Umat Scores. (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Sigh you silly, silly children. Remember that UNSW gave you interviews BEFORE you saw your UMAT - this means that they think there's a reasonable chance that you could be offered a place. If you got an interview offer but think your UMAT is teh sucks, just remember that you're NOT yet out of the game.

And for those didn't get a UNSW offer and whose UMATs are not so great, also do not give up hope. The other schools have yet to send interview offers, and they are all less competitive than UNSW in terms of cutoffs - what seems crap now may be "good enough" in a month.

HSC
hey all, i got 95, 94, 99 percentiles, 64, 63, 95 (202 total) raw.

I found out when dad picked me up this evening after work n i basically went into shock. I aint done no prep other than the night before and really had no intention of becoming a doctor. Ah well, i guess we gotta think bout that now eh?

Mmmm does anyone know if these scores and a predicted uai of either 98-99 or 99-100 will get me a second round interview for UNSW, cuz i didnt even apply for first round.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Think to yourself - do you really want to be a doctor? There are a few of us (ie me) whose initial reasons for studing medicine were "because I can" but if this is the sole basis of applying you will be a sad, bitter man before you hit 40.

Would you want to be a doctor if your UMAT were lower? Would you try again if you failed to get in?

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
skeptical_bum said:
hey all, i got 95, 94, 99 percentiles, 64, 63, 95 (202 total) raw.

thats really strange that u got 95 raw for sec three and got 99 percentile. Another boser or medstudent person (cant remember which) said they got 80 raw for sec three and got 100 percentile.

:S

jeremiahk

HSC
queenie said:
thats really strange that u got 95 raw for sec three and got 99 percentile. Another boser or medstudent person (cant remember which) said they got 80 raw for sec three and got 100 percentile.

:S
Its a typo, its meant to say 75 probably... because when you add her points up its 222... so yeah, probs is 75.

poodle

hey lex, just wanted ur help for 1 thing

i finished school a yr ago and my uai was only 96.75-- in saying that, my umat results that i got today werent too good either- like percentiles were 61, 99, 56...i know i wont get a unsw interview (well its more that i havent got one lol)-- do u know if there is any chance i will get interviews on those marks except at bond uni?
thanks heaps

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
It'll be very close if you do get one. Adel cut off is around 220. UNCLE is around the same. Did you complete a year of uni? (i.e. do you have uni results that can combine with your uai?)

poodle

hey
nope... i was doing arts/law and i dropped out after 1st semester, so they wont take them into consideration....so do they have cut offs based on percentiles not marks?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Well in that case Newcastle is your only *real* chance (realistically speaking). Bob.J posted before that the cut off was around 220-230.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
You're illegible at Monash since you have commenced tertiary study. Same with Adelaide.

poodle

waaaah! i see. ah well looks like its back to law for me...
thanks heaps for your help! :)

joopeth

HSC
In reference to all these cut offs people are quoting, are they the percentile aggregates or the "UMAT SCORES" added?

Cheers
jpth

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
poodle said:
waaaah! i see. ah well looks like its back to law for me...
thanks heaps for your help! :)
lol, keep trying!! GMP is there for a reason ;)

poodle

hah thanks for the encouragement.but i hardly think that seeing how i went at umat, i could go any better at gamsat...bleh! night- hope your dreams are sweeter than mine :rolleyes:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
UMAT is quite different to GAMSAT. Its knowledge based. You can study for it like the HSC.

veridis

droog
HSC
well i only just got home and found out marks(graduation parties and all that =)) and yeah got percentiles of 99,83,100. was 100% stoked but reading through this has semi depressed me. damn you intelligent BoSers. sure i know they're still good marks but seeing others just as good isnt ever encouraging. but yeah congrats to everyone who got intrerview and to those who didnt i'm sure you'll get round 2 like me =)

bingman

HSC
Has anyone not recieved their umat results yet?
My mailman's too lazy, i dont think he showed up on friday

hmm?

hey!great work on ur results guys!! none of these are as "bad" as mine were last yr and i only just missed out on an interview so definitely keep working hard. if you still want it u can really do it!!
i havent got my results back im not at my postal address atm which is a bummer.
um, does ne1 know wen newcastle sends out its interview offers?
thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)