• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

University Open Days (2 Viewers)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Mmm, what is the day usually like? Do we wonder around? Or will it be a planned day?

HSC
Yes! Usyd and UNSW. Good break from trials...

Coookies

HSC
Is there like different stalls for each course that you can just go to get info?
You don't have to book it do you?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there like different stalls for each course that you can just go to get info?
You don't have to book it do you?
Nope.

Usually universities have mini-lectures which go for about 30 minutes where the degree coordinator explains the degree in details and opens the floor to questions.

Check out the web pages for the respective Open Days; there should be information on when and where these lectures are held.

HSC
I went to like 2 lectures at usyd last year and they were PACKED...so get in early/get a weird timeslot

deswa1

HSC
Hmmmmm.

Anyone wanna organise a Bos meat for the open days lol?
I'll probs be going with school friends but if you guys are meeting up somewhere, I'll come join for a bit :)

And I'm going to UNSW and USyd (still need to make up my mind on uni) + FREE STUFF

cheepy5

HSC
Are they worth going ?
It just that i live a good 2hrs away from sydney and dont know if its worth the travel.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Are they worth going ?
It just that i live a good 2hrs away from sydney and dont know if its worth the travel.
I think the Open Days are something that you should go out of your way to go to. If you're not a local, I would presume that getting to know the facilities on campus and the surrounds would be very important.

If anyone is interested, I will try to see if I can give you a personal tour of USYD.

deswa1

HSC
I think the Open Days are something that you should go out of your way to go to. If you're not a local, I would presume that getting to know the facilities on campus and the surrounds would be very important.

If anyone is interested, I will try to see if I can give you a personal tour of USYD.
Oh yes- this would be very useful if you have time thanks :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh yes- this would be very useful if you have time thanks :)
To be honest, it's an idea we have been toying around with.

Networking with students from a university you're interested in attending outside of BoS prior to commencement can come into some use.

Is there anything you guys are interested in particular?

deswa1

HSC
To be honest, it's an idea we have been toying around with.

Networking with students from a university you're interested in attending outside of BoS prior to commencement can come into some use.

Is there anything you guys are interested in particular?
Personally I want to do Comm/Law so anything related to that but tbh, I'd be more interested in a tour of the actual place. Like the difference in teaching between either UNSW or USyd wouldn't be much and doesn't bother me, I want to know say why USyd is better than UNSW. Like why is it more fun etc. if you get where I'm coming from?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally I want to do Comm/Law so anything related to that but tbh, I'd be more interested in a tour of the actual place. Like the difference in teaching between either UNSW or USyd wouldn't be much and doesn't bother me, I want to know say why USyd is better than UNSW. Like why is it more fun etc. if you get where I'm coming from?
It wouldn't be right of me to make a judgement on that because it's all subjective.

I'll see if I can find some things which will let you make up your own mind.

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Probably UoMelb, ANU and UNSW open day, hopefully going to have a look at USYD informally on the same weekend just not the open day (save an extra trip to Sydney!)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Probably UoMelb, ANU and UNSW open day, hopefully going to have a look at USYD informally on the same weekend just not the open day (save an extra trip to Sydney!)
Don't you have to travel over 2 hours? :(

Aysce

HSC
Damnnn nice! Haha =)

UNSW and Sydney (Y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)