UNSW chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

aoc

HSC
^^ Already regretting doing 1131. After doing no maths for nearly 2 years, vectors is making me go crazy.

SammyT123

HSC
According to some dude at the business school, some kids in the past have been able to re-enroll in a course they have previously passed to get a higher mark
Can anyone confirm??

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
According to some dude at the business school, some kids in the past have been able to re-enroll in a course they have previously passed to get a higher mark
Can anyone confirm??
Bullshit. Unless it's the same course but a more advanced version of it. E.g. Math 1A vs higher math 1A

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Can anyone confirm??
they usually count your first mark anyways

SammyT123

HSC
Bullshit. Unless it's the same course but a more advanced version of it. E.g. Math 1A vs higher math 1A
they usually count your first mark anyways
He was so damn certain, I asked like 3 times. Said he knows ACTL kids who always do it.

I want to redo a core subject, and then transfer it over via IPT. Hopefully credit transfer lets me bypass that restriction.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
He was so damn certain, I asked like 3 times. Said he knows ACTL kids who always do it.

I want to redo a core subject, and then transfer it over via IPT. Hopefully credit transfer lets me bypass that restriction.
All of your subjects will be transferred over

Anyway See if myunsw lets you enroll a second time, usually it will come up with an error

Time&moretime

HSC
Asking for a friend, any suggestions on General Ed courses one can do. My friend does Bachelor of Engineering UNSW. Interested in the subject area of Finance. Heard that FINS1613 is very challenging. Any insights or experiences you wish to share? Having difficulty fitting this requirement into the timetable. :rolleyes:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
What about Personal Finance? Makes a lot of sense to do that as a stand alone finance unit for someone not studying commerce.

I helped a friend study for it and it seemed pretty well run, all of the lectures are freely available on youtube and I think there were a few in person classes. Assignments a few years ago were tracking your own finances, a few quizzes and writing a pretty comprehensive financial plan.

Time&moretime

HSC
What about Personal Finance? Makes a lot of sense to do that as a stand alone finance unit for someone not studying commerce.

I helped a friend study for it and it seemed pretty well run, all of the lectures are freely available on youtube and I think there were a few in person classes. Assignments a few years ago were tracking your own finances, a few quizzes and writing a pretty comprehensive financial plan.
Thank you. I will pass this on. Time to call the Nucleus! :)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I thought it was quite valuable, I even watched all of the videos myself despite having completed a (corporate) finance major. Definitely get your friend to check out some of the videos on youtube and see if it's something they are interested in.

It covers the basics of debt, interest and time value of money, tax, insurance, super etc. with a lot of practical advice and modelling but also covered a bit about the basics of portfolio theory, diversification and risk of investments etc. which I was quite surprised to see.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Asking for a friend, any suggestions on General Ed courses one can do. My friend does Bachelor of Engineering UNSW. Interested in the subject area of Finance. Heard that FINS1613 is very challenging. Any insights or experiences you wish to share? Having difficulty fitting this requirement into the timetable. :rolleyes:

this course was piss ez

got 92 didn't even try

was just 2 x assignments when i did it

Time&moretime

HSC
Due to the COVID-19 and disruptions, I understand that some faculties are awarding either a Pass/Fail only for term 1. This will not be used in WAM calculations. How would this work?
How would students account for the affected units?
Wouldn't it be tricky if let's say, the student need to achieve high grades for all units of study for this year? :rolleyes:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Due to the COVID-19 and disruptions, I understand that some faculties are awarding either a Pass/Fail only for term 1. This will not be used in WAM calculations. How would this work?
How would students account for the affected units?
Wouldn't it be tricky if let's say, the student need to achieve high grades for all units of study for this year? :rolleyes:
It works exactly how they said it. Your mark doesn't matter how high, it won't be used as part of your WAM. They said they would account for prerequisites and what not for a course that requires a certain grade or for an honors year that requires a certain WAM etc..

Time&moretime

HSC
It works exactly how they said it. Your mark doesn't matter how high, it won't be used as part of your WAM. They said they would account for prerequisites and what not for a course that requires a certain grade or for an honors year that requires a certain WAM etc..
Thank you for your reply. If I may quote from your response, "They said they would account for....a course that requires a certain grade..." Any idea how they might do this?
If hypothetically, a student is considering applying for a different undergraduate course in the new year which requires a certain grade; would there be an explanation explaining that all students enrolled for the term for this units of study received either a Pass/Fail; when the academic record comes under review? Apologies for being tedious, I'm hoping to find some clarity. It means a lot to me as to how I make future plans for next year. ⏰

Arrowshaft

HSC
@Drdusk completely unrelated, but I can finally meet youuuuuuuu! be there at the next mathsoc event pls 😉. Also unfortunately didn't settle on physiks and switched to maths like an $|\text{madlad}|$ 😢, but still enjoy learning it in my spare time

Last edited:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
@Drdusk completely unrelated, but I can finally meet youuuuuuuu! be there at the next mathsoc event pls 😉. Also unfortunately didn't settle on physiks and switched to maths like an $|\text{madlad}|$ 😢, but still enjoy learning it in my spare time
Aye lowkey Maths is lit as long as there's no engineering because we all know how we feel about engineers haha.. ;)

I hope they start events because atm everything is cancelled from the virus :\ Maybe next term things will start up if it dies down by then.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)