Umat (1 Viewer)

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Haha yeah. I wasn't sure if we had to be there by 9am of it it STARTED at 9am, so I was there at 8:15am. It sucked to have to wait until 10:30am to start! :(

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i remember thinkin i went shit..

and all those who thought they killed were lik "man.. im so in for med"

thing is... im now in med.. they arent.. cause its hard to get in without being offered any interviews :p

adrenaline88

Medicine...
HSC
UMAT 2005 was by far one of the most devastating experiences of my entire schooling life!! It looks like I'll have to settle with my first love- USyd GMP! :D

Last edited:

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
haha Velox - King of tact :p

So... how'd you go in Section 2?

*searches for copy of "How To Win Friends And Influence People...* :p

(only kidding, Velox! ;))

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i read tat :) early in my life..

no.. im still a jerk..

and no it makes them look more like a wanker

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
m111 said:
haha Velox - King of tact :p

So... how'd you go in Section 2?

*searches for copy of "How To Win Friends And Influence People...* :p

(only kidding, Velox! ;))
Haha sorry. It just seemed out of place since he/she still has 3+ years to go. Anyway...........section 2 wasn't that great, i think i stuffed up the aunty passage. My mind was drifting. I had like 10 - 15 mins to do those 4 or so questions but it took me so long since the passage was ultra boring and long.

lfc_reds2003

that aunty one was hard to follow... though thankfully the q's on it didnt require too much comprehension :D

i was seat 812 sydney 2pm session!! yay

ishq

brown?
HSC
Hahaha! We've named it "The Aunty passage!" It was long! And tedious!
Section II is so.....open to interpretations *sigh* I was unsure from the first question - you know the interview between the doctor and the man who didnt want to go to hospital. How was the doctor responding?...*sigh*

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
velox said:
Umat was EXTREMELY quiet at the sydney location. No-one spoke.
i struck a conversation with the chick sitting behind me (she was one of my old, old, friends) and soon enough the girls either side of us, and infront of us where involved in the conversation too. one of the old guys in the orange vest came and was talking to us too. You don't get kicked out if you talk while everyone else is still coming in. It was good - it woke me up.

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
ishq said:
Hahaha! We've named it "The Aunty passage!" It was long! And tedious!
Section II is so.....open to interpretations *sigh* I was unsure from the first question - you know the interview between the doctor and the man who didnt want to go to hospital. How was the doctor responding?...*sigh*
*sigh* ishq, Q1 was great... if only I could remember the options and further more the answer I selected! :rolleyes:

Haha I can't remember it at all!

"The Aunty passage"... the last one, with... Margaret getting married...
And she lived with Aunt Yvette... Yvonne...?
Was there an Isabel... Iso... I...?
And the other aunt was more concerned with how horrible it all was than how her niece actually felt.
Ohhh and the niece was uhh... "principled and"... something... easily manipulated...

"How Monica's brain works 101" - its not pretty folks :p

ishq

brown?
HSC
m111 said:
*sigh* ishq, Q1 was great... if only I could remember the options and further more the answer I selected! :rolleyes:

Haha I can't remember it at all!

"The Aunty passage"... the last one, with... Margaret getting married...
And she lived with Aunt Yvette... Yvonne...?
Was there an Isabel... Iso... I...?
And the other aunt was more concerned with how horrible it all was than how her niece actually felt.
Ohhh and the niece was uhh... "principled and"... something... easily manipulated...

"How Monica's brain works 101" - its not pretty folks :p
Its actually pretty scary - I had forgotten most of the questions by the time I got out! In the other thread, people are still discussing SIII shapes - squares and quavers and rotations... I don't know whether to be relieved or distressed
This should be a SII question...What is the person likely to be feeling?...

I'm obsessed. :p

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
ishq said:
Its actually pretty scary - I had forgotten most of the questions by the time I got out! In the other thread, people are still discussing SIII shapes - squares and quavers and rotations... I don't know whether to be relieved or distressed
This should be a SII question...What is the person likely to be feeling?...

I'm obsessed. :p
I think I'm "c. So damn over this HSC that it's not funny and can't wait for University" :rolleyes:

(I'm now taking bets on who will be the first med student to tell me how disillusioned I am and how disappointed I will actually be when I get there... :p)

shafqat

HSC
N/A
m111 said:
I think I'm "c. So damn over this HSC that it's not funny and can't wait for University" :rolleyes:

(I'm now taking bets on who will be the first med student to tell me how disillusioned I am and how disappointed I will actually be when I get there... :p)
Medicine is actually very enjoyable, and makes all the effort you put in getting into the course worthwhile. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Medicine starts out fun.

But then, while your friends are halfway to graduation, you're still just through the door...sitting in the atrium...waiting to get through to where the REAL learning happens (clinical, not ventricle).

It's a long, hard* road ... medicine wears you down something nasty.

*No phallic imagery intended.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Medicine starts out fun.

But then, while your friends are halfway to graduation, you're still just through the door...sitting in the atrium...waiting to get through to where the REAL learning happens (clinical, not ventricle).

It's a long, hard* road ... medicine wears you down something nasty.

LOL. Nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)