War of the Worlds (1 Viewer)

scoby_2000

HSC
Komaticom said:
One could always replay the firefight against the 4 Striders in the courtyard of the Nexus.

lol....HL2 roxorz!

that bit was so hard....i cudnt figure out where to get ammo!

such a good game!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
they said that the aliens shit heads were superior beings, smarter etc etc...yet they make fucking machines out of what looks like some sort of iron based thing, maybe steel, and all the tripod thingymabobs are interconnected...

HOW FUCKING STUPID

but otherwise, fairly good movie

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Nah, it's the whole point of the story. Wells was saying that we shouldn't put so much faith in our own superiority - it's not our own strength or intelligence that saves us, it's the natural world.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I watched it I thought it was ok. Am I the only person who thought Tom Cruise was really bad in it? I mean he is usually a bad actor but this was a terrible preformance. And he is getting old so his hotness factor is going down.

The ending sort of pissed me off but still not a bad movie. The book was better.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
he was crap wen he was going to robbie
u don;t ahve to fight robbie

YOU DON:T HAVE TO FIGHHHHHTTTTTT

tempco

HSC
i thought he was alright in this movie.

he shouldve socked robbie in the head though. then run and take the little girl. then sock robbie again.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
saw it tonight, i thought the acting was pretty weak, i thought dakota would of been better, ending was OK

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Robbie really was a little shit. Waving his arms at the army convoy telling them to pick him up and then also saying "I need to see this". Stubborn, teenage boy.

I liked how thrilling it was too. When there were moments of silence I was expecting a fucking tripod foot to come smashing through the wall or something crazy, that's how paranoid I got lol.

I loved the special effects too and the last scenes in that industrial kind of place really reminded me of HL2 as well ;)

icecreamdisco

HSC
i thought this was a fantastic film. it's great to see such large scale destruction presented in a really terrifying and intelligent way instead of just for cheap thrills (*cough*dayaftertomorrow*cough*). the sense of dread is amazingly palpable, and i was so tense and involved that i overlooked all the lapses in logic that i've seen pointed out in other reviews. i liked the explicit references that the characters make to terrorism; it added to the realism IMO.

even if the ending is weak, i still think it kinda works in hindsight. *shrug*

Farnarcle

RCMasterAA said:
I liked how thrilling it was too. When there were moments of silence I was expecting a fucking tripod foot to come smashing through the wall or something crazy, that's how paranoid I got lol.

I loved the special effects too and the last scenes in that industrial kind of place really reminded me of HL2 as well ;)
Lol, me too. The feeling of the movie was really good, even if it had some plot holes.

kelbel88

HSC
tom cruise is a turd

I absolteuly hate tom cruise .He is the biggest wanker and thinks he know everything just because he does that scientology religion crap.

tempco

HSC
kelbel88 said:
I absolteuly hate tom cruise .He is the biggest wanker and thinks he know everything just because he does that scientology religion crap.
that has nothing to do with his ability to act, and hence with the movie. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)