Vacation Work (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
timmy999 said:
I spose thats pretty good $26....altho it looks like spare change to vac's at CSFB and UBS...$1550 a week!!!
$/hour is definately less at the IBs (in IBD anyway).

turtleface

HSC
timmy999 said:
I spose thats pretty good $26....altho it looks like spare change to vac's at CSFB and UBS...$1550 a week!!! then again, theyll be working 25 hours a day, whereas big4 will be a bit more cruisy...
uh...its $26 per hour, not $26 a week.

KittySanchez

HSC

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm, thaz a tough decision... if I got PwC or Deloitte against anything i wud pick those two.

were the tests hard? or piss easy like wot is 1/2 in decimal form LMFAO

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
lizbon said:
cheers mate, i would love to hear ur opinion.

btw i think you were in my group for the COMSOC careers guide.

to timmy999, the pay rates $26/hr for the big 4 firms i got into.
LOL!

Payrate wise, IIRC, don't IBs pay you on a per week basis, whereas Vaccie work pays on a per hour basis? If you take into account how many hours you have to work at IB compared to Big4, I think the rates are quite comparable... but then on another hand, people don't do vaccy work just for the money- just like a cadetship, it's the experience and foot-in-the-door approach.

KittySanchez

HSC
AppleXY said:
hmm, thaz a tough decision... if I got PwC or Deloitte against anything i wud pick those two.

were the tests hard? or piss easy like wot is 1/2 in decimal form LMFAO
Not that hard afterall... although Ive been told the IB psych tests are MUCH harder. I suppose thats obvious given there 3x longer...

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
r calculators allowed? coz it can tedious adding and substracting a pile of numbers every single time.. after all their just tests.. its not like vce english or spesh maths lol

Last edited:

KittySanchez

HSC
AppleXY said:
r calculators allowed? coz it can tedious adding and substracting a pile of numbers every single time.. after all their just tests.. its not like vce english or spesh maths lol
:) lol...yes calcs are allowed! Although I didnt use mine much. When you come to do it, try as much as possible to add up in your head, because youll be pressed for time.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
KittySanchez said:
:) lol...yes calcs are allowed! Although I didnt use mine much. When you come to do it, try as much as possible to add up in your head, because youll be pressed for time.
Yeh with accounting alot of the time it's faster to do a quick calc in your head than to try and button mash it in!... but then sometimes a calculator is faster- but if there's one thing which thumps them all...

Soft copy excel spreadsheet and SUM command! :D

B

Bambul

I got a call from Deloitte Parramatta, didn't get through. Then I called PwC since I hadn't heard from them and was told that they're still contacting people. But my brother got a call back from them on Monday night (he did his second round on Mon, I did mine on Fri). He got invited to some congratulations lunch thing tomorrow, so I get the feeling I got rejected from PwC too, but the staff want one of the HR people to tell me rather than tell me themselves.

Didn't get to round 1 for EY, which leaves KPMG. Got my second round for that tomorrow. Here goes!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bambul said:
I got a call from Deloitte Parramatta, didn't get through. Then I called PwC since I hadn't heard from them and was told that they're still contacting people. But my brother got a call back from them on Monday night (he did his second round on Mon, I did mine on Fri). He got invited to some congratulations lunch thing tomorrow, so I get the feeling I got rejected from PwC too, but the staff want one of the HR people to tell me rather than tell me themselves.

Didn't get to round 1 for EY, which leaves KPMG. Got my second round for that tomorrow. Here goes!
Don't worry mate. You make it sound as if Big4 is everything! Don't think too much about this stuff though; let it come to you.

Btw I wonder if you remember me :p

lizbon

HSC
Bambul said:

go Bambul!!

i think i will settle on Ernst & Young, hope to see Minai & Jasee there.

B

Bambul

My intuition was right - when the recruitment people say "we'll get back to you" it means you got rejected. It just would have been better to have gotten the call some time other than 10 minutes before my KPMG interview. :)

And so I asked for some feedback, why I didn't get through. I got told that I was good, but everyone else was better and to call back after October 10. Which I thought was pretty poor form. Deloitte gave me pretty good feedback when they rejected me (what I did well and what I didn't do as well as the others). So I'm hanging on KPMG.

Got rejected up front for EY and then got through to the final stage for the other three Big 4. If it wasn't for my general apathy, optimism and Don't Feel Like Dancing by the Scissor Sisters, I'd probably be feeling a little depressed about now.

Awww crap. I just missed Thank God You're Here. Now that is depressing. :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck with KPMG Bambul!

Did anyone have the EY assessment centre for TMP division this week? Anyone get interviewed by a funny redhead Dutchman?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
LOL Thats awesome brogan! During what period will you be working and in what division? (PM me if you like)

And why art thou banned?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)