Video-ians (1 Viewer)

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
_muse_ said:
early? they were all due 9am 22nd august... or so it was at my school, i assumed it was the same for other schools as well
Yes They were all due before 9:00am on Monday and we were offically not allowed to work on them after 12:00am Sunday night. If it was handed in later then that then that is poor on your teacher behalf.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
.... Apologies for the double post .... (Again)

Now that we have handed in our Videos let's talk about them in detail. Screenplay, Characters, Genre, Shots, Music .... etc .... Now it is impossible for plagerism.

I will briefly go first -

My film is a psycological thriller, a thinking video. It is about a girl who is an abusive de facto relationship and is forced to leave the situation and find a better, safer place to live ....

Very broad explanation, will go into detail after.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
VonDavis said:
.... Apologies for the double post .... (Again)

Now that we have handed in our Videos let's talk about them in detail. Screenplay, Characters, Genre, Shots, Music .... etc .... Now it is impossible for plagerism.

I will briefly go first -

My film is a psycological thriller, a thinking video. It is about a girl who is an abusive de facto relationship and is forced to leave the situation and find a better, safer place to live ....

Very broad explanation, will go into detail after.
ive been wondering what yours is about :)
i can never explain mine, people just look at me like its crap or they have no idea what im trying to say

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
VonDavis said:
Well just try to explain it ... My is quite difficult also
no not at all, i understood it easily :)

mine is just a personal one. I decided i was going to show how i saw an event in my life when i was a very young child - my dad having cancer. It's not soppy or anything. When i was that young i thought a big evil spirit was taking over his body and making him die and vomit and stuff... so i tried to show that except i used a teenage girl.

eh its crap

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
no it sounds interesting. It would have been difficult to do considering how personal it was and then being able to relate that to an audience so that it was a good and easy watch for them .... I feel very different about my piece now .... everybody seems to have done a very personal film that in some way reflects thier lives and I chose something completely off and different ....

There were Four video makers at my school, I felt quite disadvantaged because one of the girls that did Video drama has both of her parents in the Australian film industry and they are both cinematographers so her film was awesome ... Her film shat all over mine. I really want to get my results back I am in so much anticipation...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
VonDavis said:
no it sounds interesting. It would have been difficult to do considering how personal it was and then being able to relate that to an audience so that it was a good and easy watch for them .... I feel very different about my piece now .... everybody seems to have done a very personal film that in some way reflects thier lives and I chose something completely off and different ....

There were Four video makers at my school, I felt quite disadvantaged because one of the girls that did Video drama has both of her parents in the Australian film industry and they are both cinematographers so her film was awesome ... Her film shat all over mine. I really want to get my results back I am in so much anticipation...
there was only me and one other girl who did video drama at my school, and the other girl had a guy who got into onscreen help edit her video cause they are heaps good friends... and then theres me, who had never made a film before in my life sitting there watching hers... looking at mine... it was so crappy in comparison to hers haha

im eager to know how that person who randomly came into this thread with 2 weeks to go and said they hadnt started went getting it done..

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
bekstah said:
i havn't started, i have a storyboard.. thats about it
gl to me >:
She was the one who had not started ...

OOh well what a crazy girl ...

It seemed a bit dissapointing considering that she had so much time to do the actual film. I made mine in about 2 months because I knew Vid drama was easy for me so I procrastinated plus was too dedicated to my ext II and Art majors. HSC sucks.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i think i really started to get cracking with 2 months to go, but i did all my work within the last month.. it was a rush
i had to do my ext2 as well, it didnt help that they were due so close together and i had trials the two weeks prior to their due date..
oh well, these things happen, if we ever have to do it again i guess we'll learn about time management...or so they say

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
There is a company that makes music especially for films and they are already copyrighted so you do not have to worry about that stuff ... I use them .... But otherwise I get people to compose stuff for me

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
we just used songs... our teacher said we didnt have to worry about copyright or anything so i hope that was ok:)
i had a soundtrack of songs like
Disturbed - Down with the Sickness
Slipknot - Surfacing
Crystal Method - Jaded
Crystal Method - Morpheus
Evanescence - Breathe No More.
i only used like the instrumental bits in all of them pretty much, its a pretty crap soundtrack... but then again... it was a crap video i made :)

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
for the HSC you did not have to worry about copyright but if you were to enter it to say tropfest you would need copyright ...

I didn't use any songs with Lyrics all of my music was intrumental or background

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
VonDavis said:
for the HSC you did not have to worry about copyright but if you were to enter it to say tropfest you would need copyright ...

I didn't use any songs with Lyrics all of my music was intrumental or background
thats what i thought :) i wont ever be making another film for anything spectacular i dont think.. the hsc was enough for me :)

mrwaggles

HSC
Video Ideas

Any ideas for video drama...im about to enter my final year and trying to generate ideas...Id appreiate anyone who has any ideas which would be or were effective

good luck class of 05...my turn next yr

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
my teacher told me a pretty popular quote to stick by.. cant remember it completely but something along the lines of think of something simple and then show all the things that could go wrong etc.. i dunno, i didnt really listen to it.

stick to something you know you arent going to get bored of after the first day of filming. Make it something you can relate to and put your own feelings and experiences into. Check out all the short films on Eat Carpet or on the internet, there are heaps of things to watch etc.

Good luck and im sure a few of us will stick around to help you guys out

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
mrwaggles said:
Any ideas for video drama...im about to enter my final year and trying to generate ideas...Id appreiate anyone who has any ideas which would be or were effective

good luck class of 05...my turn next yr
what are you interested in? if you are more of a comedic person you should be able to do a comedic film ... If you are more of a thinker you could do a psychological drama ... If you are a lovey person do a love story... Even an art house flick there are so many genre's and depending on what you know is what you should do.

I have alot of ideas and I would be willing to go through them with you although an idea is only the starting point and it should be the easiest choice.

Kute_Princess

HSC
ah my advice for you... DONT DO VIDEO DRAMA
it was the biggest stress i ever had! lol now that its over im still stressing about how shit it was... !!!
na but i spose if ur dedicated...VERY dedicated.. ul be right .. id love to see some ppls films... other than just the ones at onscreen... id like to see wat alll u guys have done. i wish it was possible to upload them but they are all too frickn big! damnit!
good luck wit ya results guys.. im sure yours will shit on mine haha
xxx

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i think, to reduce the stress level associated with video drama, i think its important to have some background experience in making videos. I myself had never in my entire life been behind a video camera, i had to be told where the record button was and how to put the tape in. I knew nothing about editing programs and had to teach myself how to use the particular editing program in which i was using.
So, although its very possible to make a decent video with little to no experience in video-making, i think its important to have some knowledge and experience in the area to reduce the amount of stress placed on you as the director/editor/writer etc etc.

/rant

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
_muse_ said:
i think, to reduce the stress level associated with video drama, i think its important to have some background experience in making videos. I myself had never in my entire life been behind a video camera, i had to be told where the record button was and how to put the tape in. I knew nothing about editing programs and had to teach myself how to use the particular editing program in which i was using.
So, although its very possible to make a decent video with little to no experience in video-making, i think its important to have some knowledge and experience in the area to reduce the amount of stress placed on you as the director/editor/writer etc etc.

/rant
I agree ... Your first film should not be your HSC drama major work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)