 50 people in it. Very small classes this semester.

aleco88

HSC
guys. I'm planning on going to UWS this year and reading all your threads, really great, but haven't understood what tutorial registration is all about. please explain?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
What is online tutorial registration?
In regard to tutorial registration, "tutorial" refers to any type of teaching activity where you need to choose between a number of repeated activities within a unit. The teaching activities may be tutorials, practicals, classes or sometimes, even lectures. Not all units are available for online registration, but any not using online registration should have the alternative arrangements for registration appearing as comments on the timetable display. Online tutorial registration works on a first in, first served basis and lets you select your preferred activities through a web interface on the University of Western Sydney web site.

What do I need to complete tutorial registration?
A PC (Not a Mac. If you don’t have access to a PC go to the UWS computer lab on your campus)
Access to the internet
Your student ID
Completed enrolment into your units.

What do I do if I do not have a computer?
If you are an enrolled student, you will be able to gain access to the internet through the Information Technology labs on any of the University's campuses.

What is the difference between enrolments and tutorial registration?
Enrolment formally records the details required for you to complete your degree on the Student Record System. These details are the formal records of the course and units that you are completing. Tutorial registration is A secondary step that is used for some units only, so that you can select the specific tutorials or classes within a unit (where there is a choice) that you would like to attend. Your enrolment must be completed before you can complete tutorial registration. Tutorial registration aids in the allocation of students into teaching activities.

Why are there different opening times?
The opening times for tutorial registration are staggered across the schools to spread the load on the system.

Why does the system run slowly?
At opening times, the system is processing thousands of requests to register, this places the system under load and performance slows. Investigations are currently underway to improve this performance. Repeated requests to refresh your web page also increases the load on the system and further slows performance.

Do I need to register for all of the different activity types available in a unit?
You may need to register separately for tutorials, laboratories and practicals for the same unit. Registration in lectures is sometimes required. If you need/would like to do a lecture that has places showing, you must register for it. Sometimes the activities that you need to register for are grouped together within the unit so that you only register once. Please read the comment on each unit name for instructions on this matter.

Can I change my registration?
If you need to alter your registration details, you may do so at any stage leading up to the commencement of session. To do this, access the online tutorial registration system in the same way that you did to originally register. You can change your registration details up to 5 times for each unit in which you are enrolled. After that, you will need to contact the relevant school office for assistance.

Can I choose an activity on a campus other than my home campus?
Due to shortage of space on the Parramatta and Bankstown campuses, only students that have these campuses as their home campus can complete units on these campuses.
If you want to select activities on a campus other than your home campus, you must complete all of the activities within the unit on the same campus. To be able to register for those activities, you will need to obtain the written permission of the Unit Coordinator and submit a program variation form through your Student Centre.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Instructions

Tute Reg Instructions
Step by Step:

1. Log on to Tutorial Registration

To log into Platform Web you will need to set up an ID and password on “MyUWSAccount”. This site is found at https://myuwsaccount.uws.edu.au. The link can also be found on the "Current Student" area of the UWS web site.
Your username is your Student ID, and your date of birth should be entered as DD-MON-YYYY e.g. 05-JAN-1983. Your date of birth is known by the system and is used to authenticate you at this stage.
On first activation, you must accept the terms and conditions of use and will need to supply a new password. The password must be at least eight characters long and contain letters, numbers and symbols.
It can take up to 15 minutes for this password to be propagated to all dependant systems, so allow some time before attempting to log into Platform Web using this new password.
Enter this ID and password in the boxes on the Platform Web login page.

2. Check Your Enrolment Details

Click on the “Enrolled” link listed on the “Main Page”. This will take you to your enrolment history. The “Status” column will tell you whether you are correctly enrolled. If your status does not come up as “Enrolled”, please contact your Student Centre.
Take the link to the Main Page on the menu bar to return.

3. Proceed to the Tutorial Registration Pages

Click on the “Tutorial Registration” link listed on the “Main Page”. This page shows the units you are enrolled in for the various sessions of the academic year.
The right hand column for each unit displays the school offering the unit (click on the school link to display the opening date and time. Ensure you close this window before continuing).
Click on the “Timetable” button for the current session only. This will allow you to view the timetable for the unit and make a selection if the units are open for registration.

4. Make Your Selection

If a unit is using this system to register your choices, you will see a selection marker to the right of each activity.
Registering for each unit separately, click in the marker next to each activity you wish to register for.
To submit your choices for a unit, press the “Enter your selection for …” button at the bottom of the unit timetable.
As you may only change your registration five times, you will be asked if you are sure of you selection.
A confirmation page will be displayed giving you the results of your submission.

5. Print Your Confirmation

It is important to print proof of your registration if it has been successful. This can be done by printing the confirmation page that appears after you have submitted your selection.

6. Make Selections for Your Other Units

Return to the “Tutorial Selection” page using the link on the menu bar and register for your units.

7. Confirm Your Registration

You can view the tutorials you have selected by clicking on the "Confirm Registration" button on the "Tutorial Registration" page. This will give you a list of the activities you have registered for, for each unit you have registered in.
You may print this page as confirmation of registration.

8. Log Out

Log out using the link on the menu bar.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Continuing from what Melsc so kindly copied and pasted :p

- After you enrol, and know what subjects your doing, work out the best timetable for you. That why you can pop onto tute rego knowing what you want.
- Be prepared for your internet to be very slow, even though it says don't refresh, refresh anyway, and you may need to have three or so internets open at one time during tute rego.
- A few days before tute rego, log onto pweb and take yourself on a guided tour around pweb (its so interesting :p)
- Log on slightly before the schools open
- Chuck a tanterum if you don't get the times that you wanted.

foxydena

HSC
Cape said:
Continuing from what Melsc so kindly copied and pasted :p
- After you enrol, and know what subjects your doing, work out the best timetable for you. That why you can pop onto tute rego knowing what you want.
- Be prepared for your internet to be very slow, even though it says don't refresh, refresh anyway, and you may need to have three or so internets open at one time during tute rego.
- A few days before tute rego, log onto pweb and take yourself on a guided tour around pweb (its so interesting :p)
- Log on slightly before the schools open
- Chuck a tanterum if you don't get the times that you wanted.
Good advice to the newbies

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)