• Best of luck to the class of 2020 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

SammyT123

HSC
How do I know what's being offered in the summer. Everything seems to be 2017-2018 summer dates :(

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
How do I know what's being offered in the summer. Everything seems to be 2017-2018 summer dates :(

It won't be released until mid to late September, close to when enrollment opens

SammyT123

HSC
Damn, hope comp courses run in the shorter summer sessions from next year or else I won't be able to finish my degree :(

mreditor16

HSC
Stream declaration WAM glitch should start working early next week. Law courses will be some of the first, if one is to trust previous semesters.

Anyone care to share mark predictions?

SuxMATH

HSC
N/A
Expecting some good Ds and HDs.

Also I don’t know what the fuss is about MGMT1001. Yes the reports are a hit or miss but the average for them was a credit, which is standard at UNSW.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Is wam glitch working for anyone who did econ1101

aoc

HSC
^^ Already regretting doing 1131. After doing no maths for nearly 2 years, vectors is making me go crazy.

SammyT123

HSC
According to some dude at the business school, some kids in the past have been able to re-enroll in a course they have previously passed to get a higher mark
Can anyone confirm??

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
According to some dude at the business school, some kids in the past have been able to re-enroll in a course they have previously passed to get a higher mark
Can anyone confirm??
Bullshit. Unless it's the same course but a more advanced version of it. E.g. Math 1A vs higher math 1A

SammyT123

HSC
Bullshit. Unless it's the same course but a more advanced version of it. E.g. Math 1A vs higher math 1A
they usually count your first mark anyways
He was so damn certain, I asked like 3 times. Said he knows ACTL kids who always do it.

I want to redo a core subject, and then transfer it over via IPT. Hopefully credit transfer lets me bypass that restriction.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
He was so damn certain, I asked like 3 times. Said he knows ACTL kids who always do it.

I want to redo a core subject, and then transfer it over via IPT. Hopefully credit transfer lets me bypass that restriction.
All of your subjects will be transferred over

Anyway See if myunsw lets you enroll a second time, usually it will come up with an error

Time&moretime

HSC
Asking for a friend, any suggestions on General Ed courses one can do. My friend does Bachelor of Engineering UNSW. Interested in the subject area of Finance. Heard that FINS1613 is very challenging. Any insights or experiences you wish to share? Having difficulty fitting this requirement into the timetable. :rolleyes:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
What about Personal Finance? Makes a lot of sense to do that as a stand alone finance unit for someone not studying commerce.

I helped a friend study for it and it seemed pretty well run, all of the lectures are freely available on youtube and I think there were a few in person classes. Assignments a few years ago were tracking your own finances, a few quizzes and writing a pretty comprehensive financial plan.

Time&moretime

HSC
What about Personal Finance? Makes a lot of sense to do that as a stand alone finance unit for someone not studying commerce.

I helped a friend study for it and it seemed pretty well run, all of the lectures are freely available on youtube and I think there were a few in person classes. Assignments a few years ago were tracking your own finances, a few quizzes and writing a pretty comprehensive financial plan.
Thank you. I will pass this on. Time to call the Nucleus! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)