• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

USYD vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Seriously though, if you've got Politik and Nebuchanezzar as the primary ambassador's of your uni, you know you're in shit trouble.
Why did I have to be brought into your bickerfest. I'm merely offering my support for the university that's not in a hellhole (aka Redfern).

like who cares what a building looks like...its not like its ur house that u have to show people

Conspirocy

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Why did I have to be brought into your bickerfest.

How about we just go have a drink at Oktoberfest! Seriously, much more productive use of everyones time!

Bendent

HSC
brogan77 said:
Seriously though, if you've got Politik and Nebuchanezzar as the primary ambassador's of your uni, you know you're in shit trouble.

Nuff said.
because most unsw ppl dont even care about other unis to care about defending themselves on here.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
um, Broadway =/= Redfern.
Broadway is a street, at most a very small district in which I don't put USyd within. If you want to put it on a street, put it on City Road, not Broadway. USyd =/= Broadway. USyd = Redfern, Darlington, Camperdown.

phrred

HSC
politik said:
It must be the Abo's that does it.

I think MoonlightSonata's post can be summed up quite easily. USYD is stuck in Medievil Britain, with it's politics, 'traditions' (which are all borrowed from UK universities), sandstone, inflexibility towards change, etc. UNSW is a modern, fun, intelligent university. USYD's arts faculty is prestigious. UNSW's Engineering/Commerce/Science faculties are world beating. USYD and UNSW are on par with Medicine, with USYD holding a slight edge over the introduction of MBBS/Music. USYD's students are more liberal and teeter towards the description of marxist, and UNSW's students are more economic and so-forth. USYD holds onto traditions. UNSW looks towards the future. USYD invests heavily on research. UNSW invests in buildings.
Thats actually a surprisingly accurate post- especially the USYD holding onto traditions n unsw looking to the future

UNSW invests in buildings because most of the campus was a shit hole a couple of decades ago but theyve still managed to gain millions in research grants

thing i like about USYD that UNSW lacks is its pride. so many people wear those USYD jumpers. I was at usyd on a rainy day and deadset most people walking there had USYD umbrellas , its pretty lame but it shows they got so much pride for their uni

Last edited:

Raginsheep

HSC
Seriously this thread has degenerated into a compete farce. Just get over it, grow up and be glad your not going to a real, dodgy university in some backwater country.

HSC
politik said:
Oh noes! The vilification is just too much, DONT BRING OTHERS INTO IT, ITS DISCRIMINATION.

Go complain to today tonight about it fucktard.
oooooohhhh please stop it your scaring me..:uhoh:

oh and SYDNEY is better then nsw

one of the reasons why is coz you dont go there:uhhuh:

Conspirocy

HSC
okay how about everyone say one bad thing about their uni that they would like to improve, so that people get a different perspective

i'll start

unsw has cut tutorial classes for commerce from 2 hours to a measly 1 hour, which is just not enough in your 2nd/3rd year subjects for commerce

dora_18

HSC
politik said:
Uh, don't you mean ditto? Maybe you should google 'touche' you grammatically-challenged moron
hahah ,you're such a dickhead it cannot be fathomed. Think before you write things.
Now i know you're going to dwell back a few pages and sit there for about 20mins before coming to the conclusion that you were wrong anyway-so i'll spare you the trouble and bring all this waffle to a finish

:get a life.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I really don't think that's a selling point of the university. Each is in the inner metro area, and each is far enough from the center of the CBD to have to catch a bus there. USyd is closer, but it's not as if you could really say it's that much of a benefit to get a bus trip that's a whole 3 minutes shorter.
I walk from Central every day, takes 10 mins.

HSC
politik said:
Haha "Sydney is better than NSW". And is Melbourne better than Victoria?
politik said:
What? You realised that you don't know the difference between 'ditto' and 'touche'? Okay cool. Oh, and I can keep at this for a long time. Just keep posting around the forum, and i'll keep lambasting every little mistake you make.
you see this thread is about the sydney university and the nsw university...now next time i type something i'll make it obvious so that you could understand it ...

Always

HSC
oh my lord.

not mentioning any names, some of you really need to find a hobby.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Lunatic said:
No way, UNSW has a fucking shit admin. I had to go to 8 different offices before I could get an answer to a fucking simple question. Also, the fucking heads of department won't let you walk into their offices. FUCKING made me send him an email!

What a cocksucking fagnugget.

Note: a professor of business law or some other gay field, ie more anal than Mardi Gras
I've talked to the BEES, BABS and education offices countless times, and it's always been straight foward and friendly. The course convenors and heads of schools are always there to help out, and the advice is friendly and helpful. The only time they've been less than friendly is when I emailed Paul Chandler during his holiday, and that was before I was a student.

Of course, your problem may lie in talking to people from faculties such as commerce and law.

I walk from Central every day, takes 10 mins.
You completely missed the point of what we were talking about. Well done.

-=-=-=-

In conclusion, look at how personal this has gotten. If you wish to avoid people like this, go to UWS where you'll have a wonderful life of mediocrity.

Conspirocy

HSC
politik said:
Go cry about it to someone else. Most FCE subjects don't need two hour tutes, save Mathematical ones.
deadset ur a first year, who has another 4 years to go...go cry about how 'everyone' bags unsw...ur missing the point buddy, the only good point they have made is that ur talking crap, and if u want to avoid ppl who talk crap on forums avoid unsw. Same could be said about some of the usyd ppl

man i think half the shit ppl have said is crap, but man u gotta rise above the bullshit, not sink down to their level, all ur doing is making urself look bad...ur talking crap about everything, and best part is u have experiance with nothing.

now look what u did, i spilt my water hahaha i was thirsty

Conspirocy

HSC
wikiwiki said:
No way, UNSW has a fucking shit admin. I had to go to 8 different offices before I could get an answer to a fucking simple question. Also, the fucking heads of department won't let you walk into their offices. FUCKING made me send him an email!

What a cocksucking fagnugget.

Note: a professor of business law or some other gay field, ie more anal than Mardi Gras
Usually if u have to go to 8 different offices to get a question, i think u might be a little lost...thats happened to me lol i was lost

if it was business law, thats probably the facualty that ive had the best experiance with at uni personally...they are always available if they are in their office...sometimes they will make u wait for them...

lecturers do have consultation times, generally not going in those times would mean ur annoying them ...Also they actually respond to emails outside of their consultation times, other facualties dont do that...but then again, i can see what u said happening as well, some lecturers completely rate themselves as gods gift to their subject, but isnt that everywhere, i think its more the person

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
It was raining today. USyd students would have had to endure a long crappy walk from the pit of Sydney (Redfern), or an even longer yet slightly better walk from Central in the rain. That would have been totally uncool. UNSW students on the other hand have an air conditioned, dry, comfortable bus. Yet another reason to pick UNSW.

HSC
why is it that whenever people talk about universities, the only people that argue that their uni is being better then the rest are those who come from unsw or usyd?

Always

HSC
I thought the petty school rivalry thing would stay in high school, but apparently not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)