twilight series (1 Viewer)

Mrs-Darcy

HSC
Twilight is ever so BASIC, CLICHED and LAME. It is very, VERY tweeny-bopper!!
Comparisons to Harry Potter are laughable - and would be deeply insulting if one was to take them seriously!

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Twilight is ever so BASIC, CLICHED and LAME. It is very, VERY tweeny-bopper!!
Comparisons to Harry Potter are laughable - and would be deeply insulting if one was to take them seriously!
i dunno, they're pretty valid

they're both easy to read, addictive kids books with little or no literary merit...

Mrs-Darcy

HSC
i dunno, they're pretty valid

they're both easy to read, addictive kids books with little or no literary merit...
Nah, come on - Harry Potter can be loved by adults and kids alike and it has much more literary merit than Twilight - JK Rowling's language is considerably more masterful language than the unsophisticated dribble of Stephanie Meyer.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i think they're both shit, to be quite honest
tully has it quite right yet again.

As ntb said, seems rather 'fashionable' to hate on twilight but the fact you defend harry potter is quite funny as they're both marketing successes with no literary sophistication.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Nah, come on - Harry Potter can be loved by adults and kids alike and it has much more literary merit than Twilight - JK Rowling's language is considerably more masterful language than the unsophisticated dribble of Stephanie Meyer.
shitty harry potter book said:
The two men appeared out of nowhere, a few yards apart in the narrow, moonlit lane. For a second they stood quite still, wands pointing at each other's chests: then, recognising each other, they stowed their wands beneath their cloaks and set off, side by side, in the same direction.
Yeah masterful...

About all I can say is that Twilight series is probably worse just by account of 75% of the books being consumed by soft-core longing for the vampire. And 'skin glitters in the sun' is the shittest vampires cant be seen in sunlight device ever....

Mrs-Darcy

HSC
Yeah masterful...

About all I can say is that Twilight series is probably worse just by account of 75% of the books being consumed by soft-core longing for the vampire. And 'skin glitters in the sun' is the shittest vampires cant be seen in sunlight device ever....
ok what's wrong with that opening passage of the 7th harry potter? its way better than twilight - i remember picking up the 2nd book and it opens with something like 'i felt like i was trapped in a nightmare'
hmm pretty original
at least harry potter doesnt operate on cliches as twilight does

u-borat

Banned
HSC
uhhh you're retarded.

harry potter is a standard coming of age story of a teen who faces challenges on his way to saving the world from the big bad dark lord.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
i used to twilight by myself all the time when i was younger.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i love twilight. me and my other 12 year old female tween friends like to talk about how much we are in love with edward cullen, the fictional male character who is a fictional creature in this fiction book, in order to try to conjure up some tangible substance to our currently fictional sense of self-esteem and indeed common sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)