Video-ians (1 Viewer)

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
There is alot of walking and I somehow want to use that in the title but it is also a serious piece so I can't just use Walk so something like that I was thinking. Ennui which means weariness and dissatisfaction with life that results from a loss of interest or sense of excitement and that doesn't relate to the walking but it relates to one of my characters

bekstah

HSC
N/A
i havn't started, i have a storyboard.. thats about it
gl to me >:

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
bekstah said:
gl to me >:
Please tell me you are joking ... Ooh my goodness .... If you need any help don't hesitate to ask because that is really scary. Have you ever made a film before in the past?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
bekstah said:
gl to me >:
oh my fucking god... and i thought i was up shit creek. You do know you only have 2 and a bit weeks until it has to be handed in? You've only got a storyboard.. does this mean you havent filmed yet? Oh my god i am getting nervous for you..

i have a performance night tonight.. and ive made a preview for my video for everyone to see, its pretty dodgy but i hope itll work.

I have a question, when i burnt the video to dvd and played it on tv it looked really pixelated, like the picture wasnt as clear as it should be. There are no video effects in any part of the preview so what could it be? is it the camera? It doesnt matter if it doesnt get fixed because it kind of adds to the story a bit but yeah it was a little troubling

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
It is because to the quality of the DVD and the way that you burnt it ... The footage loses its quality when you play with it .... For instance when you upload it to the computer it loses a little bit of its quality, then when you upload it to another program it loses more and more quality ... Also take into account that you are only using budget equipment. Non-commerical equipment isn't as good as all those amazing 5 million dollar stuff ....

Try and burn it onto DVD again but when you burn it go to setting and choose best quality ....You might have downloaded it to Mpeg or something just as simple. Try downloaded it to the best quality dvd that you have avaliable .....

Anyway I hope that helped

And Bekstah ....... You are worrying me .... Where do you live? Are you planning on getting a UAI?

Last edited:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
VonDavis said:
It is because to the quality of the DVD and the way that you burnt it ... The footage loses its quality when you play with it .... For instance when you upload it to the computer it loses a little bit of its quality, then when you upload it to another program it loses more and more quality ... Also take into account that you are only using budget equipment. Non-commerical equipment isn't as good as all those amazing 5 million dollar stuff ....

Try and burn it onto DVD again but when you burn it go to setting and choose best quality ....You might have downloaded it to Mpeg or something just as simple. Try downloaded it to the best quality dvd that you have avaliable .....

Anyway I hope that helped

And Bekstah ....... You are worrying me .... Where do you live? Are you planning on getting a UAI?
ta :) you're so knowledgable :)

i gave my little preview thing to the teacher today so she could get it ready for tonight...and she lost it within 5 minutes of me giving it to her.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
well it wasnt getting marked.. it was kind of just to show everyone that i was doing video and this is what its about. It seemed to go down well.. couple of people shifted in their seats with a couple of shots that were in it. But yeah.. i did it so that people wouldnt understand the true point of my story until the end. but yeah i got some good feedback from it so now im all motivated again :)

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
I had a very big problem with the time lapses and flash back scenes for my film it was very annoying ... And also what do you have for your credits Opening and closing .... I just have the title of my piece and my BOS number and then for my credits I have All of my Actors names .... I am a bit worried about it also.

And what about your soundtrack ...? I have some really stupid stuff for mine, I am very dissapointed I had all these expectations for my film and nothing came out the way I had planned it ..... I think I have a too close a relationship to my film now .... Anyways Good luck with yours

publiccrazy

HSC
i know what you mean about the close relationship. because i've done everything for this film; writing, filming, editing, everything, you're right, it's kinda like a kid. i can tell i'm never going to be happy with this movie though. because of a whole list of different things, i've ended up with music almost permanently playing, and i don't like a lot of it, but if i take it out it just looks stupid.

it's just really pissing me off. plus i found out that my group performance is on the monday of week six, first day it could possibly be.

oh, question, do any of you guys go to a school that did the catholic schools trial english paper? i'm hearing that every school that did is going to have to resit them.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Only 2 weeks until hand in. Is everyone ready?

Is anybody wanting to get into Onscreen?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im almost ready, i have a few minor things to fix on my film and i have to put the title and credits in cause my program wouldnt let me before and it looks like it wont let me now :eek: *panic*
ive left my storyboard and my rationale til last so i still have to put them together but that wont take long... so im nearly done :) no thanks to my teacher who wanted absolutely nothing to do with me or my video whilst it was being made

yay!! good luck everyone :)

ambidextrouscal

Learning to be Witty
HSC
Just to 'VonDavis' about the credits. I didnt think you were meant to put any names in the credits, as it leaks identities to the examiners...?
Just like you cant have any names in the logbook.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
ambidextrouscal said:
Just to 'VonDavis' about the credits. I didnt think you were meant to put any names in the credits, as it leaks identities to the examiners...?
Just like you cant have any names in the logbook.
None of them are HSC students .... Am I atill able to put there names in?

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
_muse_ said:
im almost ready, i have a few minor things to fix on my film and i have to put the title and credits in cause my program wouldnt let me before and it looks like it wont let me now :eek: *panic*
ive left my storyboard and my rationale til last so i still have to put them together but that wont take long... so im nearly done :) no thanks to my teacher who wanted absolutely nothing to do with me or my video whilst it was being made

yay!! good luck everyone :)
.... Double post ....

I can not draw and my storyboard looks so dodgy .... It is like stick figures and blocks it is so bad ooh well at least it is done.

My teacher is the opposite she keeps complaining that I am leaving her out of my project and she thinks that I am not including her enough .... She is a HSC marker for HSC Video dramas so she is an amazing help I am so blessed.

Noone has answered me about writers OnScreen! Is anybody interested in getting into OnScreen 2005 with their videos?

anchor

HSC
Hmmm... I was considering video drama, but chose script writing instead. I'm intrigued; exactly how much fun am I missing out on?

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
anchor said:
Hmmm... I was considering video drama, but chose script writing instead. I'm intrigued; exactly how much fun am I missing out on?
....YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON PLENTLY....

Vid Drama has been so much fun. I have had alot of friends do my acting and it is hilarious watching them ... and quite interesting to find out that they can actually act .... I have been making budget films for a very long time now so I am like a vetern at it so this is not as exciting as much first Vid but it is still very fun.

How is Script writing? Did you watch Writer's OnStage 2004 HSC those scripts were amazing and incredibly funny.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
fuck. shit. poo. my stupid program wont let me put titles and credits in cause my footage is there.. how the hell do i fix this or do i have to start all over again?
dont worry vondavis, my storyboard is all stick figures too :)

oh and i dont want to get into onscreen.. mainly because i know that i wont get in cause the quality of my video is appauling :)

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
what program are you using again? If it is Finl Cut Pro I can help you

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
woohoo! i figured it out :) nah i was using adobe.. stupid piece of crap, that program has nothing i swear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)