UNSW Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Re: UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2015.

Capture3.PNG

The current situation is this, i tried to go to the very last step, but it still takes me back to enrolment basket. I can see my timetable but that's it.Capture4.PNG

D94

HSC
N/A

it's gone, i think it was just an error, because i kept signing in. anyway, do you know anything about what the excluding in the first pic means? I mean it excludes compulsory courses and how do your timetable is done, because there is no continue button.
It means they are equivalent courses, so you should only do one of them.

HSC

Capture5.PNG I'm trying to fix this issue, but how come even when i tried logging in twice, discrete maths becomes like this. is it all full or something? is it because i've haven't resolve a unpermitted clash of classes? why is a single class sometimes highlighted red and sometimes normal?

So if I'm planning to transfer to commerce economics, and since ECON1201 is compulsory, but i've already enrolled in MATH 1131, which apparently is a substitute for ECON1201 according to website, does that mean I'm not required to do ECON1201 since i've done Math1131 if I get in. is that possible.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A

View attachment 31710 I'm trying to fix this issue, but how come even when i tried logging in twice, discrete maths becomes like this. is it all full or something? is it because i've haven't resolve a unpermitted clash of classes? why is a single class sometimes highlighted red and sometimes normal?
MATH1081 is full: https://my.unsw.edu.au/classutil/MATH_S1.html#MATH1081T1

A clash will be red. Can you screenshot that case when it is red and when it is normal?

So if I'm planning to transfer to commerce economics, and since ECON1201 is compulsory, but i've already enrolled in MATH 1131, which apparently is a substitute for ECON1201 according to website, does that mean I'm not required to do ECON1201 since i've done Math1131 if I get in. is that possible.
Just noticed on your timetable that you have both MATH1131 and MATH1031. You can't do both. You should probably call UNSW on Tuesday about your question.

photastic

HSC

How long does it take to add my middle name to my 'formal name' if I were to approach upfront?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

thanks guys. anom, how come I cant login with my alias for my email? e.g. firstname.lastname@student.unsw.edu.au

Why am I only allowed to login with zXXXXXXXX@zmail.unsw.edu.au?
You can't login like that.

The alias just shows that the e-mail that you are using is that alias. When someone sees your e-mail, they will see the alias if you choose to have one rather than your Z id.

How long does it take to add my middle name to my 'formal name' if I were to approach upfront?
I had this problem last year.

Fill out the form on this site https://student.unsw.edu.au/change-personal-details

This is the form if you can't be bothered reading through that site: https://student.unsw.edu.au/sites/all/files/uploads/group47/forms/Change_Name_Form.pdf

Bring ID (your licence is enough) and go to UNSW Student Central (right next to Library Lawn) and get the name change complete.

photastic

HSC

You can't login like that.

The alias just shows that the e-mail that you are using is that alias. When someone sees your e-mail, they will see the alias if you choose to have one rather than your Z id.

I had this problem last year.

Fill out the form on this site https://student.unsw.edu.au/change-personal-details

This is the form if you can't be bothered reading through that site: https://student.unsw.edu.au/sites/all/files/uploads/group47/forms/Change_Name_Form.pdf

Bring ID (your licence is enough) and go to UNSW Student Central (right next to Library Lawn) and get the name change complete.
Already prepared the paperwork but do you know if they instantly add it to my formal name? If so, I can also get my ID card on the same day.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Already prepared the paperwork but do you know if they instantly add it to my formal name? If so, I can also get my ID card on the same day.
Yes you can get it on the same day. They told me it might take an hour or so to process, but I got my student ID 30 minutes later at FM Assist. Also, tell FM Assist that you just got a name change. That way if you need to wait, then they'll tell you to wait before printing out a card that has your middle name missing from it.

I suggest you go in on a typical summer session week day where they are empty themselves. If not much has to be processed, then it should be done straight away. If Student Central is busy, then possibly it might take a while to process.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

o week meet

register interest

CaptainPrice

HSC

o week meet

register interest
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a wide range of interest from everyone. Anom said he'll be organising one soon for O-week :)

yasminee96

HSC

Any other first years doing BABS1201 or SCIF1211?
did BABS in sem 1 last year...easiest subject you'll ever do and all the exams are M/C.
Anne Galea(has a new last name now) is a great speaker.
And don't mess around too much in your labs, it'll hit u hard in the end when they mark you down for behaviour haha.

I hear scif subjects are really stupid too

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

yeah I'm doing BABS1201
the 3 hour lab is making me feel kind of depressed though

yay its easy :D and that's my lecturer haha. They mark you for your behaviour? :O
a 3 hour lab is normal

They mark you on class participation incl behaviour

CaptainPrice

HSC

What degree are you doing harry? Med?

Wow, feeling pretty grateful for my 4 day timetable now tbh :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)