UWS Medicine Help plz (1 Viewer)

MUSE13

HSC
Uni Grad
BMedSc/BE(Mech(BioMed)) @ USyd

shut up slut. I'd prefer someone that has logic skills (UMAT) than someone that sticks their head into textbooks all day.
+1 so true , i know lots of people who didn't do well in school but still ended up becoming great doctors your HSC mark doesn't correlate with your ability to do medicine e.g i know a girl who got a low atar, she went to TAFE then went on to uni to do nursing, she did 2 years of nursing then transferred to medicine, and she's a great doctor. so your right, your atar if anything is just a means to shorten the number of applications...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
no u didn't lol

and as I recall correctly, Im pretty sure I did less than you in both umat and hsc

tough break kid.
did you get an interview from UNSW?

Because if you get any higher than me in umat you would've gotten interview. :/

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi, If you are from the Greater Western Area the required ATAR will be 93.55. If you are not from the Greater Western Area, the required ATAR will be 95.40.To find out if you fall within the Greater Western Area please visit the UWS Medicine website: www.uws.edu.au/medicine, or contact the Course Information Line on 1300 897 669 or study@uws.edu.au. Best regards, UWS Course Info.

Bearman

HSC
aim for 98.5+ ATAR and 93rd %ile+ UMAT (assuming you performly relatively evenly across all sections). it helps if you also live in GWS

frankly, you're going to need to be able to study properly to get through medicine, it is a content-heavy course. it is nice to think that being kind and versatile and all those other qualities is enough to make you a good doctor, but it's all useless if you're unwilling/unable to memorise all the medical knowledge (which dwarfs however much you'll learn in the HSC).

of course, i definitely don't mean to scare anyone away from the course. if you have a decent work ethic, you'll adapt. if you don't, you're fucked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)