V8 Supercars 2006 (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Here we go with another typical Cat-Rant (tm): everytime she disagrees with sometihng that's pretty much spelt out in crayon she argues the point by taking everything out of context. We are not talking about making Australia vs. Japan a part of the championship. We are talking about a one-off (or possibly annual) type of race where Ford and Holden would go up against SuperGT. Why, you ask? Well, if the Australian drivers finished strongly, it could create interest in our local series overseas. If these guys were to beat the Japanese manufacturers (who have considerable muscle power), what do you think it would do for the sport? It would prove our drivers were worth watching! We're not talking about introducing more manufacturers, we're talking about pitting the two series against one another (the Japanese already know James Courtney, so that may help).

And why am I likening our series to another that's about as boring as batshit among others? Because fo the two-marque rule. Australia is limited to Ford vs. Holden. NASCAR is limited to Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge. DTMs only race Mercedes-Benz, Audi and Opel. SuperGT is fairly open, but only Toyota/Lexus, Nissan and Honda compete. All four are highly successful. All four are highly popular. Coincidence? Go ahead, name one other series that is as popular but it open to any and all manufacturers. But if you'd actually bothered to read the fucking post where I said this, I wouldn't be repeating myself (and you wouldn't be looking very silly right about now).

Also, they'll never bring Canberra back. The drivers hated it and the fans hated it. You're about the only one who enjoyed it. The circuit was slow, dangerous, full of chicanes and disrupted the nation's capital too much. If it weren't for the severe lack of anywhere to put your foot down, I'd swear Hermann tilke was the man responsible for it. If they could find somewhere better to run it, then mayve. Until then, it's a case of thanks, but no thanks.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You know what? I really really can't be bothered arguing with you anymore.

Sorry that I've always had a different opinion to you, considering that you are right about everything all the time :rolleyes:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I'm not saying you're wrong or that my opinion is worth more, I'm saying you should actually read my posts. You demanded to know why I was likening the V8s to NASCAR, SuperGT and DTM as if I'd just said "yeah, they're similar" without giving any reasons, whereas if you had have read the damn thing in the first place, you would have found your reasons waiting for you. I'm willing to bet you stopped reading after the sentence that likened the V8s to those other series and promptly started posting.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If you really must know, I skim read, I don't like reading at all. Hate it! Can't stand it. I can't even read F1 or V8 news, yes, that is skim read as well :)

Sorry for being snappy. In future I'll be sure to thorougly read through your posts :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Hey, I don't type all this stuff just to look pretty, y'know. I can do that all on my own.

bizadfar

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Here we go with another typical Cat-Rant (tm): everytime she disagrees with sometihng that's pretty much spelt out in crayon she argues the point by taking everything out of context. We are not talking about making Australia vs. Japan a part of the championship. We are talking about a one-off (or possibly annual) type of race where Ford and Holden would go up against SuperGT. Why, you ask? Well, if the Australian drivers finished strongly, it could create interest in our local series overseas. If these guys were to beat the Japanese manufacturers (who have considerable muscle power), what do you think it would do for the sport? It would prove our drivers were worth watching! We're not talking about introducing more manufacturers, we're talking about pitting the two series against one another (the Japanese already know James Courtney, so that may help).

And why am I likening our series to another that's about as boring as batshit among others? Because fo the two-marque rule. Australia is limited to Ford vs. Holden. NASCAR is limited to Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge. DTMs only race Mercedes-Benz, Audi and Opel. SuperGT is fairly open, but only Toyota/Lexus, Nissan and Honda compete. All four are highly successful. All four are highly popular. Coincidence? Go ahead, name one other series that is as popular but it open to any and all manufacturers. But if you'd actually bothered to read the fucking post where I said this, I wouldn't be repeating myself (and you wouldn't be looking very silly right about now).

Also, they'll never bring Canberra back. The drivers hated it and the fans hated it. You're about the only one who enjoyed it. The circuit was slow, dangerous, full of chicanes and disrupted the nation's capital too much. If it weren't for the severe lack of anywhere to put your foot down, I'd swear Hermann tilke was the man responsible for it. If they could find somewhere better to run it, then mayve. Until then, it's a case of thanks, but no thanks.
Opel? Dont exist in DTM anymore hehe.

Anyway DTM is great!! Hockenheim 2006 was a thriller.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I was hoping that it would look like this years Mclaren or the DTM cars. But obviously not. Hopefully next year though :)

Lowndes to win the title tomorrow :)
Don't let that whingy pip sqeak win it!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
If you're red or blue, you're going to see that incident down at Hayshed differently. I think Skaife was way out-of line there; there's no way he couldn't have known "Lnowdes" was there. Hayshed is one of the fastest places on the track and not somehwere you go around the outside (and it's ceratinyl not somewhere you miss seeing another car). As Kelly said after the race "it's something I haven't seen before and it probably won't be something I'll see again" If Lowndes had have slipped through, I'm betting Skaife would have made a "mistake" that let Kelly through as soon as possible and blamed it on damage from Brighty's move playing havoc with his car. I'm pretty sure Skaife actually physically owns Kelly's team and since's he's not in contention for the championship anymore ... well, it's more than a lttle suspicious. Kudos to Craig for an excellent save.

Three points left, two races to decide it and four points' difference between finishing places. Game on.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Hmm ... yes, that was a nervous moment. Well done to Lowndes to keep it infront of pip squeak.

I was waiting for one of two things though:
- Lowndes to get by Skaife and Skaife letting Kelly through / or Kelly to get by Lowndes when Lowndes did a mistake and Skaife slows down and lets Kelly by.
- Or Race Control to hand a stupid penalty to Lowndes again.

bizadfar

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
If you're red or blue, you're going to see that incident down at Hayshed differently. I think Skaife was way out-of line there; there's no way he couldn't have known "Lnowdes" was there. Hayshed is one of the fastest places on the track and not somehwere you go around the outside (and it's ceratinyl not somewhere you miss seeing another car). As Kelly said after the race "it's something I haven't seen before and it probably won't be something I'll see again" If Lowndes had have slipped through, I'm betting Skaife would have made a "mistake" that let Kelly through as soon as possible and blamed it on damage from Brighty's move playing havoc with his car. I'm pretty sure Skaife actually physically owns Kelly's team and since's he's not in contention for the championship anymore ... well, it's more than a lttle suspicious. Kudos to Craig for an excellent save.

Three points left, two races to decide it and four points' difference between finishing places. Game on.
omg man "couldnt have known he was there" I think you should watch this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YOW-jngVoT4

The thing is it was not a racing incident in my opinion and it was almost intentional by skaife unless he had catch a slide but the dumbasses never show us onboards.

I was furious when they didnt penalise skaife. His in a fucken TWR Holden for christ sake. The race director declared that no holden help other holden and no ford help other ford but what do u know, lets just pass up on Skaife blocking the fuck out of Lowndes REPEATEDLY and then rubbing his door to send him off.

I am 100% against the point scheme of this shit. Imagine fucken Jenson Button winning the championship if he came 6th every F1 race (lets just assume the Honda engine doesnt blow) Lowndes only got 4 pts out of him. When they were both around 3 places behind he still only had 6points out him (rick was 2 cars behind craig at this stage). This is a joke and almost a fucken insult to race winners.

Just referring to the "Skaife physically owns Kelly's team" Not exactly true, but both teams for the last... well since K mart racing was around (and i think wynn's)have TWR Holdens. Tome Walkinshaw Racing. Its like a "back" name

HRT - TWR cars
Kmart racing - TWR cars. Except Kmart renamed to Toll HSV Dealer team

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
bizadfar said:
omg man "couldnt have known he was there" I think you should watch this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YOW-jngVoT4
Sorry, I missed a word in there. It should have read "Skafie couldn't have known "Lnowdes" was not there." It's badly worded; basically I was saying Skaife had to know Lowndes (dammit, I'm having trouble spelling his name) was there.
bizdafar said:
The thing is it was not a racing incident in my opinion and it was almost intentional by skaife unless he had catch a slide but the dumbasses never show us onboards.
After the race, Skaife mentioned his tyres were going faster than he would have liked. You saw him having trouble down at the hairpin and through Siberia a few times, so it's possible was was catching a slide. That's not to say I'm defending Skaife, because the man half-had the racing line through Hayshed (Lowndes having the other half) and since that's one of the fastest places on the track, the message is simple: you don't go off the racing line.
bizdafar said:
I was furious when they didnt penalise skaife. His in a fucken TWR Holden for christ sake. The race director declared that no holden help other holden and no ford help other ford but what do u know, lets just pass up on Skaife blocking the fuck out of Lowndes REPEATEDLY and then rubbing his door to send him off.
They showed him the bad sportsmanship flag for blocking, which was the most they could do. That incident was difficult to call, soa warning was all they could do. Stupid Channel Ten commentators (I'm sounding like Cat, aren't I?) announced he'd received a drive-through for it.
bizdafar said:
I am 100% against the point scheme of this shit. Imagine fucken Jenson Button winning the championship if he came 6th every F1 race (lets just assume the Honda engine doesnt blow) Lowndes only got 4 pts out of him. When they were both around 3 places behind he still only had 6points out him (rick was 2 cars behind craig at this stage). This is a joke and almost a fucken insult to race winners.
Alright, the points system ain't exactly crash-hot, but it does force drivers to be consistent (and virtually guarantees the championship goes down to the wire). The "Drop Your Worst Round Rule" is a double-edged sword as Lowndes found out since his worst round was after the rule came into effect. It's basically to keep the championship alive and keep people watching. After all, who else (besides Cat) watches the Formula Ones when the championship has been decided four or five races from the end of the season?
bizdaraf said:
Just referring to the "Skaife physically owns Kelly's team" Not exactly true, but both teams for the last... well since K mart racing was around (and i think wynn's)have TWR Holdens. Tome Walkinshaw Racing. Its like a "back" name

HRT - TWR cars
Kmart racing - TWR cars. Except Kmart renamed to Toll HSV Dealer team
I was under the impression that the "Holden Young Lions" outfit went bad and HRT wanted to buy them, but the rules stated that you can only own one team. Thus, Skaife purchased them because Holden couldn't buy the ex-Young Lions and also because he couldn't drive for a team that he owned.

Also, I wonder what he's going to do next year when Craig is #1 and Whincup the #2 car ...

bizadfar

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
After all, who else (besides Cat) watches the Formula Ones when the championship has been decided four or five races from the end of the season?

I was under the impression that the "Holden Young Lions" outfit went bad and HRT wanted to buy them, but the rules stated that you can only own one team. Thus, Skaife purchased them because Holden couldn't buy the ex-Young Lions and also because he couldn't drive for a team that he owned.

Also, I wonder what he's going to do next year when Craig is #1 and Whincup the #2 car ...
I have been watching every race of the F1 season for a few years (missed a few in 2005 and a shitload in 2002/2004) But those last 4-5 races usually bring out the best.

I don't understand your impression there. It sounds logical but Skaife owns HRT and drives for his team. Same with Larry Perkins and Dick Johnson a few years back. So you can drive for a team you own.

After reading more, yes the Holden Young Lions team later turned into Kmart racing as Murphy had Kmart as a major sponsor. And that his former team Gibson motorsport (the one that ran the wynn's commodore way back i think) had run off to run a ford for Lowndes (green eyed monster, that thing was sweeeet. Race winner just looking at it). SO yea:
Holden Young Lions -> Kmart Racing -> HSV dealer team -> Toll HSV dealer team

So i guess since around 1998/1999 they were running TWR cars, same as HRT (its quite obvious really, those 4 cars are on the same rough pace compared to eachother but way ahead of all the other holdens.)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Uh oh! Your starting to sound like me. :mad1:
That is probably not a good thing :p

Next year, Lowndes will take the number 1 and give Jamie 888 or 88. After all, number 2 stays with Skaife. Remember that they buy their numbers in V8s.

bizadfar

HSC
Cape said:
Uh oh! Your starting to sound like me. :mad1:
That is probably not a good thing :p

Next year, Lowndes will take the number 1 and give Jamie 888 or 88. After all, number 2 stays with Skaife. Remember that they buy their numbers in V8s.
I thought i heard Crompo or faggoty Diffey say they are getting both 1 and 2 and it would be interesting to see what skaife gets.

Anyway, that was a good race 2. Could easily see the TWR cars helping eachother out, fucken bullshit really. Penalise Garth after that many laps full of blocking... bullshit. Kelly deserved that fucken jammed nut, the little worthless shit. He doesn't deserve it. Lowndes all for it, you can see the car language on track.

What they should do, instead of a drive through for blocking, just a simple blue flag. Because it benefits all drivers behind if he gets a drive through. If he gets blue, he only lets Lowndes through. If he lets his team mate through fucken then penalise him.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I believe the technical term for Race Three is "Game On!"

bizadfar

HSC
No i beleive it is "fix this fucking race/championship" Drive through for Sato like Late braking? Get fucked please. Im going to bathurst in 2007, to punch Rick Kelly in the face the fucking asshole. Drive through? Get fucked, DSQ please.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Dirty rotten cheaters :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

Not watching anymore :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)