Using case study historians for Q1? (1 Viewer)

kitchentable

HSC
My teacher basically burned me at the stake for using AJP Taylor, an historian from our case study, in my trial question one. She said this is extremely frowned upon by markers.
My question is though, how are they to know my case study was appeasement? How do they know I wasn't doing a different case study and came accross Taylor in another way.
Have your teachers said anything to you about using case study historians in question one? Is it seriously not okay?

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I guess you could play it safe and work on other historians in relation to Q1.. Is Taylor (in your plans) a necessary part of forming your answer for Q1?

I haven't come across this before and I may be wrong but I wouldn't think it'd be a problem, seeing as you can't copy the same argument to both questions. Also I'd imagine that Q1 and 2 are marked by separate markers.

I think you'd most likely be fine if you did (someone correct me if they know otherwise) but also prepare to answer without Taylor as well, just in case.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I actually teach G.R. Elton for Elizabeth and as an historian for Q. 1 - and have had students do extremely well. The questions are marked by different markers.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
I study Elizabeth and I also use Elton in my Q1 essays. You should be fine as AJP Taylor's works extend far beyond studies of appeasement (as long as you aren't info dumping from your case study)

kitchentable

HSC
I study Elizabeth and I also use Elton in my Q1 essays. You should be fine as AJP Taylor's works extend far beyond studies of appeasement (as long as you aren't info dumping from your case study)
Thanks that's really helpful. I was planning on talking about Taylor as a 'television historian' for question 1, so it would have nothing to do with appeasement, but my teacher was still a bit weird about it. Thanks again.

kitchentable

HSC
I actually teach G.R. Elton for Elizabeth and as an historian for Q. 1 - and have had students do extremely well. The questions are marked by different markers.
I thought so. Thanks so much, that's really helpful :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)