Vacation Work (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
i have another question.

does anyone know if it is possible to get vacation work if you failed two subjects in one semester and have a pass average? has anyone heard of people with failed units scoring an interview? also the subjects i failed were the only 2 accounting subjects i did this year

my extra curricular is not too great either, but i have a part time job and during high school i did 3 white collar work experience placements with companies that usually only take undergrads. plus, these holidays i will apply to join the army reserves and if i'm succesful i'll have more credentials under my belt.

i'm just wondering if the companies offering vacation work for 2nd years use the same method as the people who do the CA achiever programs, where you don't submit a resume but they give you essay questions to answer. i scored an interview for achiever with only a pass average, so they must have liked my essay responses/work experience. but i never found out if they liked me in person because i never went to the interview :(

theone123

blue essence
HSC
synthesized said:
i have another question.

does anyone know if it is possible to get vacation work if you failed two subjects in one semester and have a pass average? has anyone heard of people with failed units scoring an interview? also the subjects i failed were the only 2 accounting subjects i did this year

my extra curricular is not too great either, but i have a part time job and during high school i did 3 white collar work experience placements with companies that usually only take undergrads. plus, these holidays i will apply to join the army reserves and if i'm succesful i'll have more credentials under my belt.

i'm just wondering if the companies offering vacation work for 2nd years use the same method as the people who do the CA achiever programs, where you don't submit a resume but they give you essay questions to answer. i scored an interview for achiever with only a pass average, so they must have liked my essay responses/work experience. but i never found out if they liked me in person because i never went to the interview :(
why did you drop a opportunity like that?

ND

HSC
§eraphim said:
Summer vac - Quant @ NAB.

Congrats. A mate of mine got into NAB too (project finance though).

Do you guys know of any other places offering "quant" positions (financial software development)? I can only think of GS Fixed Income and Tillinghast Towers Perrin's software team.
Which team are the quants in at GS? I thought that they only took one into CRM (and one into SCCM).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)