UNSW ID cards (2014 students) (1 Viewer)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Can somebody upload what the concession card looks like, please and thank you.

tashe

HSC
N/A
I haven't got mine yet but I thought it was just a sticker on your UNSW ID card.

D94

HSC
N/A
Can somebody upload what the concession card looks like, please and thank you.
I haven't got mine yet but I thought it was just a sticker on your UNSW ID card.
I've got my I.D but I just wanna get concession - so I guess I just go there during O Week.
Assuming nothing has changed since when I got my card, when you get your ID card, the concession "sticker" is actually printed onto the card in the top right hand corner. It will have the year and transport logo. Then every year after that, they put an actual sticker on it with the year/logo.

You would have had to fill in a concession form, so if you did that, the concession should be printed on your card.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Assuming nothing has changed since when I got my card, when you get your ID card, the concession "sticker" is actually printed onto the card in the top right hand corner. It will have the year and transport logo. Then every year after that, they put an actual sticker on it with the year/logo.

You would have had to fill in a concession form, so if you did that, the concession should be printed on your card.
Is it a red circle printed that says "2014" in black on it?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
When I got my card a couple of weeks ago, it was engraved.

I went with my brother the other day and he got reissued with a 2014 sticker instead of a engraved card.

I think it's an option, getting a sticker or engraved.

williamdaft

HSC
Is it a red circle printed that says "2014" in black on it?
Yep this should be your concession within your student card. It's the coloured circle that includes the year which you will change every year obviously for the sake of concession travel.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Almost certainly. Does it have a transport logo?
It has the transport ferry, bus and train signs engraved within the circle. It also has a yellow centre.

For 2015 do we just get a sticker to re-new them like our old 2013 ones from school?

Thanks guys.

D94

HSC
N/A
It has the transport ferry, bus and train signs engraved within the circle. It also has a yellow centre.

For 2015 do we just get a sticker to re-new them like our old 2013 ones from school?

Thanks guys.
Yep, that's the concession stamp/sticker, and yes, when you renew it in 2015, they will just put a sticker on top of that.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Why is the contrast for the photos so badddd? It makes me look so black :(
Got my student ID card today, I have to say, I can't agree with you more that the contrast for the photos are very poor. In my case, it made me look so much paler than was my actual complexion, similar to a ghost, I thought my high school photo IDs were the worst photographs of me, and now, the photo on my student ID card is on a whole new level-at least 10 times worse.... my only consolation is that at least I am smiling so it doesn't look like I am doing a mug shot as if I was a prisoner or something....

tashe

HSC
N/A
Does that mean the same id card stays with us for the duration of our course?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Does that mean the same id card stays with us for the duration of our course?
Probably so, I heard that the ID card lasts for three years, don't know what happen after three years is over though...

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Got my student ID card today, I have to say, I can't agree with you more that the contrast for the photos are very poor. In my case, it made me look so much paler than was my actual complexion, similar to a ghost, I thought my high school photo IDs were the worst photographs of me, and now, the photo on my student ID card is on a whole new level-at least 10 times worse.... my only consolation is that at least I am smiling so it doesn't look like I am doing a mug shot as if I was a prisoner or something....

Don't worry they are all bad.

In the end, UNSW has made us stand out from the crowd by making us look completely different.

So much so that I showed it to all my high school friends because of how funnily bad mine was.

Even my licence photo is better and there is no smile in that :p

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Probably so, I heard that the ID card lasts for three years, don't know what happen after three years is over though...
After the 3 years you have to get a new one (which should be free).

Hopefully in three years time they get new cameras and better lighting.

Reactions: D94

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)