UNSW Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainPrice

HSC
Re: UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2015.

He meant it's not compulsory. Sorry, his english is a bit rusty.
Thank you, you are defs the cooler root

when ever you get bored
dw, square now I know why you got a band 4 in engrish (LOL, me with passive aggressiveness)

Okay thanks, but like if I get bored and miss out on something awesome

Dude, it's a week of fun, parties, events, free shit, free food, a lot of stuff you'll never use, outdoor cinemas on library lawn etc etc
Come whenever you like. Don't organise anything. Just get some m8s, come down, enjoy. Make sure you go to the oweek party though! Our parties are always on thursday nights :)
I didn't go for my o week party coz i was underage, I heard it was shit but you're left out of the loop for a little bit if you don't go.
I see, thanks for the advice! I should probably chill about it then haha, but it sounds great!

Over 18? dang, still 17 atm :/

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Dude, it's a week of fun, parties, events, free shit, free food, a lot of stuff you'll never use, outdoor cinemas on library lawn etc etc
Come whenever you like. Don't organise anything. Just get some m8s, come down, enjoy. Make sure you go to the oweek party though! Our parties are always on thursday nights :)
I didn't go for my o week party coz i was underage, I heard it was shit but you're left out of the loop for a little bit if you don't go.
Haha i heard otherwise. The oweek party is the best of the year.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

dw, square now I know why you got a band 4 in engrish (LOL, me with passive aggressiveness)

Okay thanks, but like if I get bored and miss out on something awesome
you won't miss out on anything lol

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Any day, as long as no details are last minute~
Ehh I'll be a bit sketchy on that as I'm busy all the time.

'Normal school days' is no more. There are a whole host of academic events that occur from 9am to 8pm, and social events continuing throughout the night.
This. I was doing Fridays 9 am to 7 pm.

_______

As for parties, I never attended anything and I'm certainly in the loop with mates (kinda because I practically went to Melbourne with a lot of them and we stayed together for 4 nights and pretty much pulled late/all nights with them for a month straight.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

anonymous said:
Hi,
You've indicated on a thread that flexible first offers no guaranteed placements in a specific engineering stream. What happens to those who are unable to transfer because of this reason?
A huge thank you for your detail responses on bos threads!
Generally what will happen is that you'll end up having to transfer into some other Engineering program. This is why I encourage someone to only do flexible first year if they are stuck on what to do with 4 or more different streams in mind. If you are stuck between two or three streams, and they are all similar, then pick one for now and then transfer into another later.

If you end up doing flexible first year, think about transferring into your desired program whenever you get the chance or have made up a decision on a general area as soon as you can.

nolimits

HSC
N/A

When main round offers are released, does UNSW send out the offer acceptance letter on that night or the day after?

Elise8842

HSC
N/A

Hi guys, a quick question, when we pick courses tmr, do we need to pick courses for the first semester only , or for both semesters in the first year? Thanks in advance :)

~

VBN2470

HSC
Uni Grad

Hi guys, a quick question, when we pick courses tmr, do we need to pick courses for the first semester only , or for both semesters in the first year? Thanks in advance :)

~
First semester only, SEM2 courses you will pick towards the end of SEM1, sometime in mid-May.

Elise8842

HSC
N/A

Anyone know how intense the competition for courses will be when main round offer is released? Like do you need to have back up plans A,B,and even C in case the courses you want gets full in few minutes?

~

VBN2470

HSC
Uni Grad

Anyone know how intense the competition for courses will be when main round offer is released? Like do you need to have back up plans A,B,and even C in case the courses you want gets full in few minutes?

~
You should be fine, there are usually plenty of tutorials that are allocated at pretty good times so you won't really be stuck with early morning or late night tutorials if that's not what you want. The earlier you enrol, the better it will be as you will have more flexbility to pick between what times you want to set your tutorials to.

This should help you too, depending on what courses you want to enrol in for SEM1, you can find a list of all the available lectures and tutorial times for that course: http://www.timetable.unsw.edu.au/current/subjectSearch.html

Hope it helps :)

Elise8842

HSC
N/A

You should be fine, there are usually plenty of tutorials that are allocated at pretty good times so you won't really be stuck with early morning or late night tutorials if that's not what you want. The earlier you enrol, the better it will be as you will have more flexbility to pick between what times you want to set your tutorials to.

This should help you too, depending on what courses you want to enrol in for SEM1, you can find a list of all the available lectures and tutorial times for that course: http://www.timetable.unsw.edu.au/current/subjectSearch.html

Hope it helps :)
Thanks heaps! :D

~

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

~
Depends on the courses you are doing.

Do keep in mind that everyone in 2nd year and above has already enrolled so it will be a bit tight if you are doing any common courses with them. However most first year courses will not be full. I think you should be fine for the first two or three days for most first year courses tbh.

Magic_in_me

HSC

Bit awkward, but does sem 1 start on the 2nd or 9th? What's the difference between teaching period T1 and T1A? Is T1A when tutorials start? Cheers.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

Bit awkward, but does sem 1 start on the 2nd or 9th? What's the difference between teaching period T1 and T1A? Is T1A when tutorials start? Cheers.
Uni will start on the 2nd of march, no tutes first week, tutes will run from the 9th onwards not 100% sure if thats difference between T1 and T1A

D94

HSC
N/A
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)