Update me on VSU (1 Viewer)

walrusbear

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Agreed (Of course Generator's post as well). I think a large part of the discussion relating to VSU is fuelled by differing expectations of University, and it's painfully obvious that we're never going to agree on it when some people see it primarily as an education and nothing else, while others value it more as a place to soak up the atmosphere, etc.
and as a national and social benefit
'education' seems to be under different conceptions too

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Monday 2.30, but you'll probably need to get in by about 2 because they're only letting 50 people in besides the VIP's.

walrusbear

HSC
are you joking?

how come i haven't seen it advertised at all?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
walrusbear:

The Great Debate

I regret to inform you that this event has been cancelled due to
circumstances beyond our control. We apologise for the late notice.

Paul McJannett
General Manager, University of Sydney Union

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message. Thank you. Please note that any views expressed in this message are those of Kay Searle and not The University of Sydney Union.

No idea what happened there, but I'd assume one of them pulled out or something.

walrusbear

HSC
withoutaface said:
walrusbear:

The Great Debate

I regret to inform you that this event has been cancelled due to
circumstances beyond our control. We apologise for the late notice.

Paul McJannett
General Manager, University of Sydney Union

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message. Thank you. Please note that any views expressed in this message are those of Kay Searle and not The University of Sydney Union.

No idea what happened there, but I'd assume one of them pulled out or something.
goddammit

i finally saw some advertising for it too
in a toilet stall in wentworth

Generator

HSC
N/A
I'm sure that some of you already know of this, but for those who do not, Abbott pulled out following on from advice given by the NSW Police. From what I heard (ABC), the Abbott's personal safety couldn't be guaranteed if violence managed to break out given the layout of the venue.

Edit: They'll be discussing it on 702 Sydney in a moment or two.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200508/s1442786.htm

Last edited:

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't think his life was endangered, but some people might have been planning a stunt.
Interesting that Gillard's life was not in jeopardy.
gillard's party isn't pushing through a very shit and unpopular policy through

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
walrusbear said:
If Gillard was PM and had control of the senate she'd push through plenty of shit and unpopular policies.

walrusbear

HSC
withoutaface said:
If Gillard was PM and had control of the senate she'd push through plenty of shit and unpopular policies.
like?
relevance?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
What a well thoughtout set of premises there...

Gillard isn't pushing a shit policy; Shit is a matter of perspective.
Gillard isn't pushing an unpopular policy; I disagree about VSU being unpopular, i know BOS polls aren't the most accurate but I feel it's somewhere around 50/50. Also keep in mind the ammount of advertising anti-vsu supporters have been throwing out there (millions of dollars worth).

The reason why Gillard is safe and Abbot is not is because the more violent people (over this issue) are on Gillard's side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)