UNSW O-Week 2006 (1 Viewer)

salubrious

HSC
N/A
thanks!
andrew, i'm just curious what brought you from california to UNSW??

salubrious

HSC
N/A
sorry, i didn't know.
i live close to the one within the 90210 area code range and am moving to Sydney next month so i was just wondering what you were up to. i'd imagine b.h in sydney is quite a bit different and probably substantially nicer. i'll have to visit sometime soon.

andrew_q

HSC
Ah I see what you mean...

Beverly Hills down here aint that glamorous..

They do have palm trees in the middle of the roads though, but apart from that its nothing like the one in CA

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Sounds like a rather interesting week! I'll probably head to the science one!

Btw, sooo you recommend us getting the diaries + ID cards like between 19th Januray [cos that's when we accept the enrolment] & o-week?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
NOT DURING O WEEK, at least a few weeks before

the crowds getting diaries and id cards during oweek are terrible

elfm

HSC
if you have nothing else to do and have friends with you, it's not too bad

gman03

HSC
you can get the diaries AFTER O-Week, say on your way to your first tuesday lecture for example.

Enjoy O-Week Everyone!

is a roflcopter
HSC
Just a message to all those that are involved in a club or society, please hand in your o week stall forms to the casoc office or anyone else in the guild :)

kate.kate

HSC
is it possible to get your id card after o-week? i definately can't get to sydney before saturday the 18th.. unless they're open on w/e's which i doubt.. i'll have to wait until monday of o-week =o( can you reccomend me a time to do it in?

grimreaper

HSC
kate.kate said:
is it possible to get your id card after o-week? i definately can't get to sydney before saturday the 18th.. unless they're open on w/e's which i doubt.. i'll have to wait until monday of o-week =o( can you reccomend me a time to do it in?
You dont have to get it in o week. You could just wait until after o week when the line wont be so huge

Idyll

HSC
I think they open at something like 8am during o-week. I can't imagine there'd be much of a queue then...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
There's going to be queues this year because they lost the database of photos, I was told that any photo taken before the start of last year are all gone.

gman03

HSC
redslert said:
There's going to be queues this year because they lost the database of photos, I was told that any photo taken before the start of last year are all gone.
THAT explains why I wasn't asked to take a new photo.... I got a new card at the end of last semester because I dropped one in Carlingford Court....

Look at my collection of ID card... three of them are blue!

sunny

meh.
HSC
gman03 said:
Look at my collection of ID card... three of them are blue!
I two white ones! Now I feel old...

I would avoid oweek and week 1 - get it during these times if you really really really have no other choice.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
haha i already got my id card like long time ago

uts has a 0-day mon-tues- drop by - coz someone might give u a free what they call it- them mp3 cards u slide in ur comp ?

anyways thanks to guys like andrew for making o-days work
ill be there- prob thursday coz i have orientation that day

im very weary of unsw coz its such a big uni

thats why i didnt wanna ggo

i hope that o day will make things right for me
cheers :wave:

sunny

meh.
HSC
rithvikt said:
what is this o week..?
andrew_q said:
<B>So... What exactly is O-Week?</B>

O-Week is an entire week of the UNSW year just for you. It helps new students to discover the campus, its community and the opportunities available for you to make the most out of your time at UNSW.

O-Week 2006 features a welcome from your School or Faculty, tours of the campus and library so you don't get lost, heaps of opportunities to meet people, and loads of freebies including your very own student diary.

Also during the day all of UNSW's 150+ clubs and societies will be out in force, so you can check out what they have to offer and join them. (For example, faculty societies, anime, sci-fi, movies, and sport societies such as rugby, tennis, badminton - the works!) We also have the biggest parties of the year featuring great live entertainment, both day and night.
First post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)