University ATAR cut offs (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Possible, but unlikely. Even if it does, you'd have a strong chance of getting in on second round offers

sexii_Can_I

In your shoe closet, contemplating life =)
HSC
Yeh, this is really worrying me.

I want to do Commerce at UNSW, my ATAR get's me .7 over the 96 required this year (with bonus points).

Does anyone think that the ATAR cut off could jump more than .7?
I'm in the same boat, my ATAR gets me .4 above the 96 required for International Studies at UNSW with bonus points. Fingers crossed we both get in on second round offers. =)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I'm in the same boat, my ATAR gets me .4 above the 96 required for International Studies at UNSW with bonus points. Fingers crossed we both get in on second round offers. =)
Yeh! It's gonna be a nervous wait though. :S

dp624

HSC
Don't worry guys, generally the cutoffs don't change that much from year to year, and yeah, ~1ATAR over would be pretty safe I think. They change due to supply and demand - so it depends if lots of people want to do that particular course this year or not, hahaha.
Best of luck to all those who are waiting!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I've even heard some faculties sneaking in students with ATARs just below the cutoff (ie the arts faculty at usyd). If you miss out by a tiny bit, try calling them - nothing to lose, haha!

speedofsound

HSC
Yeh, this is really worrying me.

I want to do Commerce at UNSW, my ATAR get's me .7 over the 96 required this year (with bonus points).

Does anyone think that the ATAR cut off could jump more than .7?
I can't imagine it jumping up that much, to be honest. Especially when the cut off is quite high already.

I've even heard some faculties sneaking in students with ATARs just below the cutoff (ie the arts faculty at usyd). If you miss out by a tiny bit, try calling them - nothing to lose, haha!
Thanks, even though I'm not under, that's still good for me then. :D

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Mr 99.95 sir, I need to ask you a question sir, did u go out once this year?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Mr 99.95 sir, I need to ask you a question sir, did u go out once this year?
Many times, actually =). You don't need to study all that much to get the top marks - if you trust in your ability and have a good gauge of what you do and don't know, you'll be fine.

I was even watching Australia get torn apart by Sri Lanka at the MCG on the evening before my physics exam!

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Many times, actually =). You don't need to study all that much to get the top marks - if you trust in your ability and have a good gauge of what you do and don't know, you'll be fine.

I was even watching Australia get torn apart by Sri Lanka at the MCG on the evening before my physics exam!
If you're telling the truth, hats off to you sir :p

p.s. where do u get ur titles from in ur sig - like that USYD one :)

NewiJapper

HSC
@ Bored of fail.

The cut off for law is actually around 97.5 and with the 4 bonus points I get, my ATAR goes up to 97.7 :)

NewiJapper

HSC
Will Rafy be posting a link like he did last year to see who is in our course?

red_Light

HSC
N/A
UWS cutoff for a course (psychology) shows up as 80.05 / 81, not sure which. is it possible to get in with a 73.5 ATAR if I get +5 bonus points and it's on my first preference? or should I just aim for something else?

it's a shit uni and all, but that's all i get with a shit atar.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I didn't see that thread... and I can't now because apparently it's still broken =(

Does it have BOS user names? So if it says for example... "B Random" and then it'll list BOS usernames like Absolutezero, Aquawhite, etc.?

ESSJAYBEExD

HSC
UWS cutoff for a course (psychology) shows up as 80.05 / 81, not sure which. is it possible to get in with a 73.5 ATAR if I get +5 bonus points and it's on my first preference? or should I just aim for something else?

it's a shit uni and all, but that's all i get with a shit atar.
That depends on the supply/demand. You can also do a B Arts majoring in psychology. However, this means you need to do an honours year to be able to work as a psychologist. At UWS, the 2010 cut-off for this was 70.25. If Psychology is what you really want to do, I suggest adding that to your preferences as a back up. Look at the the universities' B Arts, see the previous atar cutoffs, whether you can major in psychology (which you should be able to) and the requirements to be accredited by APAC.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Example, for 2009 entry, UNSW Combined Law was 99.40, people in the HSC class of 2009 who received 99.50 were stoked at having 'made' UNSW Law. However, this was not the case, as when the offers were released on January 20th, they were severely disappointed because the cutoff had been raised to 99.55 for 2010 entry.

well then my hopes are quickly dashing :(

was hoping to make combined law at unsw but since ive fallen more than 1.00 atar point short.. i guess i have to rely on the hopes of a scholarship or simply transfer second year

FrozenSky

HSC
What are the chances of getting into a Communications/International Studies course at UTS with an ATAR 0.65 below last year's cut-off? I'm really hoping I can scrape through as I have heard stories of people getting into courses despite being a few points below the cut-off, but as to what courses they were and why they were accepted, I don't have a clue.
Omg i'm also 0.65 away from my atar cut off for com/sci @ usyd...

gisellel

HSC
As there are no bonus points at USYD is it possible to gain entry into law at 0.95 below the required ATAR of 99.65?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)