• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UWS Rocks (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I took the short cut through the grass to get to class (haha that rhymed :p) in the morning and then i was sitting on my feet the whole lecture cause they were cold and wet :(

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Well, that teaches me to never wear thongs on rainy days ever again. I will wear my bright yellow rain boots.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Hot chicks
Some good lecturers and tutors
Closer to home
Lower fees
Lower UAI entry

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The past 2 days I have seen so many transit officers. I actually found a way that they don't check your tickets!

Just sit on the sit, not with feet up on the seat opposite. Listen to music and have your books all over the seat and study. They were asking everyone on the carriage for tickets except me :)

klh

HSC
Korn, what are you on about?

Funky_a, learn not to wear your glassess all the time, just use them when you need to see something clearly.

Cape, good idea...but they always check everything like id/concession and they criticise the ticket to see if its real or osemthing when they get to me. only one gut doesnt do that to me. grrrrrr.

EDIT: oh yeah, dun worry korn, i get it. i took yours out of context...

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
klh said:
Korn, what are you on about?

Funky_a, learn not to wear your glassess all the time, just use them when you need to see something clearly.

Cape, good idea...but they always check everything like id/concession and they criticise the ticket to see if its real or osemthing when they get to me. only one gut doesnt do that to me. grrrrrr.
1) What are u talking about in ur first line
2) Why shouldnt u wear glasses all the time

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh - well its worked for me for the past two days so I'm not complaining :p

natstar - thats funny. I don't think that they would have ever heard of the suburb thats printed on my license.

korn - its hard to wear glasses when its raining, cause they don't have windscreen wipers on them :p

speaking of student ids, got my concession sticker today and omfg! the sticker is almost as big as the card!

klh

HSC
becoz the more you wear them, the more your eyes rely on htem thus your eyes get worse. thats what my optometrist said, so she told me not to 'misuse' my glassess ever again, and she she will know if i did. nice lady but threateing at times

edit: to answer 1, i just edited my last post but dun worry, i took your post out of context as this trhead is way off track.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
my eyes have become worse since i've been at uni. Since I only wear glasses in lectures, I have them on for about 2 and a half hours on average. I take them off and it feels like I'm walking around blind - my eyes can't adjust between having glasses and not having glasses.

klh

HSC
cape, i wish i did have windscreen wipers like them old school volvos, that would be like so kewl.
my sticker actually is folded over my card....they should just give us a new one...mine is all scratched.

klh

HSC
i know what you mean abt the glassess, its like the distance between objects feels unreal to me.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Cape said:
my eyes have become worse since i've been at uni. Since I only wear glasses in lectures, I have them on for about 2 and a half hours on average. I take them off and it feels like I'm walking around blind - my eyes can't adjust between having glasses and not having glasses.
Yeah my eyes are fucked too, i can barely see without them, but it seems to get better when im pissed

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
klh said:
cape, i wish i did have windscreen wipers like them old school volvos, that would be like so kewl.
my sticker actually is folded over my card....they should just give us a new one...mine is all scratched.
Hey isnt the concession sticker imprinted on the ID card

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Korn said:
Hey isnt the concession sticker imprinted on the ID card
Yes, but because we are continuing students we just get another sticker placed over the old sticker.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Korn said:
Yeah my eyes are fucked too, i can barely see without them, but it seems to get better when im pissed
LOL. Well I have been wearing glasses since like, year 7. It started as reading ones, but I get really dizzy if I don't wear them, even when I'm not trying hard to see clear. And I just have really bad eyesight I guess

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
funky_a said:
LOL. Well I have been wearing glasses since like, year 7. It started as reading ones, but I get really dizzy if I don't wear them, even when I'm not trying hard to see clear. And I just have really bad eyesight I guess
Yeah, i used to have brillant eyesight, but had to get glasses in Year 6

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Aha well I never had brilliant eyesight. Noone in my mum's side of the family does. Except, funny enough, my mum.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
funky_a said:
Aha well I never had brilliant eyesight. Noone in my mum's side of the family does. Except, funny enough, my mum.
Which campus are u doing Psychology, cause on of my friends does it

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm bored and angry so I'm going to complain (considering how off topic this thread is anyway).

Anyway, I'm supposed to be in a lecture at the moment, but NO! Cityrail decided that I couldn't possibly get to uni on time. My train from hornsby was delayed by 20mins, causing me to miss the richmond train (need to go to quakers hill), after an hour at strathfield listening to delayed and cancelled trains, I'd had enough and decided to come home. The next richmond train would only be coming now (9:20) and what the hell was the point of actually only going to uni for say about 1/2 an hour.

:mad: so grumpy, got up early for nothing :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)