UNSW ID cards (2014 students) (1 Viewer)

NFmusic1995

HSC
It says to 7th march... does that mean on our first proper lesson, 3rd March, we can get our ID cards, or do we need it for oweek and other things...

sorry for noob questions :/

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
You don't need to get it during oweek (theres usually long lines and you have to wait for ages)

I got mine in like week 2 from FM assist

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
I got mine yesterday while going to advisory day from Mathews Building. It was very quick, should not take no more than 2 minutes to get the card.

D94

HSC
N/A
When they say 'pick up', it really means take your photo on the spot and wait 2 minutes to get it printed. The process is very quick. Even if you get it during O-Week, the line isn't longer than 5-10 minutes.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe u should get it before o-week to be eligible for concession transport tickets.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
I'll go get mine hopefully before o week when I can be bothered to shave and get a haircut and actually drive to UNSW #lazylife

plutonium-238

HSC
Get enrolment into your electives ASAP and get your ID card early. If you wish to get it during o-week, enjoy waiting in line at the library (which isn't all that pleasantly short). They say ASAP to prevent the extremely long lines at the library during o-week and by long I mean it stretches from the lifts to outside the library. If you're not that busy, go to uni and pick it up, which shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Once you're done, take the M50 and treat yourself at Coogee beach :p

ifrit112

HSC
Honestly, it is not worth going all the way to uni for the ID card if you live far away.

Just go during O week IN THE MORNINGS where the line is really short (during the first hour of the day there's 4 photographers and no lines).
During mid day / afternoon the lines can be very long.

Oh also, you may need to get your name "corrected" at student services before you get your ID.
In short, it MUST be identical to the full name on your passport/drivers license/birth certificate. That includes middle name/foreign names. I never used my middle name in school, hence it was never passed on to UAC or UNSW for that matter.
This is a quick process. Just head to student central, opposite the main entrance to the library, fill in a form, then they photocopy the ID and change it for you in around half an hour. Do this before you go for your ID or you will get sent back and have to line up again.

For local students - you should also fill out the transport concession form and hand it in when getting your ID

Also, if you come more than one days, get it later on in the week when everything quietens down. First day is usually very busy, and by wednesday there is about half and very few by thursday/friday.

williamdaft

HSC
Hey guys, I'm going to UNSW some time next week to get my Student ID Card.

I've got 2 questions:

1. What proof of ID do I need to bring to get my student ID card? Is it just my driver's license?

2. On my driver's license, my name is: (first name)(middle name)(last name), but on myUNSW , it says, "You are logged on as (first name) (last name).. so does it matter if my middle name is not on the myUNSW site?, to get my student ID.. I mean, my driver's license matches the first name, last name, address and everything on my myUNSW profile, just has the middle name also.

Thanks!

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I'm going to UNSW some time next week to get my Student ID Card.

I've got 2 questions:

1. What proof of ID do I need to bring to get my student ID card? Is it just my driver's license?

2. On my driver's license, my name is: (first name)(middle name)(last name), but on myUNSW , it says, "You are logged on as (first name) (last name).. so does it matter if my middle name is not on the myUNSW site?, to get my student ID.. I mean, my driver's license matches the first name, last name, address and everything on my myUNSW profile, just has the middle name also.

Thanks!
What's ever on your myUNSW site on personal information, your formal name will appear on your card. A normal driver's license shall do.

Altogether it should take no longer than 2 minutes for the whole process.

williamdaft

HSC
What's ever on your myUNSW site on personal information, your formal name will appear on your card. A normal driver's license shall do.

Altogether it should take no longer than 2 minutes for the whole process.
Ahhhh.. I saw my personal information.. it says my formal name is (first name)(middle name)(last name) so exactly same as my driver's license..

It's all good! Sweet thanks :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
if u did it any other way, u would have done it wrong.
Some say that it looks like an arms dealer.

Some say that it might even look like a terrorist.

All we know is that its called anomalousdecay.

EDIT:
Clint Eastwood reference:

Any which way but loose; Any which way you can.

Last edited:

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
So ceebs to head to UNSW b4 o week but I might gaaah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)