wanna have a faith (1 Viewer)

patryzz

HSC
always forget it

Unless you want to rape boys,

Disempower women,

Believe in creationism, and

Be generally ignorant of everything ever.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
also if you do pick a religion make sure u dont pick islam because nothing is going to ruin your life more than not being able to eat bacon
or Judaism.

I attend a Catholic school 5 days a week and it has turned me from religion completely.
Yep.

Catholicism is one of those religions where the more you actually know about it and the more you mingle with the adherents the more you want to burn the entire religion to the ground.

I saw a ufo once.
and nobody believed me.

swagasa

HSC
Become Buddhist. Or.. have faith in science and reason

Any Abrahamic religion is just barbaric.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Become Buddhist. Or.. have faith in science and reason

Any Abrahamic religion is just barbaric.
Buddhism has some just as terrible aspects to it. People are just more likely gloss over them.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Buddhism has some just as terrible aspects to it. People are just more likely gloss over them.
People ar more likely to gloss over whatever the fuck they want in buddhism. That's the only thing that makes it half-acceptable.

Every other religion has a more strict adherent-base.

Anonym0us

HSC
Research all religions (eg. islam, judaism etc) and decide which religion will bring you peace and happiness :)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Why not try out several religions then? Attend a few services of each and see which one you can most connect with?

zhiying

HSC
I wanted to have a faith too, so I started to believe in myself...

Thief

!!
HSC
Maybe see what religions your friends follow, and tag along to one of their church services?

M@ster P

HSC
how about instead of worshiping some moongod in the sky and having faith in complete and utter bullshit

you have *faith* in yourself and your own abilities?
+1
Man created religion because man thinks that there must be something more than the mundaness of daily life, they say there has to be something more than my boring job, theres gotta be something more than this, there has to be. So mans invents symbols, rituals, prayers, heaven, hell, god. Every person has their own self-projected image of God, so everyone is worshipping a different God.

I think religion is kinda stupid, I was a born catholic but never really believed. Go to church each sunday, sit and listen to some guy called the priest who seems like he has no interest in what he is saying about. Then at various points of the year. go to confession and confess your sins, I did these bad things, then say 5 hail marys or whatever and your forgiven. Then you hear on the news "Priests molest children", okay the priest preaches to be good all that and yet he commits a terrible act of molesting an innoncent child, hypocrite much? Then the priest probably confessed his sins and said 10 Our fathers and he was forgiven. It seems so pointless and stupid.

Religions separate man as each religion have their own doctrines, dogmas and ideologies which inevitably breeds conflict. Think of the countless wars that have occured in the name of religion, yet they preach to not kill another man?, but please kill in the name or religion. The same can be said about dividing the world into nationalities, American, Australian, Japanese and so on. Yes we may look different externally, different colour eyes, hairs, height. tall, short etc. but at the very root of it, that is internally don't we all experience sadness, happiness, suffering, jealousy, that is we have the same consciouness.

Bruce Lee was asked do you believe in God? He replied I believe in eating and sleeping

Last edited:

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Forget all the suggestions here.

Just make your own absurd, oppressive, backwards, false and debiltiating religion and offer it to the world. Make it about how an ancient book, written, reviewed, rewritten, rereviewed, and rerewritten by many people over thousands of years, instructs that a jew born in a sparsely populated, barbaric region of the world two thousand years ago, happens to be the son of god. Make them kneel at the foot of an ancient instrument of torture and beg for forgiveness for the simple fact that they were born human. Don't offer any real proof of his divinity, that wouldn't be fun. Also, make it a point to wage wars against minority groups, rape innocent boys, oppress females, take away the sexual freedom that all beings on Earth should be entitled to, ignore science and progression, and you should be good to go.

MUSE13

HSC
Uni Grad
@isplicer sexual freedom? please clarify

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Forget all the suggestions here.

Just make your own absurd, oppressive, backwards, false and debiltiating religion and offer it to the world. Make it about how an ancient book, written, reviewed, rewritten, rereviewed, and rerewritten by many people over thousands of years, instructs that a jew born in a sparsely populated, barbaric region of the world two thousand years ago, happens to be the son of god. Make them kneel at the foot of an ancient instrument of torture and beg for forgiveness for the simple fact that they were born human. Don't offer any real proof of his divinity, that wouldn't be fun. Also, make it a point to wage wars against minority groups, rape innocent boys, oppress females, take away the sexual freedom that all beings on Earth should be entitled to, ignore science and progression, and you should be good to go.
antisemitism

Thief

!!
HSC
@isplicer sexual freedom? please clarify
Homosexuality?

Tbh iSplicer I think that's a bit harsh.. I mean Christianity itself has some good aspects, but it just goes wrong when people take it too far ie misinterpreting the bible.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
A conversation between the lord and Adam.

The Creator: Now that you had disobeyed me by eating from the Tree of Conscience you are banished from the Garden of Eden and will experience death when the time I feel is right for you.

Adam: Pardon me, Sir. But how was I supposed to know that eating from The Tree was wrong in order to refrain from doing so before obtaining the knowledge of good and evil, which could only be achieved from eating from The Tree?

The Creator: Silence! You have no authority to question my will and wisdom.

Adam: Please Sir, would you not show me some mercy?

The Creator: I could have killed you immediately after you ate from The Tree. But I chose not to until you have gone through years of hardship and agony. Am I not merciful enough?

Adam: Will you not forgive me, Sir?

The Creator: I will forgive you by crucifying my only Son.

Adam: Great! Err... What does the term "crucify" mean?

The Creator: It's a verb. It means "put someone to death by nailing or binding them to a cross".

Adam: Gosh! Why would you kill your son in order to forgive me?

The Creator: So that you would feel guiltier for what you have done to my beloved Tree.

Adam: Err... fine. If that's the only way I can be saved by you and from you, so be it. I am waiting.

The Creator: Good. I'll do it in a few thousand years' time.

Adam: But why, Sir?

The Creator: Because the cross is yet to be invented, you fool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)