UNSW Sem 1 Final Exams Thread (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
My guess would be around 15% HD (not completely sure though tbh, it could even be something much lower like 10%).

Haha, don't worry I'm sure like 95% of the cohort will be feeling this way. Just pace yourself throughout the exam and you should be fine (2 hrs is not very long).

Good luck to both of you for your exam :)
Thanks heaps VBN.

I'm still learning new content, that's the problem. :/ Feeling the regrets of not keeping up to date during the semester.

Also, VBN, how much of time is an issue? Could you elaborate?? How many people will typically finish??

mreditor16

HSC
Also, VBN, for MATH1151 final, do they give the standard normal probability table to us and does it have the normal probability integral on it, if the table is given in the exam?

HSC
Uni Grad
Also, VBN, for MATH1151 final, do they give the standard normal probability table to us and does it have the normal probability integral on it, if the table is given in the exam?
Iirc the standard normal probability table has to be given to you - as if you're going to memorize all of those values.

VBN2470

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks heaps VBN.

I'm still learning new content, that's the problem. :/ Feeling the regrets of not keeping up to date during the semester.

Also, VBN, how much of time is an issue? Could you elaborate?? How many people will typically finish??
Time will be an issue if you make it an issue. You'll need to pace yourself throughout the paper, if you're stuck, just move on to the next question. I don't think too many people finish the whole paper tbh, but there's always that one kid that finishes half an hour early and gets nearly 100%. Spend around 25 mins for the first 2 question, and 50 mins for the last two (easier said than done) and you should be OK. Yeah, just make sure you don't leave the content in the last minute for 1251 since it requires a bit more work (both Algebra and later parts of Calculus) and can massively screw people up for finals if they're not adequately prepared etc.

Normal tables will be given, they have to otherwise there is no way to answer those probability questions requiring numerical answers haha (includes the normal integral, but you won't need to use it, since the table already accounts for those values), very similiar to past papers questions.

mreditor16

HSC
Time will be an issue if you make it an issue. You'll need to pace yourself throughout the paper, if you're stuck, just move on to the next question. I don't think too many people finish the whole paper tbh, but there's always that one kid that finishes half an hour early and gets nearly 100%. Spend around 25 mins for the first 2 question, and 50 mins for the last two (easier said than done) and you should be OK.

Yeah, just make sure you don't leave the content in the last minute for 1251 since it requires a bit more work (both Algebra and later parts of Calculus) and can massively screw people up for finals if they're not adequately prepared etc.

Normal tables will be given, they have to otherwise there is no way to answer those probability questions requiring numerical answers haha (includes the normal integral, but you won't need to use it, since the table already accounts for those values), very similiar to past papers questions.
Thanks heaps VBN, definitely learned from this semester for the next one! :)

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
CVEN2401 exam tomorrow, shittest course no info on final, anyone done this before and can tell me what its like??

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Time will be an issue if you make it an issue. You'll need to pace yourself throughout the paper, if you're stuck, just move on to the next question. I don't think too many people finish the whole paper tbh, but there's always that one kid that finishes half an hour early and gets nearly 100%. Spend around 25 mins for the first 2 question, and 50 mins for the last two (easier said than done) and you should be OK. Yeah, just make sure you don't leave the content in the last minute for 1251 since it requires a bit more work (both Algebra and later parts of Calculus) and can massively screw people up for finals if they're not adequately prepared etc.

that can be said for any math course tbh..

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
how's study for your math exam going? unless you're done
hmm im alright, can get the core stuff done for algebra, its just the extra stuff which determines D/HD which will probably fuck me, i am severly fucked for calculus tho, should start soon on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)