Status
Not open for further replies.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
its just like 2 schools

say, granville boys and james ruse

sure, granville boys might have a smart kid or whatever, but ruse is better
how so? id rather go to granville boys anyway than be surrounded by nerdy asians...we played them in sport...and because theyre asian and bad at sport we beat them lol

aka ur basing ur thesis from results in total...lol

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
This is why UWS is shit. People who like this song go there.
Yes, I am sure not a single USYDer likes that song :rolleyes:

People at MQ like it and I see people streaming it on their laptops all the time.

Grow a sense of humour and stop being a snob...honestly if you wonder why people think Usyders as stuff and snobby thats a prime example.

Bananaberry

HSC
Seems like the concensus of USYD/UNSW people posting here is that they think they are better than UWS students. You are not, no matter what you say. You are a person who made a particular personal choice. As I gave example in my previous post, people choose to go to a particular uni for all sorts of reasons. What do you think about UWS students who have transferred to USYD/UNSW. They were "Dumb" enough to get into UWS, so why did USYD/UNSW let them in?

You cant justify that people go to UWS becuase they are dumb or did not get a high enough ATAR. All people who get into uni and graduate should be commended that they were able to get into a tertiary institution and work hard enough to graduate. Getting picky and judging people on music taste in relation to what uni they go to is down right pathetic. Grow the fuck up

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Come on, guys.

Let's move past judging people on what university they go to and instead, judge them on what degree they do. :tongue:

For example, I'd think that a UWS arts student is just as useless as a UNSW or USYD one. :shoot:

Or that a UWS law student is going to be as just as much of an annoying wanker than a MQ or UTS one.

UWS engineering students are probably just as socially retarded as their other-uni brethen.

And UWS commerce students are probably all just as Asian and IB/Big 4-focused as everyone else at UNSW or USYD or MQ.

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter what university you're enrolled at. Because I will all view you equally regardless.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Pretty sure MQ is shit too
I see your university has taught you excellent analytical skills and how to present a logical and well founded argument. Congratulations.

I admit that MQ isn't the best place, in fact I have been quite honest on these boards in saying that is law faculty does not deserve the rep it has over UWS, doesn't that prove the point rep means nothing? Despite any of this I do not think its fair that you suggest any of us do not work as hard or deserve any less credit than you. I have slogged my guts out for 4 1/2 years but comming from UWS and MQ means I actually did very little :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Seems like the concensus of USYD/UNSW people posting here is that they think they are better than UWS students. You are not, no matter what you say. You are a person who made a particular personal choice. As I gave example in my previous post, people choose to go to a particular uni for all sorts of reasons. What do you think about UWS students who have transferred to USYD/UNSW. They were "Dumb" enough to get into UWS, so why did USYD/UNSW let them in?

You cant justify that people go to UWS becuase they are dumb or did not get a high enough ATAR. All people who get into uni and graduate should be commended that they were able to get into a tertiary institution and work hard enough to graduate. Getting picky and judging people on music taste in relation to what uni they go to is down right pathetic. Grow the fuck up
Although I agree, realistically - everyone can pretty much get into uni nowadays.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I LOVE UWS bonus points. I'm probably going to have an ATAR equivalent of something like 102 when I apply there with it.

I mean, it's about time a young white male had something go good for him.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
well thats true. i mean, with 10 bonus points and really low cutoffs, even people with 50 atar can get in.
Whether they get in is one thing, if they stay is another :p.

I remember reading in the SMH a few years back about the dropout rates between uni's. UWS may have had the largest student population by far, but it also had an unusually high dropout rate for that population. Imagine the amount of money that the university would make from dropouts (after census date), particularly if they let "almost anyone" in. Makes you think.

HSC
My friend did arts at UWS for 1st year and only got passes and a 1 or 2 credits. She started going to USYD in 2nd year and was getting more C's and D's.
Wow, Tre interesting..I don't think there's any justification with courses in general, like I mean... at uws I know contemporary society (unit for arts) is not available at some other universities it would depend on the unit content of the course ur friend is doing.... However I think a Main factor lies within the discretion of the markers, perhaps they mark to diff standards as they hold diff views as to what would fit the criteria. I can't assure this though but it's a theory I have lol

diet cola

HSC
N/A
Yes, I am sure not a single USYDer likes that song :rolleyes:

People at MQ like it and I see people streaming it on their laptops all the time.

Grow a sense of humour and stop being a snob...honestly if you wonder why people think Usyders as stuff and snobby thats a prime example.
Wait. What? Are you saying that since I don't like the song 'Jizz in My Pants' I don't have a sense of humour, and I should grow one?

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. People who still find this song funny 16 months after it was released are clearly manchildren.

So, have you got any comedy routines that I should look up on YouTube to assist in my "growth" to your satisfactory sense of humour? How about some Dane Cook? Gallagher? Larry the Cable Guy?

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC

You know, people at USyd don't even mention other universities. We go to uni, we do our stuff, we come home. We hardly sit there bathing in what we perceive to be our own awesomeness and most of us all have good friends at other unis.

Of course, there are always arrogant douche exceptions at every uni.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Wait. What? Are you saying that since I don't like the song 'Jizz in My Pants' I don't have a sense of humour, and I should grow one?

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. People who still find this song funny 16 months after it was released are clearly manchildren.

So, have you got any comedy routines that I should look up on YouTube to assist in my "growth" to your satisfactory sense of humour? How about some Dane Cook? Gallagher? Larry the Cable Guy?
No I am saying that saying that judging people's intelligence/aptitude in being a student etc by a song that they like is stupid. Stuff on the internet goes around, not all people see it straight away. I saw it ages ago and it still stirs a little chuckle. You don't have to like it, just understand smart people can find it funny!

Now who doesn't like a stupid, arbitrary judge of character? See sucks doesn't it.

magnito92

HSC
The uni system is so FKED. They count gpas equally with all unis but it is sooo much easier to get good gpas at UWS. I looked at the UWS quizzes and the past papers.. and it is literally a JOKE. No wonder dropkicks at highschool who gets mid 40's can get credit average and just transfer into their desired uni...

why cant there be like a central system where they make all unis have equally difficult exams? so it actually makes it worth studying for hsc and not just simply transfer from one bludging year at UWS to ur desired course..

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
The uni system is so FKED. They count gpas equally with all unis but it is sooo much easier to get good gpas at UWS. I looked at the UWS quizzes and the past papers.. and it is literally a JOKE. No wonder dropkicks at highschool who gets mid 40's can get credit average and just transfer into their desired uni...

why cant there be like a central system where they make all unis have equally difficult exams? so it actually makes it worth studying for hsc and not just simply transfer from one bludging year at UWS to ur desired course..
Woah, I wasn't aware of that, that sounds kinda screwed. Perhaps they could have some sort of scaling system or something, I dunno. :/ I think they still use half of your ATAR for transfers after first year though, don't they?

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I have a friend who was doing B Computer Science & Technology (at USyd) last year who transferred to Arts this year and was told by the uni that they were still taking his ATAR into consideration. And this was just for a transfer WITHIN the uni... Most other people I know who have tried to transfer up have also been told the same thing... I don't know, the process might change between unis.

magnito92

HSC
I have a friend who was doing B Computer Science & Technology (at USyd) last year who transferred to Arts this year and was told by the uni that they were still taking his ATAR into consideration. And this was just for a transfer WITHIN the uni... Most other people I know who have tried to transfer up have also been told the same thing... I don't know, the process might change between unis.
The arts are considered under law i think. hmm coz im pretty sure they consider which ever is the better one (tertiary mark or ATAR) for most of the courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)