Urmmm ? (1 Viewer)

Bree.Leigh

HSC
ok so i want to be a psychologist and i want to study at the university of wollongong, which means i need a uai of at least 90.00, the only problem is my high school, although im not sure of our exact ranking, im sure is really low, last year the highest uai result at my school was 73..

so i want to change to st marys senior, which is def up there, im pretty sure in the top 10.. so im gonna apply for there this year, where i believe i have a better chance of getting a higher uai, but what happens if i don't get accepted?

does anyone think it's possible to get a 90.00 uai at a school where the highest last year was 73?

michael1990

HSC
Its always possible.

Are you good at the subjects you're currently undertaking?
If so, then if you stay at that school you can always get a UAI >90.

Make sure you're ranked number 1 in all your subjects and then do the best in the HSC and you will get an awesome UAI.

hairspray

HSC
It is possible to get a UAI of 90+ no matter what school you go to.
i go to a high school that isnt ranked in the top 200 (to be more specific my high is ranked around the 450's...) but last year a girl got a UAI of 96!

sannous1

HSC
Ye its true, no matter what school you go to, anyone is possible to get a uai of 100. As long as the person is willing to work , it is possible, if the student dosen't want to learn, thats there bad luck. So don't change schools, just make sure ur always up to date with your work, and always follow the syllabus

champo14

HSC
foram said:
You don't need to even try to get a UAI >73. Why would a person need to abandon their social life just for an okay UAI?
There are so many things I want to say to you, but I can't decide what.

So I'll just leave it at this:

You sir, are a baboon.

I think your signature says it all.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
A UAI of 90+ is possible at any school - as long as you're willing to put the effort in. :)

tanna

HSC
Yeah, I agree with Aerath and co. Anything is possible!

And also, if you're not happy with the exams/assessments your school is giving you, you could always get an exam paper that other schools received from the resource section and see how you measure up.

Good luck!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
i attend a school that was last year ranked 464.
coffs harbour highschool to be exact.

im not sure of last years top uai, but i know one was 89.

i know for a fact 4 years ago we got a 92.

my year and teachers are hoping for early to high 90s this year from at least 4 of us.

its possible, as previously stated. if you enjoy you school, stay.
if you feel limited and desperately want to move, go.
but i think its important to be in a positive learning environment if you want to succeed to your full potential

champo14

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
i attend a school that was last year ranked 464.
coffs harbour highschool to be exact.

im not sure of last years top uai, but i know one was 89.

i know for a fact 4 years ago we got a 92.

my year and teachers are hoping for early to high 90s this year from at least 4 of us.

its possible, as previously stated. if you enjoy you school, stay.
if you feel limited and desperately want to move, go.
but i think its important to be in a positive learning environment if you want to succeed to your full potential
A positive environment, yes. But not one that isn't going to push you to get that higher UAI. For example, you could rank 1st in all subjects, which isn't really going to motivate you to study and work harder before the HSC.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Aerath said:
A UAI of 90+ is possible at any school - as long as you're willing to put the effort in. :)
I agree, highlighted section been important.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
champo14 said:
A positive environment, yes. But not one that isn't going to push you to get that higher UAI. For example, you could rank 1st in all subjects, which isn't really going to motivate you to study and work harder before the HSC.
i would rephrase that as "one that isnt going to push you to your potentials uttmost limits"
which in theory would then result in a high uai.

(i know what youre saying though; in my modern history class, theres a great atmosphere, we all bounce off each other.
in our half yearlies, there was 20 marks between my top mark and the next mark in a test out of 65.
i got alot of 9 1/2, 9's, 23 instead of 25, etc where, yes, i could have got 10s or 24s.
but, my teacher acknowledges the need to, with such a gap, keep me from getting cocky and complacent. which is why he picks at every flaw and brings me down a few notches on technicalities.)

you need a drive, whether it comes from other peers, or, failing that, your teachers assistence.

F-O-B

HSC
Although it may prove to be a bit harder, not having as many academically orientated ppl around you, as say the more higher ranking schools in your area...if you can put in the effort, i dont see why you couldn't get 90+ regardless of what school u attend. =)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Lol, although by definition if yo u go well in a small class, you'd be able to rip uni, since Uni doesn't really have peers to pressure you into study/work.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
Wow I agree with foram on something, if I got that UAI i would jump of a bridge, or just get a job at McDonalds
Well, I wouldn't mind UAI of 73 as long as I know that I tried my best. It would be unlikely to get UAI of 73 if I really worked hard/smart but I wouldn't mind getting that as long as I know that I tried my best.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Maybe the person who got a UAI of 73 only needed a UAI of 73? Or maybe he/she already had a career that he/she was already satisfied with, and didn't really commit to his/her HSC.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yeah, but 73 was the highest UAI...

michael1990

HSC
Aplus said:
Yeah, but 73 was the highest UAI...
I thought our school was bad. We only recieved a UAI last year of 80 something.

Bree.Leigh

HSC
foram said:
I don't understand how 73 could be dux. Thats a suicide-worthy UAI.

.. yea it is, and it was the highest..

i dunno im not happy at my school and its current hsc achievements, guess ill just have to do my best until i find out if i got into this other school ...

thanks guys

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
But at the end of the day, some people don't want to take their UAI seriously, and in some country towns, you'd be pretty lucky to get a cohort of 5 students in Year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)