Vacation Work (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

After rejections from PwC and Deloitte I got accepted by KPMG. Such a relief! Apparently there were only 4 and 3 spots respectively for PwC and Deloitte in the areas I applied for. But I got one offer, which is all I wanted. So I'm happy. :)

And today I got my acceptance letter for Yellow Shirts. Yay for O-Week!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bambul said:
After rejections from PwC and Deloitte I got accepted by KPMG. Such a relief! Apparently there were only 4 and 3 spots respectively for PwC and Deloitte in the areas I applied for. But I got one offer, which is all I wanted. So I'm happy. :)

Congratulations Bambul.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Bambul said:

Well done boss. Glad to hear the good news on both fronts! Look forward to lunch in the city during the holidays!

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Any Vaccy's going to the EY function at the Arthouse tonight?

B

Bambul

Yeah, I'm a little confused on how they didn't wait till all interviews were over. The Partner just decides whether they like you or not. Not that I'm complaining!

mr_shittles said:
Well done boss. Glad to hear the good news on both fronts! Look forward to lunch in the city during the holidays!
Yeah, definitely. Where were you going to be this summer?

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Bambul said:
Yeah, I'm a little confused on how they didn't wait till all interviews were over. The Partner just decides whether they like you or not. Not that I'm complaining!
Well, by that stage of the recruitment process, they're probably not worried about technical competency. So I'm guessing it was 100% behavioural?

Bambul said:
Yeah, definitely. Where were you going to be this summer?
JPMorgan

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
As someone who was involved with recruitment, it's alot more than just whether the partner likes you or not- that's more of the final decision. I won't go into too much more depth but there are a lot of other factors to consider in terms of when they choose to make the offers, or when they even decide who they want to make offers to.

turtleface

HSC
yeah I think there is something seriously screwed with Accounting firm recruitment practices. Some of the really good people I know got nothing, yet some really stupid people did get spots.

whats going on lol? anarchy!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
turtleface said:
yeah I think there is something seriously screwed with Accounting firm recruitment practices. Some of the really good people I know got nothing, yet some really stupid people did get spots.

I think that there are a lot of good candidates, but not everyone has the right personality to fit in. I haven't worked that long in accounting, but I can see certain characteristics which are more evident in certain firms over others. I liken it to the Hogwarts Sorting Hat!

lizbon

HSC
turtleface said:

reminds me of a KPMG cadet from my year complaining about how stupid one of the audit vac was. Apparently he took two hours to do something most people would finish in 20 minutes.

Surely competency/skill set has be valued in some regard? Or Mayb a few people slip through?

whatever14

HSC
seremify007 said:
As someone who was involved with recruitment, it's alot more than just whether the partner likes you or not- that's more of the final decision. I won't go into too much more depth but there are a lot of other factors to consider in terms of when they choose to make the offers, or when they even decide who they want to make offers to.
So how do PWC decide who to recruit and who not to? im just curious about how this actually works. i always thought it was the partner interview that counted the most?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
whatever14 said:
So how do PWC decide who to recruit and who not to? im just curious about how this actually works. i always thought it was the partner interview that counted the most?
Join date October 2006 with Post Count 1. Don't tell me you only signed up to BoS just to ask me that!

As I said in the PM, I don't think I should discuss such factors.

Alot of the questions you ask, whilst good questions, if you think about them enough the answers should come.

Conspirocy

HSC
whatever14 said:
have to make it to the partner interview first buddy.

personally, i would think once its been cut down to those interviewing with partners then its a coin toss.

turtleface

HSC
Congratulations Seraphim (I finally understood your avatar too lol...slow...)

Conspirocy said:
have to make it to the partner interview first buddy.

personally, i would think once its been cut down to those interviewing with partners then its a coin toss.
Yeah a lot of my friends got screwed by the Manager interview

A lot of firms hold both interviews as 1 stage

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Thanks.

Do you guys know of any other places offering "quant" positions (financial software development)? I can only think of GS Fixed Income and Tillinghast Towers Perrin's software team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)