UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Examine

same
HSC
So what is BSoc camp like? I'm still 50/50 on whether or not to go.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You should go, I think, if you can. You can meet new people.

All camps are like this - and camps are usually for first years to get to know each other, because there isn't many camps (if any at all) exclusively for older years..

mcapuano

HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

textbook

lecture notes

(sorry, you'll understand once you start doing the course)

it's basically the biggest bludge course in history
oh well, easy marks then :p i read the outline in the handbook and it seems like they just came up with a bunch of random crap to shove into a class to differentiate advanced science/math from regular science..

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
oh well, easy marks then :p i read the outline in the handbook and it seems like they just came up with a bunch of random crap to shove into a class to differentiate advanced science/math from regular science..
You'd think so, but unfortunately my cohort learned the hard way that they 99% likely use a random number generator to assign marks for this subject :(

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Like most uni camps, at night mostly everyone is basically drunk and during the day you're doing random group activities/ice-breakers/recovering from a hangover.

Examine

same
HSC
Like most uni camps, at night mostly everyone is basically drunk and during the day you're doing random group activities/ice-breakers/recovering from a hangover.
Sounds good. How much are the tickets?

Also which societies do you guys plan to join?

williamdaft

HSC
You should go, I think, if you can. You can meet new people.

All camps are like this - and camps are usually for first years to get to know each other, because there isn't many camps (if any at all) exclusively for older years..
I'm keen!

Candidate

HSC
For people enrolled in Law, the course Crime & the Criminal Process - LAWS1021 does not have tutorials right?

Marc26

HSC
Where do you find the information for the camps and such?

Also what does it mean when my UNSW application has the status of 'matriculation'? Does anyone else have that?

Examine

same
HSC

Also what does it mean when my UNSW application has the status of 'matriculation'? Does anyone else have that?
Woah are you me? (we practically did the same subs except I did advanced hahah)

I just knew there were camps on and that they sold tickets during o-week.

Yeah I have that as well. It means you are in I think.

"To admit or be admitted into a group, especially a college or university."

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Well, camps are 99% run by societies - so, yeah. You'll have to join a society first, and then they'll probably tell you about it afterward.

Marc26

HSC
Woah are you me? (we practically did the same subs except I did advanced hahah)

I just knew there were camps on and that they sold tickets during o-week.

Yeah I have that as well. It means you are in I think.

"To admit or be admitted into a group, especially a college or university."
Heh and now we are both doing Comm @ UNSW.

Are the camps over a weekend or something?

I saw someone said that in another thread. Hopefully UNSW sheds some more info soon.

williamdaft

HSC

My status is 'matriculation' as well. Should be good..

williamdaft

HSC
Same.

Has anyone finished and clicked onto the "You're a student" part?

What happens then?
I think "You're a student" part just confirms that we've entered all the correct info about fees & help, accepting your offer, zPass.. and then we've set up our enrolment, timetables, zmail, etc.
The "you're a student" page tells us to get our Student ID and Transport Concession from FM Assist, and we'll bring our driver's license to prove our identity to collect them.
Set up your zMail if you haven't already.. https://www.it.unsw.edu.au/students/zmail/index.html
And at the bottom of the "you're a student" page just tells us to get pumped for O-Week :) and we'll register for workshops/sessions in early February I believe.
I think 2 weeks before our course start date, we get info on our fees statements, so I dunno what happens then ~ my current status says "HECS-HELP Eligible" after I completed and submitted my TFN in the hecs-help form.. do I just wait? or I have to fill some more forms?

Heh and now we are both doing Comm @ UNSW.

I saw someone said that in another thread. Hopefully UNSW sheds some more info soon.
Yeah I want to know when the camp is, and what stuff goes on in the camp?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
For people enrolled in Law, the course Crime & the Criminal Process - LAWS1021 does not have tutorials right?
nope no tutorials.

The law courses that have tutorials at UNSW are LAWS1052 - Introducing Law and Justice and LAWS2385 - Equity & Trusts (3rd year course)

Camps are usually Friday - Sunday. People who have classes on Friday usually skip it. The Faculty won't excuse your absence though. TBH I rather miss a tutorial to attend camp and have fun. BSOC Camp should be the Friday-Sunday of 1st week

Also if you are looking to go on BSOC Camp. Make sure you go to O-Week on Monday, find the Business Society Store to buy your camp tickets. You will need to pay by cash (Unless they decided to change it). Tickets usually run out within a day for BSOC Camp. Although last year lagged out a bit and sold out on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I know of only one story from BSoc Camp...

It involves an Indian guy, and two Asian girls, and subsequent actions that made this story legend.

williamdaft

HSC
Camps are usually Friday - Sunday. People who have classes on Friday usually skip it. The Faculty won't excuse your absence though. TBH I rather miss a tutorial to attend camp and have fun. BSOC Camp should be the Friday-Sunday of 1st week

Also if you are looking to go on BSOC Camp. Make sure you go to O-Week on Monday, find the Business Society Store to buy your camp tickets. You will need to pay by cash (Unless they decided to change it). Tickets usually run out within a day for BSOC Camp. Although last year lagged out a bit and sold out on Tuesday.
Cheers man! How much are the tickets? and is it worth going?

I know of only one story from BSoc Camp...

It involves an Indian guy, and two Asian girls, and subsequent actions that made this story legend.
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)