UNSW O-Week 2006 (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Ouch, that reminds me, the unsw ID card photos are like so blurry + stretched!

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
I find that the weather during O-Week is pretty mediocre (showers/cloudy). This will be my 3rd O-Wk and the weather is still as disappointing as ever.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Cloudy weather is the best cause you don't get tired..:)

P.S: Whose going to the comedy thing tonight? Hopefully it will be as good as it was last year!

Last edited:

Rekkusu

HSC
Actually, it doesn't take long. When I got my id card it was pretty fast, the only thing is that you gotta fill out that form for concession in your UNSW card. Cos you no longer need that orange card as concession, your unsw id card becomes the concession proof.

Btw, did u guys find the orientation thing from 2pm - 4pm useful? I probably plan to do my own orientation since I know almost most of my classes...

Though yeah, never ever get your Id card during o-week. I suppose you could either get it really late like 7pm during o-week, otherwise get it like before you start uni courses on Monday.

Vylen

HSC
Rekkusu said:
Actually, it doesn't take long. When I got my id card it was pretty fast, the only thing is that you gotta fill out that form for concession in your UNSW card. Cos you no longer need that orange card as concession, your unsw id card becomes the concession proof.
see, this is weird.. i went and got my ID card well before O-week in the morning, and i didnt have to fill out the concession form... i was practically clueless when i went...

Me (slowly): "Uhm, im here to collect my ID card....... i think i should be able to now"
Girl at counter: "Haha, well, whats your name and ill check"

and it went on from there... no forms no nothing... just showed her my old passport.. she also told me about the green circle on the ID card being student concession now...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
sikeveo said:
no wonder it takes so long :(
especially for re-enrolling students, cause apparently(?) they lost the database of photos so EVERYONE needs a new photo

sunny

meh.
HSC
Vylen said:
see, this is weird.. i went and got my ID card well before O-week in the morning, and i didnt have to fill out the concession form... i was practically clueless when i went...

Me (slowly): "Uhm, im here to collect my ID card....... i think i should be able to now"
Girl at counter: "Haha, well, whats your name and ill check"

and it went on from there... no forms no nothing... just showed her my old passport.. she also told me about the green circle on the ID card being student concession now...
She probably couldn't be bothered telling you to fill the form in, since she can probably check whether you're eligble for concession on the computer.

Rekkusu

HSC
out of curiousity, does anyone know when our WebCTs become activated? Because I tried entering my normal unsw ID + Password, but it kept saying invalid...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
out of curiousity, does anyone know when our WebCTs become activated? Because I tried entering my normal unsw ID + Password, but it kept saying invalid...
Have you agreed to the online IT agreement statement thingo.

Or is that just for Mail and MyUNSW

Rekkusu

HSC
Ah phew, I think it was because I kept trying to login into WebCT Vista, that one is for specific institutions. The Web CT CE4 is alright :p

Weird today the espot wasn't too crowded, the line was like going just outside the slab of concrete with the E.

Abtari

HSC
e-spot wasnt crowded that much yesterday either.. well it sort of ebbed and flowed a bit, as in, it depended on which time of the day u went..

lol, did anyone see that sign near the side of the campus closest to anzac pde.. noddy's on-kampus hairdressers 'for humans'.. wth

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I went there today, attended the science thing. The lecture room was cold, the Dean fellow was quite funny, and I showed myself around campus because I couldn't be bothered to sit around for 2 hours having a barbeque. I'll find everything bymyself eventually. I also joined the universities young labor dealie, that was quite groovy.

All in all, a nice, well organised but ultimately pointless day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)